Looks like the Patriots found themselves a diamond in

Do you mean the 07 draft where they got Welker for a 2nd and Moss for a 4th? Yes, I can say with a straight face that worked out pretty well for them.

When you cheat, it's a lot easier to make trades where you steal players. That was a total scumbag move by the Patriots. The Pats put together a poison pill offer sheet for Welker (like if he played five games in the state of Florida he would make 10 million extra), then when The Dolphins knew they would lose him for nothing by not being able to match the offer, they decided to trade him for a 2nd and a 7th. If you think that is cool, then yeah the Pats front office did a great job getting him. I think it's pathetic.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right dude. The Bills Front Office and Talent Evaluators blow the Pats away (if you can say that with a straight face, you're an idiot). That is why Buffalo is such a talented football team. Just because the Bills draft guys that make their starting lineup doesn't mean thy have great drafts, it means the Bills lack talent. For example, was K Ellison a great draft pick because he starts for the Bills? No, he wouldn't even make the Pats roster. Same for Kyle Williams,McCargo and Simpson. How you can defend a Front Office that passes on Ngata for Donte frickin Whitner is beyond me.

Way to change the subject, dude. We weren't talking about the Bills drafts--we were talking 'bout the "mighty Patriots"* and their last few "mighty drafts", drafts that really garnered them no one but Mayo, IMHO. They're living on their drafts from earlier this decade (you know, the decade I'm sure you started following them--probably a Cowboys fan before 2001) and Bob Kraft's wallet (which I suspect may be shrinking by the day, since his other business is a paper company (think Dunder Mifflin) in an increasingly electronic age and since Patriot Place is a bust in this down economy).

Say what you will about our drafts since 2006, but I'd take ours over yours any day of the week, and I'm not saying that as a Bills homer, just looking at the players themselves.

A few more drafts like the last few and with Brady and Moss each being 32 and I'd say you guys should be levelling out at 8-8 in within two to three years. Maybe that's why Bob really wants to go uncapped next year, so that he can continue to buy the talent he can't seem to draft any more.....

PS As for Ngata, I wanted the Bills to draft him way back when (he or Bunkley), but since he went mid first round, I'd guess that means that half the league passed on him, too, no?

You want to talk about mighty drafts--how about the Colts a couple years ago having NO ONE in their starting line up who had ever played for another team. That's talent evaluation.....

Way to change the subject, dude. We weren't talking about the Bills drafts--we were talking 'bout the "mighty Patriots"* and their last few "mighty drafts", drafts that really garnered them no one but Mayo, IMHO. They're living on their drafts from earlier this decade (you know, the decade I'm sure you started following them--probably a Cowboys fan before 2001) and Bob Kraft's wallet (which I suspect may be shrinking by the day, since his other business is a paper company (think Dunder Mifflin) in an increasingly electronic age and since Patriot Place is a bust in this down economy).

Say what you will about our drafts since 2006, but I'd take ours over yours any day of the week, and I'm not saying that as a Bills homer, just looking at the players themselves.

A few more drafts like the last few and with Brady and Moss each being 32 and I'd say you guys should be levelling out at 8-8 in within two to three years. Maybe that's why Bob really wants to go uncapped next year, so that he can continue to buy the talent he can't seem to draft any more.....

PS As for Ngata, I wanted the Bills to draft him way back when (he or Bunkley), but since he went mid first round, I'd guess that means that half the league passed on him, too, no?

The Patriots do not believe great teams are built through the draft. They use the draft to supplement the proven vets they have on their team, and the free agents they bring in. If the draft is your primary method for building your team, your team's chances for success are greatly minimized. The Bills are a tremendous example of this. All of these "great" drafts have lead to a team that is a middle of the road team year after year with minimal talent. You can have your belief that the Bills had better drafts, but the fact is the Patriots are a much deeper and more talented team than the Bills.

The Patriots do not believe great teams are built through the draft. They use the draft to supplement the proven vets they have on their team, and the free agents they bring in. If the draft is your primary method for building your team, your team's chances for success are greatly minimized. The Bills are a tremendous example of this. All of these "great" drafts have lead to a team that is a middle of the road team year after year with minimal talent. You can have your belief that the Bills had better drafts, but the fact is the Patriots are a much deeper and more talented team than the Bills.

There's no one way to build a team.

I believe the Pittsburgh Steelers rely more heavily on the draft and less heavily on free agency than the majority of teams.

The Patriots do not believe great teams are built through the draft. They use the draft to supplement the proven vets they have on their team, and the free agents they bring in. If the draft is your primary method for building your team, your team's chances for success are greatly minimized.

So the Patriots intentionally draft guys who they hope will be back-ups instead of starters?

Last year it was LB Jerod Mayo and now this year it's Patrick Chung. I loathe the Patriots but begrudgingly I have to respect them. It's mostly that Belichick, I can't stand him but boy I wish he was our coach.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...m_chung/?page=1

He's another interesting piece of data I ran across. These Patriots seem to have a tendency to sign players who never even have played college football. If that's not a good indication of good coaching/system then I don't know what is! I thought we did a fantastic job in developing OT Jason Peters but these guys are taking them right out of the junkpile.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/43803877.html

LMAO...you just compared him to Mayo before he has ever played a down...and FYI: I will take Byrd over him as a Safety prospect, and we got Byrd

LMAO...you just compared him to Mayo before he has ever played a down...and FYI: I will take Byrd over him as a Safety prospect, and we got Byrd

Byrd over Chung??????? You completely make yourself look like a moron homer with a comment like that. Byrd doesn't hit, is extremely slow and wasn't half the player Chung was at Oregon.

