2 Cs, 2 Gs, 2 LBs, 1 WR, 1 DE, 1 TE, 1 S, 3 CBs, 1 QB, 1 RB

After viewing the press conference today, coach said that Butler has played some right tackle . So with that, I think our O line is going to look like this:

LT:WALKER LG: WOOD C:HANGARTNER RG: LEVITIRE RT: BUTLER.

I think its funny hearing the "experts' say we had a bad/poor draft because we did not get a tackle. Like we forgot about it or something. This one is good also : "why a corner ? " Jairus Bryd will play safety. Or the Bills didnt draft a tackle, um Levitire was a starting left tackle for the Ducks. He just projects to play guard by the so called experts . Coach said he could play there and wouldn't rule it out .

That's going to be the lineup per the Buffalo News. I forgot about Butler being an OT originally and so I think this could be a very solid line and the sooner they gel the quicker. :thumbsup:

Walker is a right tackle playing left tackle.

Wood is a rookie center playing guard.

Hangartner is a center playing center.

Levitire is a rookie tackle playing guard.

Butler is a guard playing tackle.

Sounds like a pig and a poke.

To be fair, Butler was a RT in college, and he's 6'7" & 315 lbs. Those are tackle dimensions, not guard dimensions.

Butler is actually a RT but was moved inside because of the need for a guard. He should be fine at LT. I am a little worried about Walker at LT. Maybe Levi Jones will be moving here. I also wouldn't mind if the Bills took a look at Jonas Jennings. When healthy he is still a very good LT, or atleast was. I really like the upgrade to the middle of the OL.

Butler is actually a RT but was moved inside because of the need for a guard. He should be fine at LT. I am a little worried about Walker at LT. Maybe Levi Jones will be moving here. I also wouldn't mind if the Bills took a look at Jonas Jennings. When healthy he is still a very good LT, or atleast was. I really like the upgrade to the middle of the OL.

You lost me at Jonas Jennings.

That's going to be the lineup per the Buffalo News. I forgot about Butler being an OT originally and so I think this could be a very solid line and the sooner they gel the quicker. :thumbsup:

It's APRIL!

They haven't even worked out the new guys, yet. The lineup above, probably represents the Bills' best guess, as of today. TC and preseason will determine where each of these guys plays.

As Kelly said, who knows the end result of this new line? But, IMO the Bills did two very positive things with the OL, this offseason:

-They strengthened the interior of the line.

-They left themselves with a lot of options and depth.

Of course, they also made moves that are likely to have a negative impact, most notably dealing Peters. I'm guessing the overall strength of the line offsets the loss of a quality LT.

From the article I read they're going to use Butler at RT.

It's APRIL!

They haven't even worked out the new guys, yet. The lineup above, probably represents the Bills' best guess, as of today. TC and preseason will determine where each of these guys plays.

As Kelly said, who knows the end result of this new line? But, IMO the Bills did two very positive things with the OL, this offseason:

-They strengthened the interior of the line.

-They left themselves with a lot of options and depth.

Of course, they also made moves that are likely to have a negative impact, most notably dealing Peters. I'm guessing the overall strength of the line offsets the loss of a quality LT.

Thanks Captain Obvious. :thumbsup:

It just seems "on paper" to be a better line than ,at least , I thought immediately after the draft

Good analysis. Especially about Reed, Parrish. The next big thing is our coordinators. Does Schonert still call for shotgun/empty backfield on 2nd/3rd and short or actually make the defense play both the run and pass. Does Fewell try something different besides rushing the same 4 guys every down and keep our secondary in soft zone coverage?

I think it's safe to say the coaches have a lot more talent to work with this year. That said, Schonert and Fewell have no excuses. The addition of T.O. alone, changes how teams game plan against our offense. Along with Schonert, Trent has no excuses this year on the offensive side of the ball.

Fewell has a healthy Schoebel, and arguably the best pass rusher in this years draft. Poz is headed into his 3rd year, we have a lot of depth in the secondary, and the Ellison issue was addressed (somewhat).

The question remaining to be answered: Can our current staff provide playoff caliber coaching?

Wins will not come easy this year. The AFC East and NFC South are arguably the two strongest conferences in the NFL.

I think it's safe to say the coaches have a lot more talent to work with this year. That said, Schonert and Fewell have no excuses. The addition of T.O. alone, changes how teams game plan against our offense. Along with Schonert, Trent has no excuses this year on the offensive side of the ball.

Fewell has a healthy Schoebel, and arguably the best pass rusher in this years draft. Poz is headed into his 3rd year, we have a lot of depth in the secondary, and the Ellison issue was addressed (somewhat).

The question remaining to be answered: Can our current staff provide playoff caliber coaching?

Wins will not come easy this year. The AFC East and NFC South are arguably the two strongest conferences in the NFL.

You make good points but I am worried that with the additions of Owens and Nelson, Schonert gets pass happy again and forgets to run the ball.

You make good points but I am worried that with the additions of Owens and Nelson, Schonert gets pass happy again and forgets to run the ball.

The strengthening of the interior suggests they want to run the ball. I sure hope so. An effective running game should make the passing attack more effective, too.

It's not the worst approach though. The Bills ran well last year when they were in passing formations. While sometimes late in the year they ran well in two TE formations, it wouldn't at all be a bad idea to have three WR in the game almost all the time (especially since Reed and Owens are very good blockers), spread the defense, force teams to keep an extra DB in the game, and then run out of it a lot. Lynch and Jackson are excellent at making guys miss. This is the approach I hope they use, a pass to set up the run offense (that doesn't mean you are pass happy).

You forgot an RB but said WR twice.

I also thought we REALLY needed a serious OT, DT and LB. But we probably had too many holes to fill in one year.

The new projected starters are Hangartner (upgrade), Owens (upgrade), Nelson (probable upgrade), Wood (upgrade) and Levitre (downgrade, since he is actually replacing Peters). Maybin will be half a starter but that is an upgrade. Byrd could be a new starter, too.

Leodis was already starting for Greer and i think will be better this year on the way to being a star.

Getting back Schobel will likely help, and maybe help a lot. It's almost like getting a new starter.

Also, Reed and Parrish at #2 and #3 are very mediocre at best. But Reed and Parrish at #3 and #4 opposite TO and Evans could be very valuable (especially with Hardy and Johnson in the mix at #3 and #4)

We didn't address the starter needed at DT for Williams or LB for Ellison (or FB but that doesn't count).

We got tougher and nastier, which is good. We also got a little better attitude overall.

A trade for an OT or DT would make this a very good off season. Right now it's pretty damn good overall, especially because of TO. If the new revamped OL meshes earlier than it should, that will be a huge help.

No he didnt, it clearly says RB.

The strengthening of the interior suggests they want to run the ball. I sure hope so. An effective running game should make the passing attack more effective, too.

To that point, we need great interior line players to run the ball against our conference opponents. The AFC east has some great nose tackles. A strong interior line will give us some push. Especially against a 3-4 defense.

It's not the worst approach though. The Bills ran well last year when they were in passing formations. While sometimes late in the year they ran well in two TE formations, it wouldn't at all be a bad idea to have three WR in the game almost all the time (especially since Reed and Owens are very good blockers), spread the defense, force teams to keep an extra DB in the game, and then run out of it a lot. Lynch and Jackson are excellent at making guys miss. This is the approach I hope they use, a pass to set up the run offense (that doesn't mean you are pass happy).

My only strong criticism is the shotgun and empty backfield.