Whos our 3rd receiver?

It has to be Reed, he is fit for that role much more than the #2 they have been trying to make him be. He comes up with the clutch 3rd down catches and gets the YAC like a #3 does. He doesn't really have the size or speed to be a #2.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed will be a monster with Owens here. He's already been one of our most clutch WR's over the last 2 years.

Unless the Bills start throwing the ball a LOT more than in recent seasons, Evans and Owens will see the majority of the throws. Reed will be a good 3rd down WR just like in the past and Nelson will have 30-40 catches at most.

I admit that I haven't been a fan of Reed throughout his tenure here. I also freely admit he's been our go to guy for the last 2 years. He's a courageous player, a good blocker and has developed good hands. Still, he strikes no fear in our opponents and being the second best receiver on this team for a few years doesn't mean he's great or would start on another team -Trent's favorite option notwithstanding.

IMO, now that we have a legit threat in T.O. opposite Evans, Steve Johnson showed the skill set to be the most dangerous 3rd option. Ala Cincy with Chad, Housh and Chris Henry, the Bills would become scary good with 3 playmakers terrorizing db's. Toss in RB & TE options and somebody's gonna be wide open everytime! We've seen the best Reed can offer. It ain't bad but it's nothing great and he shouldn't be counted on to regain the starting position in 2010 if T.O. is just a one year thing. Hand it over to Steve Johnson. I've got a great feeling about this guy. JMO.

I think Reed will easily start the season at #3 and should flourish if Trent gets protection and Owens does what he is supposed to do. We may, however, use a lot of two TE sets, which I hope we don't.

But I also think we will use a lot of different packages, sprinkling Roscoe and Steve Johnson and Hardy in in place of Reed or the TE, and try to create match-up problems depending on who were are playing and what their strengths in the passing game are. Hardy will probably start off as the #6 Wr because he's not supposed to be able to play in games until the last pre-season game. But I expect us to use him more and more as the season goes on.

By the middle of the season I expect our 3-4-5-6 to be pretty interchangeable although Reed will still get the most playing time, and if he is productive will continue to. We have a lot of weapons though. We need a second TE, IMO.

One TE will permanently affixed to Walkers hip to try to slow down the speed rushers

any TE pass plays will require a 2nd TE in the game to run the seam.

Hardy's role as the tall WR will be taken over by Nelson since he can do more than just be tall.