Could a healthy DiGiorgio

I've always thought DiGiorgio performed good for us. Maybe not ideal size for the middle, but adequate and fast. Could he be an upgrade over Ellison?

No. I don't think so.

Doesn't have the pass drop skills like Ellison for the cover 2. Major requirement for the OLB in this scheme.

He's also coming off ACL surgery and won't be available for the start of OTA's

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...3d-50fa27e5a1f3

Before the injury, it might have been possible. JD was a lot quicker than people gave him credit for. However, the knee injury is going to take a while for him to be back to normal and he may never be quite as fast as he was before.

I thought that two years ago, DiGiorgio should have been moved there full time instead of Ellison. The Bills didn't feel the same, and if they didn't then (before his injury), I don't think they will now.

I thought that two years ago, DiGiorgio should have been moved there full time instead of Ellison. The Bills didn't feel the same, and if they didn't then (before his injury), I don't think they will now.

The flip side is you move Poz outside and stick DiGiorgio in the middle.

Move the slow guy outside and the fast guy inside? <_<

this is the bills we're talking about, so it's quite possible they think that way. The sad part of it is. Neither digorgio nor poz are good in coverage, and nothing was done to address the need for lbs. The front 7 is still the biggest hole on this team. From the dts/ends and lb's all of it could use upgrades and depth yet.

I've always thought DiGiorgio performed good for us. Maybe not ideal size for the middle, but adequate and fast. Could he be an upgrade over Ellison?

no

the pizza boy is not an NFL caliber LB

he is too small and too slow

The fact that he is mentioned as a possible starter proves how bad the Bills LBs are.

no

The fact that he is mentioned as a possible starter proves how bad the Bills LBs are.

6'2 230 is not too small

He has average speed, so he's not too slow.

113 tackles, 2 sacks, an INT and 6 passes defensed as a starter in 07 aren't that bad of numbers for a guy who was essentially a small school rookie.

He's not a big name, but he's a smart LB and did a very good job in 07 and outside of his injury should have pushed Poz for more playing time in 08.

6'2 230 is not too small

He has average speed, so he's not too slow.

113 tackles, 2 sacks, an INT and 6 passes defensed as a starter in 07 aren't that bad of numbers for a guy who was essentially a small school rookie.

He's not a big name, but he's a smart LB and did a very good job in 07 and outside of his injury should have pushed Poz for more playing time in 08.

230 lbs for an NFL LB is too small - as evidenced by the Bills consistent inability to stop the run.

only in Bizarro Bills world do they utilze DB sized players at LB and DE.

For playing at 230 lb, he is too slow. For the weight he is giving up, he needs to make it up with superior speed.

and that average speed you refer to was before he blew out his ACL.

It is questionable whether he would even make another roster in the NFL

Derrick Brooks says, "Hold up, cracka."

Derrick Brooks also says "I got skills"

or maybe that was Tim Hardaway

either way, Brooks has skills and speed to offset his smaller size

Pizza Boy has nothing but a blown out ACL

Derrick Brooks also says "I got skills"

or maybe that was Tim Hardaway

either way, Brooks has skills and speed to offset his smaller size

Pizza Boy has nothing but a blown out ACL

But does he have a million dollars like KO? Skills are overrated, it's all about the dollars.

I have read comments like this here before. Absolutley don't get it. DiGeorgio makes a lot of plays and better than given credit for around here. My hunch is Bowen wins that spot but DiGi plays plenty.

no

I have read comments like this here before. Absolutley don't get it. DiGeorgio makes a lot of plays and better than given credit for around here. My hunch is Bowen wins that spot but DiGi plays plenty.

don't confuse having high tackle stats with "making plays"

pizza boy had a lot of tackles because someone had to fall on the ball carrier several yards downfield.

however, he did not make many plays at the LOS or in the backfield on in coverage for that matter.

he is just another slow, undersized guy accumulating meaningless stats for the delusional fan base to gawk over.