Tinoisamoa still considering Bills

What I don't understand is that I thought he was fairly excited to come back and reunite with Fewell; the spot has his name written all over it.

looking at the eagles dept chart, this is what they have on paper: (Never heard of Jordan or Fokuo)

WLB--Akeem Jordan--Omar Gaither-- Moise Fokou

I'm guessing there was excitement on both sides, but assuming there was an offer, Pisa wanted a little more.

Obviously, this seems like a very good fit for the reasons you mentioned, but this still is a business first. Both sides gotta do whats best for them. But I'd like to see him here too.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me wonder if they are thinking of trying Maybin at a linebacker spot. Dunno - just a thought.

Personally, I think to get the most out of Maybin, you need to be creative in how you use him. Maybe as a rush end in pass situations and then when he gains more experience, a LB in rush situations.

And for as much crap as Jauron gets for not being creative, Roosevelt Colvin at OLB had back to back 10+ sack seasons under DJ in Chicago. Maybin has a higher ceiling so hopefully we use him properly.

I think the last time the Bills had a LB who they wanted to get at all costs mentality was Takeo Spikes. Look how well that worked out.

If Spikes never got hurt, he would have been the best LB in Bills history. He was amazing and arguably the best OLB pre-injury. Though it stings a little bit, I'm glad he moved on to be a productive players for the 49ers. Good dude that was one of my favorite Bills of all time.

I think the last time the Bills had a LB who they wanted to get at all costs mentality was Takeo Spikes. Look how well that worked out.

And if I'm not mistaken, Spikes was a fantastic LB and a playmaker on defense. The fact that he got hurt doesn't lessen what he accomplished on the field. Hell, anyone can get hurt on any play causing them to miss a season. If Spikes doesn't get hurt vs. Atlanta, he probably would be known as one of the best Bills LB ever. He certainly was a fan favorite as well.

If Spikes never got hurt, he would have been the best LB in Bills history. He was amazing and arguably the best OLB pre-injury. Though it stings a little bit, I'm glad he moved on to be a productive players for the 49ers. Good dude that was one of my favorite Bills of all time.

Unfortunately you could say the same things about Sam Cowart and Damien Covington.

It worked out great, until TKO got hurt.

You're not actually comparing the signing of a priority UFA like Spikes to a salary cap casualty like PT, are you?

Personally, I think to get the most out of Maybin, you need to be creative in how you use him. Maybe as a rush end in pass situations and then when he gains more experience, a LB in rush situations.

And for as much crap as Jauron gets for not being creative, Roosevelt Colvin at OLB had back to back 10+ sack seasons under DJ in Chicago. Maybin has a higher ceiling so hopefully we use him properly.

I don't believe you'll see too much of Maybin at LB, unless of course you define any stand-up pass-rush position as a LB. I think he'll spend most of his time as a 3rd down pass rusher, since that's where he was most effective in college.

Some of the time, however, he'll stand up and rush when Buffalo goes to the "creep" formation (you know, that goofy one where everyone stands up about a yard off of the line of scrimmage).

I don't believe you'll see too much of Maybin at LB, unless of course you define any stand-up pass-rush position as a LB. I think he'll spend most of his time as a 3rd down pass rusher, since that's where he was most effective in college.

Some of the time, however, he'll stand up and rush when Buffalo goes to the "creep" formation (you know, that goofy one where everyone stands up about a yard off of the line of scrimmage).

Ya, that formation worked really well.

For about 2 plays.

I do think that Maybin will be used in obvious passing situations, and hopefully Fewell can be creative enough to exploit his talents.

In regards to Tinoisamoa, I suppose it will be about the $ more than anything. If the same amount of money is being offered he'd probably choose one of the 2 other teams.

Ya, that formation worked really well.

For about 2 plays.

I do think that Maybin will be used in obvious passing situations, and hopefully Fewell can be creative enough to exploit his talents.

In regards to Tinoisamoa, I suppose it will be about the $ more than anything. If the same amount of money is being offered he'd probably choose one of the 2 other teams.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of it either, but Fewell seems to really like using it in obvious passing situations.

And you're spot on about Pisa, it's totally about $$, which is fine with me...I'm a capitolist.

i don't care if the Bills sign him but he would surely be better than keith ellison

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-73/...ring-Bills.html

Not so fast...

Here's what KC Joyner says

Joyner is one of the best statistical analysts around. Last sentence of the article:

"But I don't think it would be a significant upgrade to their starting roster."

Looks like it's us & Da Bears...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Pisa Tinoisamoa-LB-Rams May. 20 - 5:53 pm et

The Philadelphia Daily News disputes an ESPN report that free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa is scheduled to visit the Eagles next week.

The fit seemed odd because Steve Spagnuolo deemed Tinoisamoa a poor fit for the Rams and Philadelphia runs the same scheme. Pisa remains an option for Buffalo and Chicago. He was at the Bears' facility on Wednesday.

The key here is to make it a situationwhere Pisa can still sign with us and make it seem like a win sitaution for him.....

Whatever we offered Pisa......add a small amount to it. Dont break the bank just add another incentive or something to show you want him.....then send a plane for him and get him out of Chicago.

Pisa fits our system...is a veteran guy who can make plays....and we have a need.

The key here is to make it a situationwhere Pisa can still sign with us and make it seem like a win sitaution for him.....

Whatever we offered Pisa......add a small amount to it. Dont break the bank just add another incentive or something to show you want him.....then send a plane for him and get him out of Chicago.

Pisa fits our system...is a veteran guy who can make plays....and we have a need.

I Agree 100%.