Was Rhodes signed because ML is 1 mistake away from a 1 year suspensio

It's conceivable that the Bills would have signe Rhodes without Lynch having gotten himself in trouble. Rodes is a good backup, doesn't have too many miles on him, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Still, the fact that Lynch has two strikes against him in less than a year more or less sealed the deal.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch was suspended 3 games not 4. I think he also only had 10 days from when he got his suspension to appeal. we never heard whether he appealed or not.

Per Tim Graham:

Players have 20 days to notify the league they want to appeal a suspension during the offseason, 10 days during the season. But the appeal happens at a much later date.

I spoke with Lynch's people a while ago, and they said they had notified the league. Now we wait.

That was a big part of it, coupled with the fact that after Lynch and Jackson, our RB depth is non-existent. They also didn't know at the time if Jackson was even going to show up for camp because of the contract issue. They knew they needed someone for the first 3 games either way, Jackson can't handle being the every down back in the NFL.

Oman looked great on film against the Philadelphia school of dentistry...or whoever they were playing.

I feel Lynch is a HUGE story behind the scenes and everyone is trying to stay mum on this.

Too bad Oakland is stacked at RB because they would be ideal. The closest realistic option for Marshawn to land would be Seattle. He wants to be back home and is looking like a more dangerous version of McGahee developing off the field. At least Willis was shy and stayed out of trouble. We aren't talking about little things here.......it sounds like Marshawn is one mistake away from having a life-altering experience from several different angles. The NFL would be #3 on his list of worries from what it looks like.

I hate this because he gives a great effort on the field. He just doesn't understand that off the field he is putting himself in huge danger with his attitude.

I feel Lynch is a HUGE story behind the scenes and everyone is trying to stay mum on this.

Too bad Oakland is stacked at RB because they would be ideal. The closest realistic option for Marshawn to land would be Seattle. He wants to be back home and is looking like a more dangerous version of McGahee developing off the field. At least Willis was shy and stayed out of trouble. We aren't talking about little things here.......it sounds like Marshawn is one mistake away from having a life-altering experience from several different angles. The NFL would be #3 on his list of worries from what it looks like.

I hate this because he gives a great effort on the field. He just doesn't understand that off the field he is putting himself in huge danger with his attitude.

Couple of things here; who are you referring to by "everyone is trying to stay mum..."?? Are you suggesting that the media is trying to cover this up by not talking about it more than they have?? For what purpose?? That makes no sense...

Second, who is talking about trading Lynch?? What source told you he wants to be back home??

Lastly, please list the other 2 things ahead of the NFL in terms of his worries (please don't say God and his Mom, that would be yet another assumption on both accounts. God could be in favor of bearing arms and his Mom could despise white Canadian women :thumbsup: )

He's starring at a ~month off now and hasn't even committed a felony, imagine that.

Yes he's been very lucky. If you want to tell me he wasn't toking up in that car with his buddies, well, seems optimistic.

Drug test failure could happen, it is not at all a reach.

But lets hope not. His mistakes so far have been minor, really. The gun, big deal, and the hit and run victim, well, she WAS fat......

Lynch hasn't failed any drug tests. He could get in trouble again without a 1 year suspension.

How do you know? There was dope in the car, and drug test failures aren't made public until the player gets suspended.

Couple of things here; who are you referring to by "everyone is trying to stay mum..."?? Are you suggesting that the media is trying to cover this up by not talking about it more than they have?? For what purpose?? That makes no sense...

Second, who is talking about trading Lynch?? What source told you he wants to be back home??

Lastly, please list the other 2 things ahead of the NFL in terms of his worries (please don't say God and his Mom, that would be yet another assumption on both accounts. God could be in favor of bearing arms and his Mom could despise white Canadian women :thumbsup: )

Silence on Lynch from the Buffalo media means nothing

the local media is incompetent at reporting anything on the Bills

most stories are not even reported first by the local guys supposedly covering the team.

on Lynch

he is a thug- and a not too bright one a that -

chances are that he will miss more than the 3 games he is currently suspended for.

Unlikely he is on the field for the Bills in 2010.

Per Tim Graham:

Players have 20 days to notify the league they want to appeal a suspension during the offseason, 10 days during the season. But the appeal happens at a much later date.

I spoke with Lynch's people a while ago, and they said they had notified the league. Now we wait.

Good, I'm glad he appealed.

