Smart move obama.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who allowed the Abu Ghraib photo's to come out?

Was that all Obama's fault too?

You really only know a single song, don't you. People on the right are actually giving kudos to Obama for doing the right thing, and yet you still feel the need to defend him.

If I were you, I'd pace myself. Sprinkle in a few more Cheney or Palin jokes or something because it's way too early for you to burn out all of your "I must protect my presidential choice at all mental costs" cards.

You really only know a single song, don't you. People on the right are actually giving kudos to Obama for doing the right thing, and yet you still feel the need to defend him.

If I were you, I'd pace myself. Sprinkle in a few more Cheney or Palin jokes or something because it's way too early for you to burn out all of your "I must protect my presidential choice at all mental costs" cards.

And there are still way too many on the right that give him zero credit.

And when Palin and Cheney drop out of the headlines I will stop poking fun at them.

Who allowed the Abu Ghraib photo's to come out?

Was that all Obama's fault too?

I'm glad we finally agree - Bush and Obama might as well be the same guy. Empty vessels selling visions of being uniters, not dividers, and claiming to transcend partisan Washington politics, all the while backed by ruthlessly effective campaign managers and special interests.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And there are still way too many on the right that give him zero credit.

And when Palin and Cheney drop out of the headlines I will stop poking fun at them.

So when Obama is in the headlines, no one can poke fun at him. But when people on the right are in the headlines, it's okay season.

Got it.

Just out of curiosity...does a blind commitment of undying love for Obama still come with a free arm band?

Yes...it is. Only a child who hasnt developed multi dimentional thinking yet would feel otherwise.

You want Obama to think and make decisions like a child would?

Maybe thats it...liberals are children. Its all about "feelings", casting away reality and one dimensional thinking.

This is thread is good evidence why the GOP is where is today.

It's just SHOCKING that a president could take a second look at a decision, review the evidence and arguments and move in a different direction.

I sympathize that you are smothered in rigid orthodoxy (as are those on the fringe left) and understand that you are afraid great majority Americans (made up of right and left leaning moderates) will support Obama's thoughtful pragmatic decisions, but you may want to take a good look around and ask yourself, "Am I simply being a hopeless, ideological penis?"

This is thread is good evidence why the GOP is where is today.

It's just SHOCKING that a president could take a second look at a decision, review the evidence and arguments and move in a different direction.

It's more shocking that he made the first decision WITHOUT reviewing the evidence and arguments. It's not that he changed his mind...it's that he maybe shouldn't have made up his mind to begin with. I can't believe you'd think his original commitment was at all appropriate when he was clearly still considering the issue. :flirt:

It's more shocking that he made the first decision WITHOUT reviewing the evidence and arguments. It's not that he changed his mind...it's that he maybe shouldn't have made up his mind to begin with. I can't believe you'd think his original commitment was at all appropriate when he was clearly still considering the issue. :flirt:

Remember: when a conservative changes their mind, it's called irresponsible flip-flopping; when a liberal changes their mind, it's called "being pragmatic."

Does putting 0:) on all your posts mean that you have more sense than everyone else? (Do you use these cute little symbols when you make an oral argument as well?)

If so, why would someone as smart as you say "he made the first decision WITHOUT reviewing the evidence and arguments"? Which is clearly not the case.

Does putting :flirt: on all your posts mean that you have more sense than everyone else? (Do you use these cute little symbols when you make an oral argument as well?)

If so, why would someone as smart as you say "he made the first decision WITHOUT reviewing the evidence and arguments"? Which is clearly not the case.

So he reviewed everything, made a decision, then reviewed everything again and changed his mind based on minunderstanding the everything he reviewed the first time? So you're saying it's not that he didn't review everything, it's just that he didn't understand what he reviewed the first time he reviewed it?

Well, that makes me feel better.

Does putting :flirt: on all your posts mean that you have more sense than everyone else? (Do you use these cute little symbols when you make an oral argument as well?)

