Swine flu

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say potential pandemic. WHO has made some very serious statements about this thing.

Seriously there was some doctor on the news basically calling for everything but the national guard. I dunno, don't we pay taxes for this? Or is that only so we can give free money to about 30% of it to people in need and the rest to people in lazy.

Seriously there was some doctor on the news basically calling for everything but the national guard. I dunno, don't we pay taxes for this? Or is that only so we can give free money to about 30% of it to people in need and the rest to people in lazy.

I'm glad you ask. It seems thanks to the republicans... we're short about 900 Million in funding to fight this.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat/430261?rel=hp_picks

The scary thing is how it's taking out healthy people in their 20s, 30s, etc. That's not good.

That's what's happening in countries without potable water and 3rd world medicine. In the US and other countries, it's mild.

Remember, in an average year, 250-500K people die of flu every year (30-40K Americans).

Link? Facts? Figures? Stats? Logic of any sort?

Right, conner...becuase the stimulus funds would have gone to research and the CDC and whatever vaccines needed would have been distributed, along with what work needed to be done to stop this...in Mexico....all within the course of a few months since obama said "Its Done", right?

Making a flu pandemic a political issue.

"Time to put away all those childish things."

Indeed.

Damn George and Laura Bush! I thought they were cutting brush and all the time they were incubating flu virus. Those thoughtless bastards! Thank God President Obama and Ms Pelosi came to our rescue.

Oh wait, Nancy hasn't heard about swine flu, was never briefed on it, and refuses to believe that it exists....

I'm glad you ask. It seems thanks to the republicans... we're short about 900 Million in funding to fight this.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat/430261?rel=hp_picks

Will there every come a time during the next four years where every event that takes place isn't simply another opportunity to explain how the current administration has no accountability because of the previous administration? Could you imagine working for a new boss who spends every day talking about what a crappy job your previous boss did? Gets old really fast.

Plus, if this is such a big priority all of a sudden, surely Obama's stimulus would have funded it instead of studying honey bees and grape genetics, right? He had the chance to fund it, and he chose not to. Precisely how do you account for that? Not enough room in the stimulus package? Not enough room in the budget? Hey...here's an idea. Instead of a $634 BILLION downpayment on a health care plan that has no plan, he could have budgeted only $633 BILLION and use the other billion to prepare for a pandemic that was similarly ignored by the previous administration.