Which sluggers(1970 on) didn't do steroids??

Tcali

..I think thats become the question.

My guess is that Frank Thomas didn't do them. Harmon Killebrew. Johnny Bench. Frank Robinson. Ryan Howard.

uhmmmmmm.............hmmmmm.......Willie McCovey...Hank Aaron...posssibly Jim Thome. I would say Will Clark but he was a borderline slugger.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale Murphy. In fact, this is the perfect climate in which Dale should get the call to the hall. With all these dishonest cheaters ruining the game, let's put one of the best players AND best people into Cooperstown. :censored:

Frank Thomas and Ken Griffey Jr.

Maybe Thome. That's about it.

I really think (and hope) you're wrong. What evidence can you, or anyone else for that matter, possibly have to make you believe that these three guys didn't use, but all of the other home run hitters of the past 40 years have?

Stargell, George Foster, Schmidt, Kingman, Jack Clark, Eddie Murray Cecil Fielder, Strawberry (steriods is probably the only drug he DIDN'T do)

Strawberry a few weeks ago on SNY said if steroids were around when he played he would of done them but they just were not prevalant in baseball at that time.

Every once in awhile I pop in the 86 playoffs/worldseries & it is just amazing to watch it & see how small these guys are. They look like normal average looking people. I bet most of them weighed 170-190.

Strawberry a few weeks ago on SNY said if steroids were around when he played he would of done them but they just were not prevalant in baseball at that time.

Every once in awhile I pop in the 86 playoffs/worldseries & it is just amazing to watch it & see how small these guys are. They look like normal average looking people. I bet most of them weighed 170-190.

I know what you mean Gord, during the winter I watched quite a bit of the MLB network and they had a lot of shows featuring highlights from the 80s and I forgot how "normal" the players looked back then. I remember Bo Jackson with the Royals and Kevin Mitchell with the Mets being the first players I really remember being "cut."

I'll throw Ken Griffey Jr. out there, although at this point nothing would suprise me.

EDIT: And for young players, I will throw Ryan Howard out there.

I have my doubts about JR.

I really think (and hope) you're wrong. What evidence can you, or anyone else for that matter, possibly have to make you believe that these three guys didn't use, but all of the other home run hitters of the past 40 years have?

Griffey's injury history

the big advantage of performance enhancing drugs is the avoidance and quick recovery from injury

that's why these abusers are still putting up huge numbers in their 40s.

you don't think the golden boy Cal Ripkin played that many games in a row without a boost along the way

They need to just open up another wing of the Hall and call it "The Steroid Era" or something, and put all these juicers in there regardless of stats.

Dale Murphy. In fact, this is the perfect climate in which Dale should get the call to the hall. With all these dishonest cheaters ruining the game, let's put one of the best players AND best people into Cooperstown. :oops:

Definitely one of baseballs good guys and it is a shame he is not in the hall. I remember reading an SI article on Murphy back then- and no one would even swear in the clubhouse around Dale. Where have you gone Dale Murphy?

Definitely one of baseballs good guys and it is a shame he is not in the hall. I remember reading an SI article on Murphy back then- and no one would even swear in the clubhouse around Dale. Where have you gone Dale Murphy?

Absolutely. He was my idol growing up. The guy could do it all on the field...very underrated as a CF. Was good in the clutch, loved the game, etc. When he went to the Phillies I was heartbroken! I don't have the same emotional attachment to baseball anymore as I do the NFL, but if the Murph was inducted, I know I'd be tearing up almost as much as when Jimbo went into the HoF.

Inducting Dale would be a great thing for MLB to do, IMO.

Absolutely. He was my idol growing up. The guy could do it all on the field...very underrated as a CF. Was good in the clutch, loved the game, etc. When he went to the Phillies I was heartbroken! I don't have the same emotional attachment to baseball anymore as I do the NFL, but if the Murph was inducted, I know I'd be tearing up almost as much as when Jimbo went into the HoF.

Inducting Dale would be a great thing for MLB to do, IMO.

He really hit the wall quickly though.And at a young age. Maybe it was injuries.Maybe lack of roids.