Of course he doesn't. That would require him to interact with actual live human beings and not just screen names with avatars (something he hasn't done in at least a decade).

Okay, so he did review everything, made a decision, then RE-reviewed everything and changed his mind.

Or did he not review everything, make a decision, then review everything and change his mind?

No matter how you slice it, in the absence of any new information, his original statement to the effect that he was going to release the photos was either premature or flat-out incorrect by his own admission. Which basically means he's respectively either an idealist, or a flat-out indecisive idiot. There is NO way you can spin this decision-making paradigm into anything other than a bad one.

Of course he doesn't. That would require him to interact with actual live human beings and not just screen names with avatars (something he hasn't done in at least a decade).

I absolutely love the irony of being called a "loser" by someone who's sole purpose in life seems to be following me around calling me a "loser".

I absolutely love the irony of being called a "loser" by someone who's sole purpose in life seems to be following me around calling me a "loser".

"Following you around"? It's impossible to browse this forum without "following you around". Every thread is nothing but a mine field of your contrived opinions and lame quips that even Larry the Cable Guy would shake his head at.

"Following you around"? It's impossible to browse this forum without "following you around". Every thread is nothing but a mine field of your contrived opinions and lame quips that even Larry the Cable Guy would shake his head at.

I humbly apologize, and will endeavor to only express uncontrived opinions from now on, dipshit.

I'm glad we finally agree - Bush and Obama might as well be the same guy. Empty vessels selling visions of being uniters, not dividers, and claiming to transcend partisan Washington politics, all the while backed by ruthlessly effective campaign managers and special interests.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

funny that's not how I recall the quote. :flirt:

All politicians break promises. One man (the POTUS) can't sway all of his party members.

If he did we'd have a dictatorship.

So when Obama is in the headlines, no one can poke fun at him. But when people on the right are in the headlines, it's okay season.

Got it.

Just out of curiosity...does a blind commitment of undying love for Obama still come with a free arm band?

Again, I never said that did I? You need to stop twisting my words to suit your vision.

If Obama !@#$s up he !@#$s up.

Other than peoples "political" ideals, what has he !@#$ed up that the guy before him hasn't?

So he reviewed everything, made a decision, then reviewed everything again and changed his mind based on minunderstanding the everything he reviewed the first time? So you're saying it's not that he didn't review everything, it's just that he didn't understand what he reviewed the first time he reviewed it?

Well, that makes me feel better.

Yes, I suppose your own characterization of events would make you feel better.

It must be confusing for you to have a president who has the capacity to make the right decision based on the information at their disposal. Who knows?, someday you may actually agree with most Americans that that is a pretty good thing to have in a leader.

Okay, so he did review everything, made a decision, then RE-reviewed everything and changed his mind.

Or did he not review everything, make a decision, then review everything and change his mind?

No matter how you slice it, in the absence of any new information, his original statement to the effect that he was going to release the photos was either premature or flat-out incorrect by his own admission. Which basically means he's respectively either an idealist, or a flat-out indecisive idiot. There is NO way you can spin this decision-making paradigm into anything other than a bad one.

Look, it's clear you capable of rational thought, so upon reflection, presenting those two "conclusions" is a bit embarrassing and immature, don't you think?

Isn't it possible (rational) that the apt conclusion is more in line with the facts from what we have seen from Obama as a candidate and a 4-month president, which suggests he is in fact a "realist" and that when presented with more information and discussion (in this case, the evidence seems to suggest that it was national security team took another run) that Obama concluded that the previous decision was not correct and they should move in a different direction.

As someone in and around intense decision-making situations, I see this happen all the time. It's not a character flaw to re-examine the same information and come to a different, and correct, conclusion. Changes in decisions are only "indecisive" or "flip-flopping" when it leads to operational paralysis borne out of confusion, morale issues and structural weakness. Clearly that is not the case here, and in fact, the ultimate decision seems to led to greater clarity, a boost in morale (or at least prevention of decline) and strengthened the country's position on this potentially damaging issue.