ESPN: Bills signed Levi Jones ??

I like how this has disintegrated into a "who likes Skooby?" thread.

We're you in on the "Vote to ban Skooby" thread ... that lasted a couple hours before the mods deleted it.

Skooby has become a legend in his own mind on this board.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

I think I know where this came from...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4148617

6. Buffalo Bills: The Bills rolled the dice by signing Terrell Owens, but no team had a more glaring need for a second receiving option than the Bills did last year. When teams stopped Marshawn Lynch on the ground and double-teamed Lee Evans, the Bills couldn't do anything on offense. They upgraded the middle of their offensive line with center Geoff Hangartner and rookie guards Eric Wood and Andy Levitre. The final piece could come if they can sign Bengals tackle Levi Jones, who was released Wednesday. Fourth-round choice Shawn Nelson could be the pass-catching tight end. Drayton Florence should help the secondary, and Aaron Maybin was the pass-rusher head coach Dick Jauron had been seeking for more than a year.

So... The link provided by skooby was something created by Clayton - and it appears someone didn't quite read the article - only highlighted all the names in his top 10...

I hope we do sign Jones - it would shore up the o-line. Even if he's not 100%, he's an improvement to what we have.

Ahh...

See, when I was scrolling through the thread, I somehow missed that post entirely! I even checked every page... Doh!

Shoulda known someone else would have seen it too.

Thanks!

lol...why does everyone keep saying "investigating"? Do you really think Skooby combed the internet putting his cursor over every Bills logo to see what came up? lmao...I am sure he just came upon it while reading that article...lmao at investigating...

Yes, I really think that, because he's really just that much of a lame-ass.

UPDATE:

I think I know where this came from...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4148617

6. Buffalo Bills: The Bills rolled the dice by signing Terrell Owens, but no team had a more glaring need for a second receiving option than the Bills did last year. When teams stopped Marshawn Lynch on the ground and double-teamed Lee Evans, the Bills couldn't do anything on offense. They upgraded the middle of their offensive line with center Geoff Hangartner and rookie guards Eric Wood and Andy Levitre. The final piece could come if they can sign Bengals tackle Levi Jones, who was released Wednesday. Fourth-round choice Shawn Nelson could be the pass-catching tight end. Drayton Florence should help the secondary, and Aaron Maybin was the pass-rusher head coach Dick Jauron had been seeking for more than a year.

So... The link provided by skooby was something created by Clayton - and it appears someone didn't quite read the article - only highlighted all the names in his top 10...

I hope we do sign Jones - it would shore up the o-line. Even if he's not 100%, he's an improvement to what we have.

i already posted this late last night

I wasn't in on the "Vote to ban Skooby" thread, but I would have been against the ban. Who else posts as much? It would be a Skooby vs. DC Tom duel and DC Tom is a lot less controversial. What fun is that? We need someone who makes up stuff and drinks a lot. <_< makes for far more interesting banter.

Theory about the Seattle trip and the whole story...Jones' agent floated that hot tip about Seattle just to get NFL teams to think that others are hot for his services. Now that the dust has settled and Seattle says they have ZERO interest, his agent's phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook about his availability. Bills management is playing the waiting game. They are set on living with their current situation, but having Jones in the fold would be a huge plus.

Theory about the Seattle trip and the whole story...Jones' agent floated that hot tip about Seattle just to get NFL teams to think that others are hot for his services. Now that the dust has settled and Seattle says they have ZERO interest, his agent's phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook about his availability. Bills management is playing the waiting game. They are set on living with their current situation, but having Jones in the fold would be a huge plus.

Also, the longer the FO waits, the longer the coaches have to see what D-Bell, Levitre and Wood will bring to the mix.