Russ Brandon to Paul Hamilton

Kingfish

That would solidfy the LB corps.

That would greatly enhance the LB corps. I'd love to see Hill brought in, if not him then definitely Keaiho. Dust off your hands and then let the LBs fall where they may during training camp.

I'm actually pretty excited about Nic Harris too, but that probably comes from living with an Oklahoma fan. I watched a lot of Sooner football and the guy plays a lot like Mitchell. Should, at the very least, make a very capable backup.

He said it is something the team would like to explore. I want to STRESS he said explore.

http://www.wgr550.com/How-would-Hill-look-...s-blue-/4274769

This was said in that same article:

"The Bills have room under the cap and it would certainly shore up a position of need for awhile as Hill will be just turning 27 when the season starts."

B.S. The Bills never have any room under the cap! I don't know about Hill's drug problems, and if they are true, it might limit the number of teams that go after him. But that aside, any other team that competes against the Bills for a young, expensive free agent will always have the upper hand. Why? Their infamous "Cash to the Cap" of course! They almost always offer one less year, or a smaller signing bonus, even as in the case of Peters, when we hear rumors that the Bills offered a "competitive" deal, it is almost never quite enough, because of their stingy accounting policy.

If Brandon goes out and gets Hill, even with a 4 game suspension to start this season, I will be really pleasantly surprised. Unless his Bills are the only team that wants him because of the 4 game suspension, if it happens. But if Hill gets interests from other teams, remember this prediction, no way do the Bills sign him. He needs to be older, or coming off a serious injury, or both, for the Bills to get a quality free agent.

Has anyone watched this guy play? Is he good? He seems to be decent by virtue of SEA's franchise tag and the 81 tackles in 12 games, but I was hoping for a bit more of a first-hand view.

Seattle had an excellent LB corps in Hill, Tatupu and Julian Peterson last season. They franchised Hill to keep from losing him via UFA, then traded Peterson to Detroit because they didn't want that much money invested in their LB's (IIRC, Tatupu is on a 6 yr 40ish million deal and Peterson makes a decent buck as well). After picking Curry at #4 they're obviously going to owe him a ton of cash as well.

I think letting Hill go is a strictly monetary move for the Seahawks. He's a VERY good OLB.

Dont get too attached to Hill, looks like he is going to sign back with the Seahawks:

The Associated Press reports Seattle Seahawks president Tim Ruskett said he is just having conservations with the agent for unrestricted free-agent LB LeRoy Hill about a long-term contract. Ruskell said the team can use the money they were going to pay Hill under the franchise tag to add other players.

Dont get too attached to Hill, looks like he is going to sign back with the Seahawks:

The Associated Press reports Seattle Seahawks president Tim Ruskett said he is just having conservations with the agent for unrestricted free-agent LB LeRoy Hill about a long-term contract. Ruskell said the team can use the money they were going to pay Hill under the franchise tag to add other players.

First, that really doesn't mean anything. They were trying to sign him to a long term deal before and they couldn't agree on a contract. It's not as though they wanted to keep him for one year on with the 8.3 mil franchise number. He had turned down a 6 year 36 mil deal before I think, which was before his arrest, and which complicates matters a little. I had read elsewhere today that it wasn't at all clear that he was going to sign with them. if anything, he will explore what his other options are.

Second, however, I heard from someone who was there when Brandon said what he did about "exploring" Hill, and this person said it was the stock reply he always gives about we will look into anyone we think will help this football team, and didn't at all imply that they were going after him. It's not to say they won't, but it was a standard answer and not any indication they want him seriously.

Nice thought while it lasted...

Getting Hill would be a total coup! I'm not happy the Bills are going into the season with Ellison starting, but I'm glad the Bills finally made the trenches a priority, so I'm not complaining that much. However, getting Hill would really complete the D.