My review of last years rams/bills game

- Their biulds are similar

- Ellison takes horrible angles.....misses a lot of tackles......and gets pushed around.....he really is a liability on the field.

- Pia takes good angles and is all over the field.....but does not make BIG plays.......he is a good tackler and guys very seldom get away from him but a lot of his stuff IS downfield......he gets pushed around but does not give up on plays. He is not a star but is also not a liability on the field.

Dont overpay for Pisa.....but hope that someone does replace Ellison.

- Ellison takes horrible angles.....misses a lot of tackles......and gets pushed around.....he really is a liability on the field.

- Pia takes good angles and is all over the field.....but does not make BIG plays.......he is a good tackler and guys very seldom get away from him but a lot of his stuff IS downfield......he gets pushed around but does not give up on plays. He is not a star but is also not a liability on the field.

The way I look at it....if he is better than Ellison, sign him up. This team needs to get better all over the place and if this is regarded as an upgrade, get it done.

People are way too hard on Ellison. He was a 6th round pick who wasn't supposed to be a starter. As a rookie, he had to replace an injured TKO and did a great job. This year, he wasn't supposed to start again but had to play after the Crowll fiasco. He isn't a NFL starter but has returned great value for a 6th round pick.

That said, we definitely need to upgrade his position and put him in his rightful spot as a backup with starting experience and STs demon.

People are way too hard on Ellison. He was a 6th round pick who wasn't supposed to be a starter. As a rookie, he had to replace an injured TKO and did a great job. This year, he wasn't supposed to start again but had to play after the Crowll fiasco. He isn't a NFL starter but has returned great value for a 6th round pick.

That said, we definitely need to upgrade his position and put him in his rightful spot as a backup with starting experience and STs demon.

Agree 100%. Ellison is a decent backup LB, who has been forced into the starting role, due to injuries. Now that he has almost two years as a starter, he is an even more valuable backup.

Well put - my thoughts exactly. I like the guy, just not as our starter....

The way people describe Pisa is reminding me a lot of what was said about London Fletcher -- inadequate size but a tackling machine, gets pushed around but doesn't give up. All that's missing is the complaint that he makes all his tackes six yards downfield.

I have no memory of seeing Pisa play so I don't know. And I also think Fletcher was a net positive in his time with the Bills, so I'm not just looking to dump on Pisa.

Any thoughts on the comparison?

The way people describe Pisa is reminding me a lot of what was said about London Fletcher -- inadequate size but a tackling machine, gets pushed around but doesn't give up. All that's missing is the complaint that he makes all his tackes six yards downfield.

I have no memory of seeing Pisa play so I don't know. And I also think Fletcher was a net positive in his time with the Bills, so I'm not just looking to dump on Pisa.

one difference is that Fletcher was a middle linebacker while Pisa is an outside backer.

He has a decent amount of INTs, and Forced Fumbles, and a smattering of sacks- don't they count as big plays

TSW memory is short. 2 years ago he was heaped with praise over how he was the best OLB in the league covering the pass, and his future as a star, assured...

I think it's very difficult to compare a Middle LB with a true Outside LB.

Fletcher was excellent here....I don't care if he made tackles after a gain of 3 inches or 3 yards. The guy tackled everything in site and was a 3 down player.

Pisa is a perfect match for the Bills defense. Keiaho, June and Pisa all fill the same role in the "Tampa" cover 2 scheme, I'd take Pisa over both of those guys. If the Bills do luck out and sign this guy, he will have a 100 tackle season here.

I think Pisa is an OLB version of London. I would hope if we sign him the overall linebacking for the Bills would play up a notch and that we'd see more big plays in general. I think it does matter where a tackle is made, esp. for the Bills because our D has had so much trouble getting off the field. I think the tackle for a loss stat. is a key stat for assessing a player because so often when a tackle is made for a loss it seems to make it much more difficult to get the first down on that series of downs. I would love to see a stat. that shows first down conversions on a series where on one of the three plays a loss was recorded. Penalties would not count since you get the down over.

Keith Ellison runs from contact. I have never seen him take on a fullback or a running back with a full head of steam, and I have watched film on all of our games. He often misses easy tackles.

He is pretty good in pass coverage.