2010 Bills head Coach Poll

Head coach wishlist - 2010  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which currently unemployed/retired coach would you hire?

• Mike Holmgren
    • Jon Gruden
    • Mike Shanahan
    • Bill Cowher

No more excuses is another way of saying Trent Edwards finally has all the necessary pieces in place to be successful in the National football league, but that's just on the field.

Lets not forget about our stellar Coaching staff. I don't really care who you want to refer to its not convincing me of anything.

Trent Edwards is doing his job, its time for the rest of the organization and his teammates around him to do theirs.

Agreed, he is doing the best possible job he can do given the tools and teaching he is being given.

I feel bad for him, DJ may well be single-handedly consigning him from what may have been a great, even HOF career, to an afterthought, through his inept and horrible coaching.

DJ costs lots of guys, lots of money and acclaim.

I wish he would suffer some non-lethal, completely recoverable disease or accident, which would keep him out of coaching for a year or 2. Really. Does anybody really think that Boby April could not do better, and the stray dog in the parking lot, just as well?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Agreed, he is doing the best possible job he can do given the tools and teaching he is being given.

I feel bad for him, DJ may well be single-handedly consigning him from what may have been a great, even HOF career, to an afterthought, through his inept and horrible coaching.

DJ costs lots of guys, lots of money and acclaim.

I wish he would suffer some non-lethal, completely recoverable disease or accident, which would keep him out of coaching for a year or 2. Really. Does anybody really think that Boby April could not do better, and the stray dog in the parking lot, just as well?

I like Bobby April allot, he's a smart, well rounded coach and would probably do better at addressing both sides of the ball properly.

I like Bobby April allot, he's a smart, well rounded coach and would probably do better at addressing both sides of the ball properly.

:flirt: I'm with you. I would much rather give April a shot than have Gruden as coach of the Bills. Believe me Gruden is not as smart as he thinks he is & is the biggest phony in the NFL................that is the reason Tampa fired him, he lost the locker room.

The OC you refer to, Fairchild, was a disgrace.

I didn't care much for him either as I'm certain most Bills fans were happy he left, the problem is... instead of hiring an experienced replacement he opted to promote the QB coach.

Schonert had growing pains last season and it cost the Bills dearly in several games. Ralph Wilson wanted changes made on offense in terms of coaching and Jauron made a stand for continuity and kept Schonert.

My take is it will turn out to be a huge mistake that Jauron kept Schonert, ultimately it will cost him his job.

Cowher finally won his Super Bowl, and it was one of the lamest Super Bowls ever. It took him about a decade and a half for him to do as much, and you folks clamoring for him crack me up.

What the f### do mean, a lame SB victory? Are you kidding? That has got to be the absolute stupidest take I have read on this board to date. I wonder how many Steelers fans thought the win was lame while they were partying and parading in Pittsburgh the next few weeks??

And you are trashing Cowher for taking 15 years to win it? It's now been officially 15 years since the Bills last played in a SB. I'm just as much of a Bills fan now as I was then, despite the fact I don't go to every game as I did in those days. Real NFL football fans have to appreciate SB wins no matter how many years come between them, since teams win so damn few of those games to begin with. Look at those Steelers fans. Before Cowher won his lame SB against the Seahawks, the fans waited those 15 Cowher years, plus another 11 more years, since their last SB win way back in the 1979-1980 season. That's right. Steelers fans had a 26 year SB drought between victories. You still think they though Cowher's win was lame, in 2005?