Tom Golisano

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a hero he is. :worthy::worthy: Someone give him a medal.

So I guess the logic here is when a billionaire dodges paying his taxes, he's not jobbing the system for his own advantage, he's sticking up for the little guy!

PTR

Tom Golisano's check book is always open for any and all charities here in Rochester. I for one amd glad to see that he is taking a stand. The truth is that Golisano can afford to live anywhere that he wants to, including New York State.

He is not doing this for his own benefit. The taxes here are a drop in the bucket for him. he is taking a stand for all New Yorkers.

Yet he blew his cash running as an Independent in three elections he had no chance of winning. I might also mention both parties were probably reluctant to nominate a man with zero political experience for the state's top political spot. Running a business (where you get to make the decisions) isn't like heading a state where decisions are brokered.

Have you actually seen the resumes of the majority of politicians here in New York State, including our present and past govenors.

NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER HAD A REAL F**KING JOB IN THEIR MISERABLE F**KING LIVES!

Political experience is nothing more than a cover for the worthless individuals that have no real world experience.

Indeed they were...

Sen. Lyndon Baines Johnson

(One of the reasons JFK picked LBJ for his running mate is because he did not want to have to deal with Johnson as majority leader in the Senate, preferring the more reasonable Mike Mansfield.)

Sen. Richard M. Nixon

Then I guess what I've heard is Kennedy was the last President to go directly from the Senate floor to the White House. I should know to never challenge someone named The Senator when talking about Senators. :thumbdown:

I expect personal attacks from people with no real intellectual capabilities. You and AD are two peas in a pod.

Real estate is higher, groceries are higher, restaurants tend to be more expensive...should I go on? Now, I'm comparing the prices here in St Augustine to that of WNY. I can't be certain about the entire state. But, as I believe Tom lives in either the Buffalo or Rochester area (and not in the NYC area) he will most certainly find his dollar doesn't go as far here, as it does where he currently lives.

As far as itemization, do it yourself, if you can figure out how to do it. I'll give you some help. Here is a "typical" home comparison on a state-by-state basis (with communities broken out) from 2006. Yes, I know the market has changed, but this is what you get to start with:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/26/real_estat...gment/index.htm

Now, if you move Darin's balls away from your eyes, perhaps you can read it for yourself.

I really doubt he's concerned about how much a loaf of bread costs. He's moving there because if you eliminate the state taxes on his income it's going to put a lot more disposable income in his pocket every year. And rich people want that so they can invest that money and make more money. Reason number one why lower taxes spur economic growth.

I really doubt he's concerned about how much a loaf of bread costs. He's moving there because if you eliminate the state taxes on his income it's going to put a lot more disposable income in his pocket every year. And rich people want that so they can invest that money and make more money. Reason number one why lower taxes spur economic growth.

$13K per day...$13,000 per freakin' day!!!!!!

link

I expect personal attacks from people with no real intellectual capabilities. You and AD are two peas in a pod.

Real estate is higher, groceries are higher, restaurants tend to be more expensive...should I go on? Now, I'm comparing the prices here in St Augustine to that of WNY. I can't be certain about the entire state. But, as I believe Tom lives in either the Buffalo or Rochester area (and not in the NYC area) he will most certainly find his dollar doesn't go as far here, as it does where he currently lives.

As far as itemization, do it yourself, if you can figure out how to do it. I'll give you some help. Here is a "typical" home comparison on a state-by-state basis (with communities broken out) from 2006. Yes, I know the market has changed, but this is what you get to start with:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/26/real_estat...gment/index.htm

Now, if you move Darin's balls away from your eyes, perhaps you can read it for yourself.

Way to take one small set of data and pretend that somehow proves anything. But you're among the intellectual elite.

New York is just about out of "other people's" money. What will you liberal idiots do then? Because taxing your way to prosperity ain't worked yet.

I really doubt he's concerned about how much a loaf of bread costs. He's moving there because if you eliminate the state taxes on his income it's going to put a lot more disposable income in his pocket every year.

Let's see, according to the info at the website provided by Lurker, the cost of living in St Augustine is 36% higher than in Rochester.

If Tom moves to Boca Raton, the cost of living is 95% higher:

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=5000...;city2=51207300

While Mr. Golisano may not care about the price of "a loaf of bread", I assume housing prices, and all other costs associated with, you know, living, impact his disposal income.

Way to take one small set of data and pretend that somehow proves anything.

Did you read further, and see the cost of living comparisons that compare many factors?

Did you read further, and see the cost of living comparisons that compare many factors?

When I went to the U.S. Census Bureau and looked at their figures, I found that the 2 states are very similar in costs in everything except Real Estate, where the average Floridian pays a significantly higher premium, and utilities, where NY residents are paying more. The Real Estate difference is to be expected, given supply/demand and the likelihood that with more people with money there will be significantly more expensive houses built and beach front also tends to skew costs.

People and business are fleeing NYS and have been for decades. They move to places like Florida.

Your "argument" is typical liberal blather.

Have you actually seen the resumes of the majority of politicians here in New York State, including our present and past govenors.

NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER HAD A REAL F**KING JOB IN THEIR MISERABLE F**KING LIVES!

Political experience is nothing more than a cover for the worthless individuals that have no real world experience.

Exactly. Argument #1 for full term limits.

Exactly. Argument #1 for full term limits.

Actually, the #1 argument for term limits is re-election rates (NYS was over 95% last time I looked). If liberals are so bent on helping the stupid, term limits ought to be the first plank in their platform.

Actually, the #1 argument for term limits is re-election rates (NYS was over 95% last time I looked). If liberals are so bent on helping the stupid, term limits ought to be the first plank in their platform.

AD - aside from the fact that a good portion of the people in NYS are morons, the State Civil Service Employees and the Teachers are the largest lobbying groups and own every single piece of sh-- Democrat in the entire state.

On top of that, these bastards gerrymander and redraw the districts (even including the prison population in the census) to make sure that they keep their power base.

The best thing to happen to New York State is if the capitol building was built by the same contractor that built the Cowboys practice facility and the day these idiots vote to give themselves raises (assuring full attendance) is the day a hurricane lands in Albany.

When I went to the U.S. Census Bureau and looked at their figures, I found that the 2 states are very similar in costs in everything except Real Estate, where the average Floridian pays a significantly higher premium, and utilities, where NY residents are paying more. The Real Estate difference is to be expected, given supply/demand and the likelihood that with more people with money there will be significantly more expensive houses built and beach front also tends to skew costs.

People and business are fleeing NYS and have been for decades. They move to places like Florida.

Your "argument" is typical liberal blather.

In other words, you got nothin'. Other, than, of course, to use "liberal" as if it were an insult.

Your response is as pathetic as that of your ball-sucking minions.

In other words, you got nothin'. Other, than, of course, to use "liberal" as if it were an insult.

Your response is as pathetic as that of your ball-sucking minions.

Drunk and smelly ain't a good way to go through life, Dean!!

< Alaska Darin > :thumbdown::thumbdown: