Smart move obama.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if there was no torture, there would be no photographs. That your pea-brain is incapable of grasping the connection is a prime example of why the GnOP is completely irrelevant.

OK, I'll bite. What does your latest slur stand for? Since I don't read Daily Kooks or Code Pink's site, I have know way of knowing what you mean.

OK, I'll bite. What does your latest slur stand for? Since I don't read Daily Kooks or Code Pink's site, I have know way of knowing what you mean.

The party of "no".

I didn't coin it, but it seems apt. Those dummies got good at telling people to shove it when they were in power ... but now that they're not they're still using the same old tactics. Dumb, really, as it makes them look silly and further alienates rational, reasonable people who might otherwise identify with the party.

The party of "no".

I didn't coin it, but it seems apt. Those dummies got good at telling people to shove it when they were in power ... but now that they're not they're still using the same old tactics. Dumb, really, as it makes them look silly and further alienates rational, reasonable people who might otherwise identify with the party.

I love the party of no. Really, do you want politicians saying yes to everything? Actually sounds like a good thing to me.

I love the party of no. Really, do you want politicians saying yes to everything? Actually sounds like a good thing to me.

I agree. And really, the liberals are the part of "no" as well.

No 1st Amendment. No 2nd Amendment. No 10th Amendment. :thumbdown:

So then why not use "DemNocrats" as a new slur, and you'll feel better.

I recall the Democrats demurred during the Repig power days, their patriotism was questioned. So I guess the answer is that Americans do want their politicians to say yes to everything the ruling power demands.

So then why not use "DemNocrats" as a new slur, and you'll feel better.

I recall the Democrats demurred during the Repig power days, their patriotism was questioned. So I guess the answer is that Americans do want their politicians to say yes to everything the ruling power demands.

I don't use silly slurs. I'll leave that for you and the other 12 year olds. <_<

See Deb, I don't feel the need as you do, to insult other people to make myself feel good. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I love life and I'm really sorry you don't.

I don't use silly slurs. I'll leave that for you and the other 12 year olds. <_<

See Deb, I don't feel the need as you do, to insult other people to make myself feel good. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I love life and I'm really sorry you don't.

Ah another "mind-reader", prophet and Dr. Phil wannabe.

I'm just fine, thanks very much. I have a good life, a nice place to live and many people who love me. I don't need to feel superior to a bunch of strangers on a board to enjoy myself.

Although sometimes it IS the icing on the cake. But not too often. :lol:

I read the whole thread. Really. Interesting debate.

My questions:

1. What do you all think the root cause for this predicament is? I think I know what it's not: it's not pressure from the far-left, that was after the fact because they couldn't have known the specifics about this until Obama talked about it first, it's not political cover for Pelosi, that was after the fact too, it's not dealing with a difficult issue "pragmatically" <_<, he only started acting "pragmatically" AFTER he changed his mind. My answer is below.

2. Aren't Dems afraid of over-using "the party of No"? Marketing-wise: If you classify your competition as one negative thing, you then have to set yourself up as the opposite, and stay that way, or you look like a hypocrite, or worse, you look naive/clueless. Right now, the opposite of "the party of NO" isn't looking so hot. It will be interesting to see if the Reps counter with Dems = "the party of whatever" or " the party of no...direction".

Unrelated Observation:

I'm not sure Pelosi is sane after the last time I saw her speak. Objectively now, she seems unbalanced. Crazy(Pelosi) scares me much more than silly(Bush). That Congressman that called her mean and crazy...looks like he's not so far off. Perhaps it's just stress or realization that Medicare is every bit as bad as I have been saying(so yeah West Wing fans, let's use a failed program that is going to be bankrupt in 8 years to nationalize health care, Yes We Can! :lol: It's just a TV show, idiots.). Dems better do something about her and Biden, 3-4 more of these things and it's big trouble.

Ultimately I think the root cause of all of this is Rom Emanuel. This "get em" mentality simply doesn't fit with Obama. I think Obama's behavior is clearly reactive, which is why he's looks indecisive. He is reacting to Emanuel's jackass political agenda, and trying to deal with it since it has blown up and created problems he didn't have before. New problems = need for taking a different position.

QUOTE (Chef Jim @ May 15 2009, 02:46 PM)

I don't use silly slurs. I'll leave that for you and the other 12 year olds.

Ah another "mind-reader", prophet and Dr. Phil wannabe.

I'm just fine, thanks very much. I have a good life, a nice place to live and many people who love me. I don't need to feel superior to a bunch of strangers on a board to enjoy myself.

Although sometimes it IS the icing on the cake. But not too often. :w00t:

Did he just say that he's doesn't use slurs ? and or imply that he doesn't insult people?