Whos our 3rd receiver?

Hello everyone,

I ve been thinking with evans and owens starting, who will be out slot or 3rd receiver? Personally, im hoping its Josh Reed, Trent seems comfortable going to him and hes become a reliable target. When will Hardy be ready to go? Week 4? I think we already know what 6 receivers make the roster...Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson (unless Parrish gets traded or cut).

Thoughts?

Andrew

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed will definately be the 3rd(slot) reciever, he was trents favorite last year, the next question is, who's gonna be the 4th if they go to 4 or 5 wide, parrish or johnson?, or nelson??

Hardy, Johnson or Parrish. Interesting to see which one emerges.

I agree, I think reed is very underrated especially in the eyes of the fans. He's got attitude, you always see him blocking downfield and getting in pushing matches with the other team.

Andrew

Reed is a very solid 3 receiver. Short, stocky,great hands and a solid blocker.

Hello everyone,

I ve been thinking with evans and owens starting, who will be out slot or 3rd receiver? Personally, im hoping its Josh Reed, Trent seems comfortable going to him and hes become a reliable target. When will Hardy be ready to go? Week 4? I think we already know what 6 receivers make the roster...Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson (unless Parrish gets traded or cut).

Thoughts?

Andrew

Hardy really needs to come out strong this year. He looked very wimpy several times last year.

Hardy, Johnson or Parrish. Interesting to see which one emerges.

I think Johnson gets the nod due to Hardy's injury but after Hardy comes back it will be up to Stevie to hold on and prove he belongs there. If that goes well I believe he will be T.O's replacement next year.

wow..if you guys only knew how opposite these posts sound towards Reed than what used to be said like 2 years ago..I think 80% of TBD wanted Reed gone...anyways, I'm going to say that I'm about 90% sure that Reed will be the 3rd WR...and that Johnson will be the 4th...both out-performed Hardy and Parrish last season...I actually think the WR roster will be:

Evans, T.O.. Reed, Johnson, Hardy, Parrish

when you have a #1 and #2 duo like Evans and T.O. , I really don't think there's a clear #1 and #2...both should be on the feild a lot and maybe call them 1a and 1b

wow..if you guys only knew how opposite these posts sound towards Reed than what used to be said like 2 years ago..I think 80% of TBD wanted Reed gone...anyways, I'm going to say that I'm about 90% sure that Reed will be the 3rd WR...and that Johnson will be the 4th...both out-performed Hardy and Parrish last season...I actually think the WR roster will be:

Evans, T.O.. Reed, Johnson, Hardy, Parrish

when you have a #1 and #2 duo like Evans and T.O. , I really don't think there's a clear #1 and #2...both should be on the feild a lot and maybe call them 1a and 1b

I agree, this board hated Reed 2-3 years ago. I've always been a supporter however, I like the kids style.

Baring injury, I think Josh is a lock to be the #3/Slot WR, opening day. If Roscoe is still a Bill (I hope he is), I would also use him in the slot, or in 4-wide situations.

Johnson should see time at any/all of the WR positions. Hardy (assuming he is healthy) will be most useful as a red zone threat, so that's where he will see most of his time early in the season, I'm guessing. But, hopefully he will be worked into the rotation as the year progresses.

I think Reed will easily start the season at #3 and should flourish if Trent gets protection and Owens does what he is supposed to do. We may, however, use a lot of two TE sets, which I hope we don't.

But I also think we will use a lot of different packages, sprinkling Roscoe and Steve Johnson and Hardy in in place of Reed or the TE, and try to create match-up problems depending on who were are playing and what their strengths in the passing game are. Hardy will probably start off as the #6 Wr because he's not supposed to be able to play in games until the last pre-season game. But I expect us to use him more and more as the season goes on.

By the middle of the season I expect our 3-4-5-6 to be pretty interchangeable although Reed will still get the most playing time, and if he is productive will continue to. We have a lot of weapons though. We need a second TE, IMO.

Reed will be a monster with Owens here. He's already been one of our most clutch WR's over the last 2 years.

I agree. Reed is a much better slot receiver than he is a #2. His tanacious blocking on run plays is also a plus. Also don't forget you can almost play Nelson as a third or 4th WR.

Man I'd really like to see Hardy make his way up from 4th or 5th on the depth chart by the end of this year. But with Josh's reliability and Stevie Johnson's emergence, I have a tough time seeing Hardy moving up the depth chart drastically this year, especially since hes coming off a serious injury.

I think Johnson gets the nod due to Hardy's injury but after Hardy comes back it will be up to Stevie to hold on and prove he belongs there. If that goes well I believe he will be T.O's replacement next year.

Johson , will be a beast this season he will either be the 3 or 4th receiver.

Hello everyone,

Thoughts?

Andrew

Reed.

Man I'd really like to see Hardy make his way up from 4th or 5th on the depth chart by the end of this year. But with Josh's reliability and Stevie Johnson's emergence, I have a tough time seeing Hardy moving up the depth chart drastically this year, especially since hes coming off a serious injury.

The best thing that could happen to Hardy and Johnson, IMO, is to have TO here for one season. There won't be much pressure on them to produce in numbers, they will be like little kids following him around and watching everything he does, which on the practice field and in the weight room and in the games will probably be great for them. And then when he leaves after this season (although that's not a given) they will be third year pros and ready to take the next step.

Hardy and Johnson are very different receivers, but I bet that all of the Bills coaches thought that Johnson was already a more polished WR than Hardy was before they even showed up at rookie camp. Johnson progressed a little faster than expected and Hardy a little slower, but it wasnt a surprise that Steve was a more polished route runner before the draft.

Reed is a very solid 3 receiver. Short, stocky,great hands and a solid blocker.

Also a great "feel" for finding soft spots in zone coverage and ability to get separation on short/medium patterns.

Hardy really needs to come out strong this year. He looked very wimpy several times last year.

They are saying he's ahead of schedule but the prognosis is the same. He should be cleared for football drills about the first week of preseason. Nice having Owens. Hardy might be a late bloomer and T.O. buys Hardy one more year of development, if he needs it.

Something Im really excited to see is how Nelson can stretch the middle of the field. I will love to see Evans run an out, Owens right short over the middle, and Nelson have a linebacker try to come him going deep over the middle. I like what the FO has done to help Trent n co against the 3-4, picked up a potentially monster WR in Owens that removes 8 in the box for Lynch and constantly commands double teams, and added a TE that will really stretch the field and open up the middle. nelson and Owens also have the ability to go up and get balls if Trent is in trouble.

Go Bills

Andrew