If the Bills Fire Jauron mid season?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k. its no secret that most Bills fans are down on Jauron after his sub par coaching over the last three years. Now the first question I have is at what point do you fire Jauron? I think if they go 1-4 or 2-6 you pull the plug and start over. Now the question is who do you replace him with? Do you hire a guy like Gruden to try and give him time to evaluate the players on the roster or do you promote from within and see who is available during the offseason? If you do that than who do you hire.

Has Ralph ever pulled the trigger in mid-season? I don't recall. Seems maybe he did once, tops (maybe it was Bullough), but if they get off to a weak start, then he needs to pull the trigger to try to salvage the season.

Awful thread. Absolutely awful. The negativity on this board sucks. This isn't the Delta House that I knew.

Instead of speculating on the Bills going 1-4 or 2-6 and firing Jauron, I'm looking forward to the coming season as the one where we finally turn it around. I'm looking forward to the OTAs and training camp, and getting a good look at our draft picks, and free agency acquisitions, and how Trent Edwards looks, and how much the o-line and d-line have improved.

And I'm looking forward to kicking off the preseason with Ralph and Bruce being inducted in the HOF, and our Bills playing in the HOF game. And opening the season by beating NE* on the road in front of a MNF national TV audience - it'll be like Kelly & Company finally beating Miami after losing 20-straight. And I look forward to the Bills riding that euphoria throughout a winning season, and on into the playoffs.

And, BTW - there is only one name to consider as the next Bills head coach...

Mike Leach

:doh:

Has Ralph ever pulled the trigger in mid-season? I don't recall. Seems maybe he did once, tops (maybe it was Bullough), but if they get off to a weak start, then he needs to pull the trigger to try to salvage the season.

He fired Bullough, and brought in Marv Levy...another re-tread!

O.k. its no secret that most Bills fans are down on Jauron after his sub par coaching over the last three years. Now the first question I have is at what point do you fire Jauron? I think if they go 1-4 or 2-6 you pull the plug and start over. Now the question is who do you replace him with? Do you hire a guy like Gruden to try and give him time to evaluate the players on the roster or do you promote from within and see who is available during the offseason? If you do that than who do you hire.

There is abslutley nothing Dick could do to get fired mid season. He is in the beginning of a three year extenstion and will be able to finish out the year and if he finsihes 7-9 yet again he will be retained for contunutiy for another season and Ralph Wilson will be noted as stating that The line was revamped and this team is only a few players away from breaking the bubble which is another way for him to say I am not paying a coach not to coach and he has two more years on the dumb extension I though I got at a real good price on when he was 6-1. :doh:

Jerry Grey

Nothing you said points to Mcnally being the best. If you said he coached a mediocre line to having the best YPR in the NFL. That would be impressive. Transforming one player doesn't qualify him to be the best. Giants, Broncos, Panthers...teams that produce consistantly dominant running games - they have the best O-line coaches.

Our O-line sucked for the same reason our entire team sucks. Jauron, Fewell, Schonert, even the midget trainer. They all suck. And to your last point, they suck because Ralph Wilson wont open his wallet to bring in a top notch coach. We are like non-profits competing in a corporate world.

We pick players that fit into the non-profit football scheme. Im sick of these high character guys and lame ass coaches. You get what you pay for. Top talent draws top money.

Give me some blunt smoking, gun toting gang bangers with speed. I dont care what the players do as long as they win games.

A pretty remarkable career IMO, he was one of the best O line coaches in the NFL

After successful stints at Marshall, Boston College and Wake Forest, Jim was offered the offensive line coaching job with the Cincinnati Bengals, where over 15 years he tutored and mentored the line anchored by Pro Football Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz, who credits much of his success to McNally’s teachings.

After leaving the Bengals he coached the offensive line for the Carolina Panthers, helping the team reach the NFC championship game in only its second year of existence. Later he coached the New York Giants offensive line, helping them to the Super Bowl in 2000. In 2004, the call came to come to Buffalo where after four years Jim concluded his remarkable career coaching the Bills’ offensive line to new successes.

http://www.buffalosportshallfame.com/2008/jim_mcnally.html

Peters was a tight end in college when he signed with the Bills as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2004. He was converted into an offensive lineman the following offseason and started the final nine games of the year at right tackle. Peters then made the switch to the left side in 2006, and earned his first Pro Bowl selection this past year.

He was part of a revamped offensive line that allowed 26 sacks, down from 47 last year, and matched a team record by going three straight games without allowing a sack.

You don't automatically become great after switching from tight end in college to tackle in the NFL, that is absurd. Someone taught him the skills he needed to excel at his position and make the pro bowl, that teacher was Jim McNally. Was it his fault the head coaches and OC's stunk while he was with the Bills?

Awful thread. Absolutely awful. The negativity on this board sucks. This isn't the Delta House that I knew.

Instead of speculating on the Bills going 1-4 or 2-6 and firing Jauron, I'm looking forward to the coming season as the one where we finally turn it around. I'm looking forward to the OTAs and training camp, and getting a good look at our draft picks, and free agency acquisitions, and how Trent Edwards looks, and how much the o-line and d-line have improved.

And I'm looking forward to kicking off the preseason with Ralph and Bruce being inducted in the HOF, and our Bills playing in the HOF game. And opening the season by beating NE* on the road in front of a MNF national TV audience - it'll be like Kelly & Company finally beating Miami after losing 20-straight. And I look forward to the Bills riding that euphoria throughout a winning season, and on into the playoffs.

And, BTW - there is only one name to consider as the next Bills head coach...

Mike Leach

:rolleyes:

You paint quite a pretty picture here. I also HOPE that comes to pass, but I just can't believe it will happen that way.

It's just that the last 10 years or so they haven't done the things that make a successful team. They've been good enough to be just below average and that's what I expect out of them. As whatever higher power you may believe in knows, I hope for the best and will be cheering on my team every step of the way... but when I step back and try to be objective and evaluate them, I'm left with what's in front of me.

Hey can we please stop busting on each other on TBD? This is an awesome sight but the fan attacks are getting out of hand again. Focus on the message not the messenger. Thanks.. Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey can we please stop busting on each other on TBD? This is an awesome sight but the fan attacks are getting out of hand again. Focus on the message not the messenger. Thanks.. Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!

And what exactly is the message in this thread?

"Hey, if we suck this season, what should we do?"

Sorry, but it's an awful thread from the outset.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Bobby Freakin' April :rolleyes:

You paint quite a pretty picture here. I also HOPE that comes to pass, but I just can't believe it will happen that way.

It's just that the last 10 years or so they haven't done the things that make a successful team. They've been good enough to be just below average and that's what I expect out of them. As whatever higher power you may believe in knows, I hope for the best and will be cheering on my team every step of the way... but when I step back and try to be objective and evaluate them, I'm left with what's in front of me.

I don't know why Ralph does not want to try and spend some money on this team. He is 94 if you aren't going to sell the team why not try and put the best product out there. If Jauron tanks I mean like a 1-5 start why not spend some money on a good coach. If Gruden demands like 4 million a year why not give it to him. If that means Ralph takes a smaller profit than why not.

From what I hear he makes around 10 million which is one of the smallest profit margins in the NFL. ( I think only the Lions lose money ) so if you are 94 years old who cares if you make only 5 million or break even. They are pinching pennies when there are so few reason to i mean you can't take it with you. Don't get me wrong I like Ralph but at this point why not just go for it and a good coach is the best place to start turning around a culture of sub par performance.

I'd like to hire Aprile

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/cast/character...ie_aprile.shtml

Itchy Ritchie