Looks like the Patriots found themselves a diamond in

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how many players without College experience are on the Pats* roster? How many are regular contributors?

Off the top of my head I can only think of stephen neal but he's been our starting right guard for 5 or 6 years. He never played football in college he actually beat Brock Lesner for the NCAA national championship in greco-roman wrestling.

When you cheat, it's a lot easier to make trades where you steal players. That was a total scumbag move by the Patriots. The Pats put together a poison pill offer sheet for Welker (like if he played five games in the state of Florida he would make 10 million extra), then when The Dolphins knew they would lose him for nothing by not being able to match the offer, they decided to trade him for a 2nd and a 7th. If you think that is cool, then yeah the Pats front office did a great job getting him. I think it's pathetic.

Pathetic? your jealousy makes me laugh. You WISH you could have gotten Welker, you WISH Ralph had offered anything better than a 4th rounder to get Moss. How is trading "stealing" did Bob Kraft put a gun to Al Davis' head?

Pathetic? your jealousy makes me laugh. You WISH you could have gotten Welker, you WISH Ralph had offered anything better than a 4th rounder to get Moss. How is trading "stealing" did Bob Kraft put a gun to Al Davis' head?

uppauass

Most Common = Not just 1 team. And he's actually a Vikings apologist, not Pats. It's so funny, you guys want so bad to believe something, when a nationally respected journalist disputes your beliefs, he's wrong and you're right. By the way, now 4-0 against the Bills since Spygate.

Basic English dictates that your starting equation is clearly invalid. If only one team is doing it, and that is the method they use, it is the "most common." Even if that one team used multiple means to cheat, but that method was preferred, that would mean most common. Perhaps your head can't grasp the concepts of vagueness and ambiguity. And just to clarify, the Pats* are 3-0 against us since spy gate, considering that one of those first nine games of last season was played before their cheater tapes were taken and destroyed in Week Ten. Who knows, they could still be cheating, just with a more sophisticated system. See that's the problem with cheaters. Once your caught, people always have a right to go on suspecting. By the way, just because a nationally respected journalist has an opinion doesn't mean that his opinion is correct. Nationally syndicated journalists write opinion pieces in newspapers everyday. Just take a look at the Wall Street Journal, if you know what that is, and you'll find lots of smart journalists spouting all kinds of opinions. That doesn't mean their right. What we do know is that your beloved Cheatriots got caught red-handed. They cheated. Period. There's no excuse for it. Just because you claim others cheated doesn't make your cheating right. Lemmings jump off cliffs and kill themselves because the other lemmings around them are doing it. Are you a lemming too?

Basic English dictates that your starting equation is clearly invalid. If only one team is doing it, and that is the method they use, it is the "most common." Even if that one team used multiple means to cheat, but that method was preferred, that would mean most common. Perhaps your head can't grasp the concepts of vagueness and ambiguity. And just to clarify, the Pats* are 3-0 against us since spy gate, considering that one of those first nine games of last season was played before their cheater tapes were taken and destroyed in Week Ten. Who knows, they could still be cheating, just with a more sophisticated system. See that's the problem with cheaters. Once your caught, people always have a right to go on suspecting. By the way, just because a nationally respected journalist has an opinion doesn't mean that his opinion is correct. Nationally syndicated journalists write opinion pieces in newspapers everyday. Just take a look at the Wall Street Journal, if you know what that is, and you'll find lots of smart journalists spouting all kinds of opinions. That doesn't mean their right. What we do know is that your beloved Cheatriots got caught red-handed. They cheated. Period. There's no excuse for it. Just because you claim others cheated doesn't make your cheating right. Lemmings jump off cliffs and kill themselves because the other lemmings around them are doing it. Are you a lemming too?
haha dude your team sucks you just need spygate to be your "wooby" like a todler with their blanket, don't worry when the bills get trounced for the 12th and 13th times in a row next year you have your wooby there to make it all better "lousy cheaters" you'll say but deep down you'll just know your team sucks and ours is the best of the decade.

haha dude your team sucks you just need spygate to be your "wooby" like a todler with their blanket, don't worry when the bills get trounced for the 12th and 13th times in a row next year you have your wooby there to make it all better "lousy cheaters" you'll say but deep down you'll just know your team sucks and ours is the best of the decade.

Your team cheated bud, and most think their SB's are tainted. It's little different from OJ being found not guilty of murder, but everyone knowing he did it. Sorry.