Lastly, please list the other 2 things ahead of the NFL in terms of his worries (please don't say God and his Mom, that would be yet another assumption on both accounts. God could be in favor of bearing arms and his Mom could despise white Canadian women :flirt: )

Lynch is quickly headed to PacMan Jones territory with a sprinkle of Marvin Harrison/Plaxico Burress/Sean Taylor if he doesn't cut the crap. The front office knows this and the question becomes, do they try and move him before this happens or do they get what they can out of him until it happens?

The kid plays hard....it just looks like the respect he has for others on the field doesn't carry over to his social life. You can piss off some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time....but you can't piss off all of the people all of the time or else you will end up tried by 12 or carried by 6.

Lynch is quickly headed to PacMan Jones territory with a sprinkle of Marvin Harrison/Plaxico Burress/Sean Taylor if he doesn't cut the crap. The front office knows this and the question becomes, do they try and move him before this happens or do they get what they can out of him until it happens?

The kid plays hard....it just looks like the respect he has for others on the field doesn't carry over to his social life. You can piss off some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time....but you can't piss off all of the people all of the time or else you will end up tried by 12 or carried by 6.

LOL! Lynch isn't even close to Jones. He's not even as bad as Burress, who took a what Lynch had in his trunk (i.e. an illegal, loaded gun) out in public, and proceeded to shot himself (he is truly lucky that no one else got hurt). Harrison and Taylor don't belong with any of them.

LOL! Lynch isn't even close to Jones. He's not even as bad as Burress, who took a what Lynch had in his trunk (i.e. an illegal, loaded gun) out in public, and proceeded to shot himself (he is truly lucky that no one else got hurt). Harrison and Taylor don't belong with any of them.

I had no info on Hardy....I was just going what was in the media.

Lynch is in real trouble unless he goes into self-lockdown. I don't throw the name Sean Taylor out there lightly as a possible outcome. Lynch needs to shape the F up.

So what everyone is saying is that the bills have their own version of Cheech and Chong who can run the ball?

If Lynch did appeal, oh well. If not, maybe he thought he screwed up and has to do the time.

Lynch is in real trouble unless he goes into self-lockdown. I don't throw the name Sean Taylor out there lightly as a possible outcome. Lynch needs to shape the F up.

The thing with Taylor is that if he didn't get his gun taken away, he'd be alive today. All that he had for protection was a machete, under his bed.

Lynch has been charged with a misdemeanor. What he does with his life is anyone's guess, but I doubt that when thinking about committing a crime in the future, he's thinking more about the suspension than the jailtime.

Are you his therapist? Because you seem to know a lot about Marshawn and his personal life to be throwing around judgments...

On signing Rhodes, it was an insurance against Lynch, but I think it was also a message to Freddie that they hold the cards and can replace him if he doesn't play by their terms. Freddie's one of my favorite players on the team and I thought the bills could have signed him quicker, but they obviously had other priorities. And look, at the end of the day its May....season doesn't start until August and the guy is now locked up. If they didn't sign Rhodes, I think Freddie (and his agent) would of thought they had more bargaining room with ML suspended for three games and no good RB depth on the roster.

Do you think we signed Rhodes because of ML's lack of judgement in his personal life?? He is one more offense away from a year's suspension and if he did something really serious he might even face a ban.

Maybe it's more like Jackson's 4 year signing is due to ML's lack of judgement in his personal life.

I'm not sure, but let me know what your BMW driving buddy has to say about this, K?

I figure it's best to put things in a question form either way now, too much hair for having info shared here.

Are you his therapist? Because you seem to know a lot about Marshawn and his personal life to be throwing around judgments...

On signing Rhodes, it was an insurance against Lynch, but I think it was also a message to Freddie that they hold the cards and can replace him if he doesn't play by their terms. Freddie's one of my favorite players on the team and I thought the bills could have signed him quicker, but they obviously had other priorities. And look, at the end of the day its May....season doesn't start until August and the guy is now locked up. If they didn't sign Rhodes, I think Freddie (and his agent) would of thought they had more bargaining room with ML suspended for three games and no good RB depth on the roster.

Not his therapist.......just have some sources that bridged both the law enforcement and latino communities...that's all.

Sean Taylor, who was shot while trying to defend his home against an attempted robbery? Yeah, good call.

And for those saying the media is ignoring Lynch ... huh? They've written a ton of stories about him. That's what upset him and made him refuse to talk to them for most of last season, remember?