2010 Bills head Coach Poll

Head coach wishlist - 2010  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which currently unemployed/retired coach would you hire?

• Mike Holmgren
    • Jon Gruden
    • Mike Shanahan
    • Bill Cowher

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Gruden he seems most likely. The other three want too much control and more money than Gruden. Also Gruden is the youngest out of the four and made the Raiders into a winner an accomplishment that is remarkable and if he could do that for Oakland he could do that for us.

If we were going to go after a big name Gruden is most likely. Even if I could choose out of the four I would still take Gruden. We have a situation that is similar although not as bad as Oakland's was in the late 1990's. If we fail in 2009 we need to be rebuilt and Gruden seems better suited to do so.

Cower- I don't like the 3-4 and he seems like he can't work with limited resources.

Holmgren- Too old seems like he would be two years and done if he struggles.

Shanny- Did o.k without Elway ( Best season was an apperance in the AFC title game ) but not as good as Gruden.

The other three want too much control and more money than Gruden.

I want someone who wants 'too much control' and can build a winner without imput from the marketing dept.

Holmgren would be great.

I voted for Gruden he seems most likely. The other three want too much control and more money than Gruden. Also Gruden is the youngest out of the four and made the Raiders into a winner an accomplishment that is remarkable and if he could do that for Oakland he could do that for us.

If we were going to go after a big name Gruden is most likely. Even if I could choose out of the four I would still take Gruden. We have a situation that is similar although not as bad as Oakland's was in the late 1990's. If we fail in 2009 we need to be rebuilt and Gruden seems better suited to do so.

Cower- I don't like the 3-4 and he seems like he can't work with limited resources.

Holmgren- Too old seems like he would be two years and done if he struggles.

Shanny- Did o.k without Elway ( Best season was an apperance in the AFC title game ) but not as good as Gruden.

i dunno about Gruden and his insecurity with QBs, that's the last thing we need here! he seems to collect them like DJ collects DBs

i dunno about Gruden and his insecurity with QBs, that's the last thing we need here! he seems to collect them like DJ collects DBs

Well Gruden did have a good four year run with Gannon in Oakland. Its not like Gruden ever had a lot of good young talent at qb in Tampa. He just never drafted one high enough. I think if he got a good talent at qb he would stick with him and more so if he was young

I'm continually amazed at how many people love Bill Cowher. The Leno chin spitter and Gruden are the rah-rah guys in this group.

I prefer a brilliant offensive mind over screaming & spitting.

Chuckie has a great offensive mind. When he got to TB there was really no offense there.

Chuckie has a great offensive mind. When he got to TB there was really no offense there.

You'd think a great offensive mind might have built a decent offense. He had seven years there to get it done.

I think The Sen wants to "do him".

If Texas Tech leads the nation in offense again after losing both Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree, I think you'll see some interest in Leach at least as an Offensive Coordinator.

I'd love to see what he can do in the NFL - unfortunately, as has been posted elsewhere, if the Bills are looking for a new HC and/or OC next season, it means this season has gone awry (or a pumpernickel).

If Leach's team leads the nation in offense again after losing both Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree, I think you'll see some interest in him at least as an Offensive Coordinator.

I'd love to see what Leach can do in the NFL - unfortunately, as has been posted elsewhere, if the Bills are looking for a new HC and/or OC next season, it means this season has gone awry (or a pumpernickel).

I'd love to see Leach as an NFL Bills OC. Unfortunately, most of these guys want to come in and run the whole show, right away, even though they don't know the ins-and-outs of the NFL.