If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

Wow I don't even know where to start with this post, dogs have saved families from fire rescued thousands from disaster. Protected many family members and guess what it's now being proven that certain dogs can detect cancer before clinical diagnosis. These are just a few of the many examples so I wouldnt exactly agree with your opinion of their worth.

Matter of fact if you consider what we do with animal testing and the fact that the majority of dogs with aggression issues are brought about by human abuse. I would much more likely believe we worry about humans a bit to much at the expense of animals. Oh yeah I forgot because we are human we have more right to the planet than all other species whatever was I thinking?

For every dog that saves people from fires there are thousands of humans that do the same they are called fire fighters. For every dog that can detect cancer there are doctors and other countless medical personnel looking to find a cure so a child doesn't have to loose a dad so early in life.

Once again I just see the good in people and I don't think dogs are worthless its just I think we should worry about the messed up stuff we do to each other before going out of the way to protect animals as much as we do ( PETA and other organizations that get too much funding however I do support the humane society ). If we make a better human being and a better society than people will treat animals better. I know a lot of people love dogs but I am sorry a dog will never love you as much as your mother, dad, wife, husband, child ect.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For every dog that saves people from fires there are thousands of humans that do the same they are called fire fighters. For every dog that can detect cancer there are doctors and other countless medical personnel looking to find a cure so a child doesn't have to loose a dad so early in life.

Once again I just see the good in people and I don't think dogs are worthless its just I think we should worry about the messed up stuff we do to each other before going out of the way to protect animals as much as we do. If we make a better human being and a better society than people will treat animals better. I know a lot of people love dogs but I am sorry a dog will never love you as much as your mother, dad, wife, husband, child ect.

If Vick carried out what he did to dogs to humans, he would be considered Jeffrey Dahmer.

a lot of these other circumstances surrounding other NFL players were terrible lapses in judgement.

Once again I just see the good in people and I don't think dogs are worthless its just I think we should worry about the messed up stuff we do to each other before going out of the way to protect animals so much. If we make a better human being and a better society than people will treat animals better. I know a lot of people love dogs but I am sorry a dog will never love you as much as your mother, dad, wife, husband, child ect.

Actually these dogs are detecting cancer before our medicine can do so that is something special. This could save a father, mother, brother or sister. To me the main difference is these animals count on us we have created them they are not capable of life without us. Not in the way we have bred them through the ages anyway. All I'm saying is we are supposed to be the most evolved species on the planet yet we can't ever seem to get it right. People kill alot more people than animals do. All I'm wondering is why do you feel we have more right on this planet than animals do. If anything we have proven that we have less respect for eachother and the planet than animals do. Oh yeah they were here before us as well.

If Vick carried out what he did to dogs to humans, he would be considered Jeffrey Dahmer.

a lot of these other circumstances surrounding other NFL players were terrible lapses in judgement.

Exactly normally single lapses in judgement vs years of knowingly allowing torture I don't understand how people can't see the difference here.

And not something they did repeatedly over and over for years...when they knew what they were doing was illegal

I asked him if Vick should be reinstated back into the NFL after his jail time was up...

In response, "Just like his dogs, Vick deserves a second chance...I've worked with hundreds of cases and seen a lot of things...Overall, Vick deserves at least another shot."

I walked away, from that question in amazement...I really would of thought John would of said opposite, however, he didn't...

Almost a year later, Vick is out...should he play...I say yes! *when 12 months ago I'd say no!*

The Irony: If he does play for San Fran...he plays in an area where a good portion of his rehabbed pit bulls are located...I remember seeing one of the adopted family members wearing a 49ers t-shirt...If I remember close to 5 of the pit bulls are in the bay area

That is a cool story. It is good to see a lot of the dogs get a chance at having a decent life.

However, none of the dogs who were slaughtered got a second chance.

I think he should eventually get a chance in the NFL, he shouldnt get a lifetime ban. I dont wish for any MV success though, even if he played for the BB

Actually these dogs are detecting cancer before our medicine can do so that is something special. This could save a father, mother, brother or sister. To me the main difference is these animals count on us we have created them they are not capable of life without us. Not in the way we have bred them through the ages anyway. All I'm saying is we are supposed to be the most evolved species on the planet yet we can't ever seem to get it right. People kill alot more people than animals do. All I'm wondering is why do you feel we have more right on this planet than animals do. If anything we have proven that we have less respect for eachother and the planet than animals do. Oh yeah they were here before us as well.

