Super Bowl in London?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/otherspor...-to-London.html

Representatives from the Mayor of London's office and Visit London, the city's official visitor organisation, has received assurances from the NFL that, after two sell-out regular-season games at Wembley Stadium and a third scheduled for Oct 25, there is a commitment to bring the championship game to the capital in 2014.

So why does paragraph 1 say:

The National Football League is ready to take the extraordinary step of awarding the Super Bowl, America's iconic sporting showpiece, to London within the next eight years, Telegraph Sport understands.

Even Jason Peters fans can add 8 + 2009 and get a number bigger than 2014.

So why does paragraph 1 say:

Even Jason Peters fans can add 8 + 2009 and get a number bigger than 2014.

Wow, it's hard to look more foolish than that. Thank God it's on the Internet!

The only inkling of a remotely plausable idea would have been if NFL Europe still existed. Then the NFL would have moved a bit closer to a world championship, through a North American/European game.

I just can't get around the idea of Lymie Bowl I, but Goodell seems bent on an international audience. Maybe we'll get 'lucky' with the Mahan calendar being right and it's all over for the planet as we know it on Dec. 21, 2012.

it woul dmake for a much earlier start I cant see a kickoff at midnight in london. I just dont see it happening the time zone issues alone make it insane. You either play way late at night in london and way to early on west coast

I think this is the one of the top reasons it probably won't happen. The 1:00 games being played there are night games for them. With the networks' yen for everything in prime time these days, I really don't think Fox/CBS/NBC will want a 10:00am PST Superbowl.

The logistics of doing this would be a nightmare - imagine all of the corporations that wouldn't buy tickets (if they could, of course) because they can't send people overseas to watch the game, not to mention the fans who would get tickets that won't go, or the locals who don't care.

The only inkling of a remotely plausable idea would have been if NFL Europe still existed. Then the NFL would have moved a bit closer to a world championship, through a North American/European game.

We used to have our own championship game named the World Bowl (NFL Europe used to be WLAF which featured 3 european teams, 6 american teams and 1 canadian team with 70-80% of the players going back or landing teams into the NFL after the WLAF folded). NFL Europe was terminated in favor of the stupid atmosphereless NFL International series. Yes it still fugging upsets me.

For the record NFL Europe was costing the league financially exactly the same amount as Roger Goodell his yearly salary (without his bonusses).

Ow and before you comment about there not being enough fans:

(and yes noise levels were often above college levels; we were fanatic and serious about supporting our team as 12th man).

Edit: !@#$ you all for even mentioning NFL Europe this is what I miss:

and this
and this
and this
and this
also that clown of a Goodell didnt even have to guts to shown up and tell us himself. To all the guys worried about relocating to Toronto... I hope you never have to experience the complete closure of a league instead of the dreaded move.