Yeah. I can see how you, as an obvious Pats* apologist would come to that conclusion. See, unlike you, I can acknowledge that just in terms of talent, the Pats* have had our number for a significant number of years. We have not played well against you and that has shown, though last year when BB wasn't cheating (theorhetically) the scores were a lot closer. That being said, I can at least admit my teams failings. Obviously, you can't. You clearly don't have an educated response to my post. Why don't you crawl back to a message board filled with Pats* fans where you can all continue justifying your behavior and acting like no one on your team did anything wrong. :devil:

haha dude-good one-you really got us with that one

now STFU, go back to your tom brady shrine you built in your bedroom, and just keep jerkin' off in your gym sock to your life-sized brady poster while slobbering over your anatomically correct brady blow-up doll :devil:

It's common knowledge that Moss would only rework his deal for the Pats*, hence the Pats* were the only ones who could have made that trade. IIRC, his salary went from something like $8-9 million a year to $3 million. I'm surprised that I, a Bills fan, remember this, but you a Pats* fan do not. Actually, I'm not surprised, since Pats* fans seem to mysteriously blank out on the all the scumbaggy things their team does generally (see numerous examples above, plus others like running up the score in 2008 and then, when karma bit them squarely in the jewels in the Super Bowl, Bill "Good Sport" Belicheat running off the field early before the game was over, I honestly suspect so no one would see him break down in tears after the game, like more than a few Cheatah* fans I'm sure :thumbsup: ). Moss bitched and non-hustled his way off the Raiders to the Pats*' benefit. As noted above, one of the benefits of winning by cheating was getting players to come at below market rates. We'll see how much longer that lasts now that the Lombardi's have stopped, and, in my opinion, ain't coming back any time soon.....

It's common knowledge that Moss would only rework his deal for the Pats*, hence the Pats* were the only ones who could have made that trade. IIRC, his salary went from something like $8-9 million a year to $3 million. I'm surprised that I, a Bills fan, remember this, but you a Pats* fan do not. Actually, I'm not surprised, since Pats* fans seem to mysteriously blank out on the all the scumbaggy things their team does generally (see numerous examples above, plus others like running up the score in 2008 and then, when karma bit them squarely in the jewels in the Super Bowl, Bill "Good Sport" Belicheat running off the field early before the game was over, I honestly suspect so no one would see him break down in tears after the game, like more than a few Cheatah* fans I'm sure :thumbsup: ). Moss bitched and non-hustled his way off the Raiders to the Pats*' benefit. As noted above, one of the benefits of winning by cheating was getting players to come at below market rates. We'll see how much longer that lasts now that the Lombardi's have stopped, and, in my opinion, ain't coming back any time soon.....

Nicely stated. Don't look now but I think the trolls have gone back to hiding under their Pats*-poster-plastered bridge.

Cute. Citing a letter from a Pats* fan with a link to one SI columnists opinion page. That's not proof that other teams did it. That's a Pats* fan trying to justify his team getting caught with more of the same speculation you got called out on. And by the way, most common doesn't necessarily mean that more than one team did it. It could also mean that was the preferred method used by the team that got caught. See the words "most common" in and of themselves are vague AND ambiguous, particularly when used without context. See paying attention in basic english courses or in logical reasoning would have taught you that set of reading comprehension skills. We asked you to cite more specific examples. You gave us more assumptions and fluff from a letter clearly written by a BB apologist. Thank you, come again.

This article (see the link) came out BEFORE Spygate and states this is the MOST COMMON type of cheating in the NFL, not just by the Patriots. Like I said in a previous post, Jimmy Johnson said that was all being done the same way when he broke into the league. If the Pats were the only team doing it, why was there no outcry when this report came out?

As for a later post claiming Pats fans don't see there teams faults, I'm a realist and do. This year, the Pats soft spot could be one of the outside LB positions, but short of that, this years team does not have any obvious shortcomings. This year's team is stacked on paper at nearly every other position, but a single injury can obviously change that.

Moss was traded for fair and square. That was a great trade by The Patriots. Welker, however, was stolen by preparing a poison pill offer that the Dolphins couldn't match, the Dolphins didnt want to lose him for nothing, so they made the trade for the 2nd and 7th. That's stealing. It's only been done a couple times in a couple decades because everyone knows it's cheating the system and extortion.

Moss was traded for fair and square. That was a great trade by The Patriots. Welker, however, was stolen by preparing a poison pill offer that the Dolphins couldn't match, the Dolphins didnt want to lose him for nothing, so they made the trade for the 2nd and 7th. That's stealing. It's only been done a couple times in a couple decades because everyone knows it's cheating the system and extortion.

Actually, they did not use the Poison Pill clause, but no point in using facts to back your argument. Here is an exerpt from the Globe about the trade for Welker.

By that point, the only question was how to finalize the process. The Patriots were prepared to sign Welker to an offer sheet that included a "poison pill" that would make it difficult for the Dolphins to match. Yet in hopes of avoiding the bad blood that sometimes can accompany offer sheets - the Seahawks and Vikings recently engaged in a nasty back and forth with offensive lineman Steve Hutchinson and receiver Nate Burleson exchanging teams via offer sheets - the Patriots instead called the Dolphins and proposed a trade.