Exactly we can't seem to get it right. All I am saying is that we have so many problems that animals are way down on the list. If we eliminate human trafficking, child labor, famine, and all other sorts of f*cked up things that we are doing to each other that can be stopped in our lifetime than we can focus on helping animals on a wide range.

Peta gets 31 million dollars a year in donations in my opinion that is money that could be better spent on much more worthy causes.

And we do have more of a right to the planet we are the dominate species ; what are we suppose to do bow down to our animal overlords and let them take back their land? We have to respect our animal counter parts but its just nature that the dominate species takes over. Its nice to say we should share our land with our animal equals but once you take a look at what that actually means its kind of stupid. If dogs were the dominate species they would not treat us like equals its just nature

You PETA people are out of your freaking minds. Dogs aren't people, man. Get a grip. I hope you grandstanders do burn your gear -- ya bunch of whackadoos.

I love dogs, but I often get the feeling that many animal-rights-folks would jeopardize a human life for that of a dachsund.

You know what will happen if you have a heart attack and die while home alone with your dog? It will eat you. They are still animals. And as much as you want to give them human traits, they are still only animals who are not capable of human emotion. To play devil's advocate: isn't it kind of cruel to hold an animal hostage as your indentured pet?

You know what will happen if you have a heart attack and die while home alone with your dog? It will eat you.

If the dog dies in Toronto, they call it a general tso's special.

You PETA people are out of your freaking minds. Dogs aren't people, man. Get a grip. I hope you grandstanders do burn your gear -- ya bunch of whackadoos.

I love dogs, but I often get the feeling that many animal-rights-folks would jeopardize a human life for that of a dachsund.

You know what will happen if you have a heart attack and die while home alone with your dog? It will eat you. They are still animals. And as much as you want to give them human traits, they are still only animals who are not capable of human emotion. To play devil's advocate: isn't it kind of cruel to hold an animal hostage as your indentured pet?

Where did I say that dogs were = to or > than people? In fact, the point you quoted was saying that dogs are < than people.

Exactly we can't seem to get it right. All I am saying is that we have so many problems that animals are way down on the list. If we eliminate human trafficking, child labor, famine, and all other sorts of f*cked up things that we are doing to each other that can be stopped in our lifetime than we can focus on helping animals on a wide range.

Peta gets 31 million dollars a year in donations in my opinion that is money that could be better spent on much more worthy causes.

And we do have more of a right to the planet we are the dominate species ; what are we suppose to do bow down to our animal overlords and let them take back their land? We have to respect our animal counter parts but its just nature that the dominate species takes over. Its nice to say we should share our land with our animal equals but once you take a look at what that actually means its kind of stupid. If dogs were the dominate species they would not treat us like equals its just nature

89 I agree with you on alot of your points the 31 mil is splitting hairs because we just gave the rich almost a trillion dollars. I disagree with you that as the dominant species we have more right to the planet. Of course I'm not saying give the animals back the land. We could go back and forth on this forever I mean by your reasoning the british man is greater than the indian right? I mean he came over with guns and dominated took that inferior races land and gave them little slivers here and there. See I think we need to value all life to think we are greater or more entitled is to play God.

I'm not actually a religious person but I do believe that all life is precious and here for a reason. I tell you what like yourself I try to look for the good in people, like yourself I would like to see us iron out these issues but honestly watch the news heck even read this one thread.

We have people shocked that someone would dump loyalty to a professional sports team over an issue that is close to their heart and part of their moral fabric. Does this not worry you a little? Is this the mentality that will help us iron out our problems? Maybe if we started to value ALL life a bit more we could start to find some solutions.

PETA is a bunch of extremists that you should be ashamed of accusing people of being part of. No one here is grandstanding or whacked (except for anyone supporting a criminal) We're just decent human beings...something that Vick and other scumbags like him know nothing about. As far as claiming you love dogs, it's laughable that you say that and then turn around and lie about them. It will eat you? LMAO. It's been said that a cat might do that but never a dog...well, unless you abuse your dog, I guess it might...but if you abuse your dog, you deserve everything that's coming to you

89 I agree with you on alot of your points the 31 mil is splitting hairs because we just gave the rich almost a trillion dollars. I disagree with you that as the dominant species we have more right to the planet. Of course I'm not saying give the animals back the land. We could go back and forth on this forever I mean by your reasoning the british man is greater than the indian right? I mean he came over with guns and dominated took that inferior races land and gave them little slivers here and there. See I think we need to value all life to think we are greater or more entitled is to play God.

