Is he really that good?

At the end of the 2000 season Bill Belichick career record was 41 wins and 55 losses that was the last year he did not have Tom Brady as his QB. IMO the best QB of all time. I cannot stand him but he is a pure winner. Romeo, Charlie, and ManGenious all have bombed in there post NE jobs. As it stands right know he is a hall of fame coach. I do not think he is that special he has just got the best toy on the block to play with. He must thank his lucky stars every day for Brady.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the 2000 season Bill Belichick career record was 41 wins and 55 losses that was the last year he did not have Tom Brady as his QB. IMO the best QB of all time. I cannot stand him but he is a pure winner. Romeo, Charlie, and ManGenious all have bombed in there post NE jobs. As it stands right know he is a hall of fame coach. I do not think he is that special he has just got the best toy on the block to play with. He must thank his lucky stars every day for Brady.

... but he won 11 games last year without Brady, so you really can't attribute ALL BB's success to his QB.

I think he is.

This could be a 10 page thread of people going back and forth asking who is responsible for the Pats* success, Brady or Belicheat.

Or the video camera?

he is smart enough to design each week's game plan to exploit his opponent's weaknesses.

in the past the Bills had a weak interior OL - the Pats brought pressure there consistently and destroyed any continuity in the Bills offense

I'm sure they will test the rookies early and often - but will also be mixing in plenty of pressure against our "nimble" LT.

Too bad the gameplan that Bellicheat lays out will be used in the remaining 15 games by everyone else as well.

Who would you rather have as the coach of the Bills: Bellicheat or Jauron?

He is a great coach. I am shocked it is even in question. No likes him but his record speaks for itself.

They didn't think so in Cleveland. Before he learned how to win by cheating at every opportunity, Belicheat compiled a 36-44 record with the Browns, including the 5-11 season that got him fired. It wasn't that long ago that you would see signs at Cleveland games that said "Beavis and Belichick". (His win percentage in 5 seasons with Cleveland is roughly the same as Jauron's 3-year win percentage here.)

He also went 5-11 in his first season with the Cheatriettes*. Presumably, he then discovered that to keep his job he had to win, and that it's much easier to win if you cheat.

I think he is.

This could be a 10 page thread of people going back and forth asking who is responsible for the Pats* success, Brady or Belicheat.

Or the video camera?

its clear its bellicheck, not brady or cassell, etc. BB has a system in place that requires good, smart thinking atheletes that are able to be molded and taught his way, his thinking, his methods. that is WHY he goes for the qb's that he does. he is able to evaluate who can do the things he needs done best. he never asks his players to do osmething they can't do. instead he'll just find someone who can do what he needs. interestingly enough his one weakness has ALWAYS been his secondaries. whether he can't evaluate that talent well or just doesn't have a good scheme his teams have struggled against the pass. i say interestingly because that seems to be the only area of success the bills have had drafting lately is in the secondary (sans ko simpson)...

he is that good. cant stand the guy but maybe the best coach ever.up there with bill walsh and lombardi.

he is that good. cant stand the guy but maybe the best coach ever.up there with bill walsh and lombardi.

How many superbowls did he win without Tom Brady. How many times has he made the playoffs without Tom brady?

But you know it was because of Belichick that brady is playing for the Patriots. He was the one who decided Brady should start and Bledsoe should sit. You can say the same thing for every other great coach had that great player and you could simply say it's the player. Belichick is simply a good smart coach and as much as i hate that it is true.

When done Belichick will be the best head coach ever.

Thing is he may even be a better personnel guy than a HC. And no not just player personnel but management and coaching types as well. The NFL people who got their starts in the NFL courtesy of a Belichick hire read like a who's who of the top people in the game. The Belichick tree is extensive and highly impressive.

He is a HOF CHEATER no doubt. No one has even mentiond how he brings in players to training camp to pick their brains then cuts them. Bill Walsh is only behind Belicheat when it comes to cheating. The 49ers spent on players OVER the salery cap every year & were not punished for it until Eddie D was forced to leave the team & league. People give Walsh much more credit than he deserves. Neither Belicheat or Walsh would have won a single Superbowl without cheating.

He made some coaching mistakes in the superbowl loss to the Giants....

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/buzz/2008/02/...rategic-miscue/

Thing is he may even be a better personnel guy than a HC. And no not just player personnel but management and coaching types as well. The NFL people who got their starts in the NFL courtesy of a Belichick hire read like a who's who of the top people in the game. The Belichick tree is extensive and highly impressive.

Name me one impressive coach from the Belichick tree.

He probably would have won the superbowl against the giants because he would have kicked the field goal instaed of going for a fourth and thirteen.

How many superbowls did TUNA win without Belichick?

Who would you rather have as the coach of the Bills: Bellicheat or Jauron?

But that's his whole point. Now of course, it is easy to look at BB as a great coach. But after Cleveland and his first 2 seasons in NE (5-11 and started 1-3 til Mo Lewis entered), he actually had a worse winning % than Jauron. There was no reason to ever believe at that point, BB was anything special as a head coach.

But the amazing ability of fans is to have the ability of 20/ 20 hindsight and don't actually pay attention to the total picture. BB was worse than Jauron before Brady. It's a fact. But of course, mow people look at his success and think he would have won Super Bowls with Losman and Cade McNown. And that is complete BS and short sighted thinking.