Will JP Go To The Brocos Now?

JP  

103 members have voted

1. 1. The day the 2009 season starts...

• JP will be listed as the starting QB on some teams depth chart.
    • JP will be listed as the second string QB on some teams depth chart.
    • JP will be listed as the third string QB on some teams depth chart.
    • JP will be waiting for a phone call when a QB gets injured.
    • JP will be done and completely out of the NFL

J.P. Losman - QB Apr. 22 - 5:47 pm et

The Broncos may show interest in free agent J.P. Losman if they don't draft a quarterback this weekend, a source tells the Bills' website.

Bills writer Chris Brown says Denver has had interest in Losman "for some time," but it cooled after Chris Simms was signed. The Panthers have also shown interest. Losman, and Rex Grossman, should find work after the draft.

Source: buffalobills.com

I really like JP a lot. I feel bad for the kid because the tried so hard but just couldn't wrap himself around the job. I'd really like to see him get another shot somewhere.

The Broncos didn't draft a QB until round 6. If the Bronco's don't want him then where does he go? Is a 6th round draft pick going to keep JP from going to the Broncos?

Is the lack of interest in him because he's holding out for a starting job or is it because nobody wants him in any position?

The Broncos may show interest in free agent J.P. Losman if they don't draft a quarterback this weekend, a source tells the Bills' website.

Bills writer Chris Brown says Denver has had interest in Losman "for some time," but it cooled after Chris Simms was signed. The Panthers have also shown interest. Losman, and Rex Grossman, should find work after the draft.

I really like JP a lot. I feel bad for the kid because the tried so hard but just couldn't wrap himself around the job. I'd really like to see him get another shot somewhere.

The Broncos didn't draft a QB until round 6. If the Bronco's don't want him then where does he go? Is a 6th round draft pick going to keep JP from going to the Broncos?

Is the lack of interest in him because he's holding out for a starting job or is it because nobody wants him in any position?

You're contradicting yourself.

They did draft a Qb and every indication is the kid they got is great. Just not as expensive and more than willing to learn, and is teachable.

I really like JP a lot. I feel bad for the kid because the tried so hard but just couldn't wrap himself around the job....

What does that mean, "wrap himself around the job"??!! I really don't like JP a lot. Let's face it, Donahoe and Mularkey lost faith in Drew Bledsoe following that disaster game at home against the Steelers to end the '04 season. But looking back, although I was not big fan of Bledsoe either, I now see how pathetic it was for him to be relegated to back up Lost-man the very next season of 2005. No wonder Bledsoe was so pissed about that stupid decision, and demanded to just be cut. Lost-man sucks, end of sentence. He sucked during that amazing opportunity Mularkey handed him in '05, and he has sucked just as badly ever since. Just another first round QB bust. You call that failing to wrap himself around the job? I call it simply not being able to perform as a starting NFL QB. He is now entering his 5th year (6th, not counting his injury-plagued rookie season), and he is further away from starting then ever.

If Lost-man is lucky, he can get signed by a team with a sturdy starter, and remain his back up for the next few years without having to play very much.

The only thing that really worries me is that Losman is picked up by some team and gets a chance to start and tears it up with another team with a solid roster and coaching staff. Something he apparently never had here. Wouldnt Buffalo look like a bunch of freaking idiots. Oh wait, we already do. :doh: It would just make it worse then. I really liked Losman for us at one point. I hope he does well. Just not well enough for us to look dumb.

What does that mean, "wrap himself around the job"??!! I really don't like JP a lot. Let's face it, Donahoe and Mularkey lost faith in Drew Bledsoe following that disaster game at home against the Steelers to end the '04 season. But looking back, although I was not big fan of Bledsoe either, I now see how pathetic it was for him to be relegated to back up Lost-man the very next season of 2005. No wonder Bledsoe was so pissed about that stupid decision, and demanded to just be cut. Lost-man sucks, end of sentence. He sucked during that amazing opportunity Mularkey handed him in '05, and he has sucked just as badly ever since. Just another first round QB bust. You call that failing to wrap himself around the job? I call it simply not being able to perform as a starting NFL QB. He is now entering his 5th year (6th, not counting his injury-plagued rookie season), and he is further away from starting then ever.

If Lost-man is lucky, he can get signed by a team with a sturdy starter, and remain his back up for the next few years without having to play very much.

Well said. :doh:

JPS problem is he only wanted to be a starter and feels he should only go to a team that will sign him as a starter. After the rumor that he was bad for Trent after Trent took the starting Job from him he has to understand he should be willing to go to anyteam that even looks like theres a chance the starting QB could go down so he can attempt to take the job from them like it was done to him. SOmetimes its about playing for a JOB not just your ego every QB in the leaugue believes they are starting QB capable but dont go around taking shots at management when it doesnt happen this only hurts your chances to get a JOB.

I'll always respect JP for the way he embraced Buffalo and sung its praises. I don't want him as our starting QB anymore, but I hope the guy can find a way to succeed in this league.

Even before this Broncos rumor came out, I had commented a while ago on how I thought Denver was potentially a good place for JP...if he were to somehow get on the field and connect on a few long bombs to Marshall and/or Royal, his potential would tease them there the same way it did to us here. Except that he'd have a better offense around him.....

I think JP's going to end up like fellow Tulane alum Patrick Ramsey.

He'll catch on somewhere as roster filler for a season or two. Then another team for a season or two, then another, and so on to the next warm bench and comfy clipboard.

Journeyman QB

I think JP's going to end up like fellow Tulane alum Patrick Ramsey.

He'll catch on somewhere as roster filler for a season or two. Then another team for a season or two, then another, and so on to the next warm bench and comfy clipboard.

Journeyman QB

What's that...a million, a half-million a year?

Good gig! :doh:

Dang....I was sure Crazy Al would jump at JP for the Raidahs. Especially now since they drafted Heyward-Bey. I think that would be perfect.....

A QB who can throw a mile but not hit anything, passing to a receiver who can run 100 mph but not catch anything. That's gotta be Crazy Al's wet dream if there ever was one.

The only thing that really worries me is that Losman is picked up by some team and gets a chance to start and tears it up with another team with a solid roster and coaching staff. Something he apparently never had here. Wouldnt Buffalo look like a bunch of freaking idiots. Oh wait, we already do. :doh: It would just make it worse then. I really liked Losman for us at one point. I hope he does well. Just not well enough for us to look dumb.

there's no need to worry about that

I feel bad for the kid because the tried so hard but just couldn't wrap himself around the job.

Some people repeat this "he worked hard" stuff about JP, but I don't know how they came to this conclusion. He never gave any evidence that he was a guy who really prepared for the games tactically---you know, like spending a lot of time in the film room like we always hear about MAnning and Brady. Also, we all saw how he spent his entire season isolating himself from the rest of the offense while on the sideline last year---making it clear to everyone watching at home how unhappy he was to be riding the pines.

I really don't think he was as stupid as many here think. I think he was a guy who was told how great he was all his life,and, after "starring" at a shi88tty college football program/conference, the Bills made the awful and fateful decision to name him a first round pick------that was it for JPL. He figured there was nothing for him to learn, given how he was so "gifted" and a "great athlete".

Turns out he was just a slacker who actually wasn't that great of an athlete, as far as QBs go.