I'm not actually a religious person but I do believe that all life is precious and here for a reason. I tell you what like yourself I try to look for the good in people, like yourself I would like to see us iron out these issues but honestly watch the news heck even read this one thread.

We have people shocked that someone would dump loyalty to a professional sports team over an issue that is close to their heart and part of their moral fabric. Does this not worry you a little? Is this the mentality that will help us iron out our problems? Maybe if we started to value ALL life a bit more we could start to find some solutions.

We shouldn't fight for the rights of animals MORE than we fight for the rights of humans. We can help animals but we should make sure to know that humans are more important at least until we straighten things out. Its easy to say we shouldn't dominate animals but without use of animals as food and as agricultural help we would not be where we are. Now we shouldn't be cruel to animals as they help us and they deserve respect. We should also respect our environment as we need it.

Now I know all animal rights activists and dog lovers don't feel that animals are equal or better than humans. But there are a lot of people who feel that way ( yet they would easily kill a bug or a less cute animal.). I have a cop friend who says people who are more likely to call 911 on an animal getting hit than a women getting hit. That to me is just sad. Like I said build a better person and they will respect animals.

PETA is a bunch of extremists that you should be ashamed of accusing people of being part of. No one here is grandstanding or whacked (except for anyone supporting a criminal) We're just decent human beings...something that Vick and other scumbags like him know nothing about. As far as claiming you love dogs, it's laughable that you say that and then turn around and lie about them. It will eat you? LMAO. It's been said that a cat might do that but never a dog...well, unless you abuse your dog, I guess it might...but if you abuse your dog, you deserve everything that's coming to you

Look it up, brother. And your beligerant tone betrays your sanity. If you abuse your dog, you deserve everything that comes to you? I agree, you should treat your pets well, but there's something about your rhetoric that just screams wackadoo-fringe.

Like I said build a better person and they will respect animals.

I agree with everything you said in this post and in a nutshell we come to the same conclusion for to me it is not human to disrespect any life.

Never. He either has too little intelligence to make appropriate decisions, or he has no basis for what is right or wrong. I happen to think morality has one of the highest seats in football relevance. Morality is doing what is right or wrong, regardless, and sometimes in spite of, the circumstances. That parellels football. Football is working very hard as a team, sacrificing all for the greater good. None of that is in Vick's resume.

Look it up, brother. And your beligerant tone betrays your sanity. If you abuse your dog, you deserve everything that comes to you? I agree, you should treat your pets well, but there's something about your rhetoric that just screams wackadoo-fringe.

When people can actually defend one of the worst scumbags ever to play in the NFL, it sets me off...especially when people actually want to bring that piece of trash to my team. I'm a pet owner and besides the dogs that he trained to be vicious, he took people's pets and tortured and killed them as well. If it were my pet he did that to...let's just say I'd be in jail and I'll leave it at that....I guarantee you I'm not the only person who'd react that way, either

Never. He either has too little intelligence to make appropriate decisions, or he has no basis for what is right or wrong. I happen to think morality has one of the highest seats in football relevance. Morality is doing what is right or wrong, regardless, and sometimes in spite of, the circumstances. That parellels football. Football is working very hard as a team, sacrificing all for the greater good. None of that is in Vick's resume.

Than kick out Lenard Little, any player who has struck a plea deal on a domestic violence charge, or any player convicted on a drug charge.

Based on all the drug use ( both illegal drug use and cheating drugs like HGH ), cheating on their wives, domestic violence, there really shouldn't be that many players left in the NFL if you kicked out all the immoral ones ( not that all of those things are equal to or worse than what Vick did )

The NFL would just be a bunch of Grandstanding douche bags if they didn't let Vick play if a team wanted him to. Unlike most of the immoral cheats in the NFL Vick actually spent jail time for his heinous acts and lost his contract. The NFL is full of scumbags why should Vick be the only one not allowed to play once he served his time. It would be really unfair for Vick to be the only one.

When people can actually defend one of the worst scumbags ever to play in the NFL, it sets me off...especially when people actually want to bring that piece of trash to my team. I'm a pet owner and besides the dogs that he trained to be vicious, he took people's pets and tortured and killed them as well. If it were my pet he did that to...let's just say I'd be in jail and I'll leave it at that....I guarantee you I'm not the only person who'd react that way, either

I mean what exactly are you saying? You would kill someone if they messed with your dog?

That's kind of ridiculous, my man -- a little out there. My only point is there are people who have done equally bad things and are still in the league. Mike Vick, like most people who make mistakes, has been punished and deserves another chance.

Some of you dog-facists are intolerable.