Byrd over Chung??????? You completely make yourself look like a moron homer with a comment like that. Byrd doesn't hit, is extremely slow and wasn't half the player Chung was at Oregon.

Byrd isn't a big hitter, but he is an excellent tackler. Big hits are overrated. They are nice when they result in a turnover, but too often result in a missed tackle, or worse, in an injury to one of your own players. Give me a solid tackler, anytime.

But, I think you missed the biggest issue (which doesn't surprise me based on your other posts). Chung is likely to be a Strong Safety and Byrd a Free Safety.

Byrd isn't a big hitter, but he is an excellent tackler. Big hits are overrated. They are nice when they result in a turnover, but too often result in a missed tackle, or worse, in an injury to one of your own players. Give me a solid tackler, anytime.

But, I think you missed the biggest issue (which doesn't surprise me based on your other posts). Chung is likely to be a Strong Safety and Byrd a Free Safety.

A slow Free Safety paired with a Strong Safety that doesn't make any plays. Combine that with no pass rush and the worst O Line in football and the Bills should challenge for the AFC East title this year. Any one want to take an over/under on the Bills draft position next year. We'll set it at 7.

A slow Free Safety paired with a Strong Safety that doesn't make any plays. Combine that with no pass rush and the worst O Line in football and the Bills should challenge for the AFC East title this year. Any one want to take an over/under on the Bills draft position next year. We'll set it at 7.

I notice you changed the subject pretty damn quick, instead of admitting you don't know the difference between a FS and a SS.

Not that I expected anything more from you, Pats*fan...er "afcfan".

What a loser.

I notice you changed the subject pretty damn quick, instead of admitting you don't know the difference between a FS and a SS.

What a loser.

Pats* Fan Since 2001 and D*mn Proud of it, I'm sure. I swear, I've never seen a bigger group of smug *ssholes in my life. It's going to be fun watching them tank one of these years. Wait a second, it's BEEN fun watching them tank since that Giant Super Bowl! Worst choke job EVER! This past season was a lot fun, too, being a "dynasty" and all, but still not making the playoffs.

Changing the subject is the only thing he's an expert at, since he keeps doing it every time he gets smacked around here.....

What a loser.

I'm actually very clear on the difference between a FS and a SS (and actually in the "Tampa 2", there's not much of one). Currently the Bills have a top 10 pick at SS that makes zero impact and couldn't cover you. Now you put cement footed Byrd in at FS and the Bills should have a great time defending the deep ball. No worries though, because teams won't have the time to drop back and chuck it deep against the Bills with their beastly pass rush.

Any takers on the O/U on the Bills picking at 7??? Terrible OL and DL....I'll take the under.

I'm actually very clear on the difference between a FS and a SS

Really? Because you compared Chung to Byrd as if they played the same position. You also seem to think that Byrd's lack or top CB speed means he will be too slow to play FS in the T2.

I really don't think you understand it, at all.

BTW, Chung is also slow, and not a guy you want to have covering anyone but the slowest TE.

Pats* Fan Since 2001 and D*mn Proud of it, I'm sure. I swear, I've never seen a bigger group of smug *ssholes in my life. It's going to be fun watching them tank one of these years. Wait a second, it's BEEN fun watching them tank since that Giant Super Bowl! Worst choke job EVER! This past season was a lot fun, too, being a "dynasty" and all, but still not making the playoffs.

Changing the subject is the only thing he's an expert at, since he keeps doing it every time he gets smacked around here.....

Tank??? Go 11-5 with a back up QB, down to a 4th string RB (you should know he ran for 100 against the Bills), Thomas out for year, Harrison out for year..... If that's tanking please define the Bills last decade.

Tank??? Go 11-5 with a back up QB, down to a 4th string RB (you should know he ran for 100 against the Bills), Thomas out for year, Harrison out for year..... If that's tanking please define the Bills last decade.

Not much to talk about, they stunk but things are subject to change and I believe they will. I firmly think that we finally have a GM who not only cares about this franchise and community but also is doing a splendid job in his foresight for the future. Russ Brandon is taking of this franchise and I think that you'll difference in this year alone but moreso in the next three span. I can wait.

Although I loathe the Patriots I don't have a problem in giving them credit when the credit is due. They do push the boundaries in what is ethical and what is in the legal guidelines though. I guess that if you want to be a winner/champion then you do have to push the envelope but when you exchange this for sportsmanship then I think that one has to weigh up their priorities. I don't want the Bills to be winning at all costs but I do want them to be successful. I don't know if this league/game can allow both but I will not sacrifice my morals or ideals for suspect victories or glory. If the Bills were to ever obtain and/or sustain great success in lieu of gamesmanship then it will affect the way I perceive them. This is the way I feel.

I really don't know how much of a culpit the Patriots have been under Belichick's direction compared to other teams but I will say what I witnessed them displaying during the 2007 season was despicable. The way that Belichick would run off the field and not acknowledge the opposing coaches more times than not was shameful. He's a grown man and he really thinks that him and his team are their own entity. It was a shameful display of arrogance and if I were a Patriots' fan, or a fan of a team that behaved in this manner than I wouldn't feel too glowing about the way they went about acting like this. To each their own I guess but that is just my opinion whatever that's worth.

Thank you Dean, my point exactly...give me Byrd over Chung...is there anything more over rated than big hits? I played LB in college, and I would take 10 tackles every time over 3 tackles with one being a big hit...

Byrd, IMO, has far more "ball hawk" potential to me and he is a very good tackler, and to the guy who said I prefer Byrd over Chung because I am a "homer", youre an idiot...it has nothing to do with that.