The Dolphins were amenable, shipping Welker to the Patriots for second- and seventh-round draft choices. The Dolphins used the second-rounder (60th overall) to select Hawaii center Samson Satele, who has started all six games this season. The seventh-round pick (238th overall) yielded Abraham Wright, a linebacker from Colorado who has been inactive for every game

This article (see the link) came out BEFORE Spygate and states this is the MOST COMMON type of cheating in the NFL, not just by the Patriots. Like I said in a previous post, Jimmy Johnson said that was all being done the same way when he broke into the league. If the Pats were the only team doing it, why was there no outcry when this report came out?

As for a later post claiming Pats fans don't see there teams faults, I'm a realist and do. This year, the Pats soft spot could be one of the outside LB positions, but short of that, this years team does not have any obvious shortcomings. This year's team is stacked on paper at nearly every other position, but a single injury can obviously change that.

What Jimmy Johnson said is hearsay and irrelevant. Plus, provide a link to the actual statement. Even if he was doing it, that didn't make it right. You, apparently are a believer that the Lemming theory is an ethically viable one. The fact is, a lot of teams, including the Rams and Eagles who were cheated on in SB games did complain when they found out. Other teams have complained as well, including GB, Detroit and, yes, the Bills. The fact is, the only team they were able to catch doing it was the Patriots. That's fact. They cheated. Nothing makes that better or worse. Your team cheated to win games. That hurts the sport, it hurts the integrity of the game, your team, and it should make members of their fan base sick. I haven't seen that. Just more of the Lemming philosophy.

You also didn't respond to my point. If the Patriots were the only ones doing it, and you have no proof other than hearsay that they weren't, then it would be the most common type of cheating. Who knows, maybe the Pats* were cheating in more than one way, and the league never discovered it. That would still make it the most common way, because they used it predominantly. The fact is, no Pats* fan can show any factual proof, other than one articles' supposition that other teams have cheated, then using lack of outcry based on that one article as proof. That's not proof. That's an unsubstantiated inference based on another unsubstantiated inference. You have nothing to show that anyone else in the league was doing this. The league investigated it. You were found guilty by the league and were (in my opinion inadequately) punished for it. Time to move on.

As for the Cheatriots' team this year, yes you are getting Brady back, but your D is much older and getting slower. Not just at LB either. The Golden Boy will be able to do his thing on offense, but your D is weak everywhere. You will not be winning 12-14 games this year. I see 10-6 or 9-7 and another year without the playoffs. Still good, but just not good enough.

What Jimmy Johnson said is hearsay and irrelevant. Plus, provide a link to the actual statement. Even if he was doing it, that didn't make it right. You, apparently are a believer that the Lemming theory is an ethically viable one. The fact is, a lot of teams, including the Rams and Eagles who were cheated on in SB games did complain when they found out. Other teams have complained as well, including GB, Detroit and, yes, the Bills. The fact is, the only team they were able to catch doing it was the Patriots. That's fact. They cheated. Nothing makes that better or worse. Your team cheated to win games. That hurts the sport, it hurts the integrity of the game, your team, and it should make members of their fan base sick. I haven't seen that. Just more of the Lemming philosophy.

You also didn't respond to my point. If the Patriots were the only ones doing it, and you have no proof other than hearsay that they weren't, then it would be the most common type of cheating. Who knows, maybe the Pats* were cheating in more than one way, and the league never discovered it. That would still make it the most common way, because they used it predominantly. The fact is, no Pats* fan can show any factual proof, other than one articles' supposition that other teams have cheated, then using lack of outcry based on that one article as proof. That's not proof. That's an unsubstantiated inference based on another unsubstantiated inference. You have nothing to show that anyone else in the league was doing this. The league investigated it. You were found guilty by the league and were (in my opinion inadequately) punished for it. Time to move on.

As for the Cheatriots' team this year, yes you are getting Brady back, but your D is much older and getting slower. Not just at LB either. The Golden Boy will be able to do his thing on offense, but your D is weak everywhere. You will not be winning 12-14 games this year. I see 10-6 or 9-7 and another year without the playoffs. Still good, but just not good enough.

The Pats have moved on (4-0 since this broke against your beloved Bills). As for a link, here you go.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.ph...20078.msg415556

Your wishful thinking clouds any objective analysis. The Pats D is actually getting younger and faster. The only players on their D that would be considered old for their positions are Tedy and SPrings. These guys will not be expected to be every down guys any more. In the last few years, the Pats have focused on getting younger and faster. Guyton and Mayo were the 2 fastest LBs at the combine last year. Thomas is considered a very fast LB. Wheatley and Wilhite were two of the fastest CBs in last years draft, and Butler was the fastest at this years combine.

D is weak everywhere? The D line is among the best in football. They have the returning Def ROY. Also, you may want to check Meriweather's stats vs Top 10 Whitner from last year. He's a lot more of a play maker than WHitner has been in any year of his career so far. But who lets actual truths get in the way?