Training Camp Battles

bluenews

There should be some very good training camp battles for roster spots and starting lineup. Offensive position battles along offensive line, running back and tight end should be competitive. Safety, nickel, linebacker and defensive end could be even more fierce. The Bills have lots of options.......I just hope they know how to use them!!

Linebacker's wide open. We're so thin there. Poz is safe. Mitchell is essentially safe. After that........

Harris from Oklahoma runs and hits like an escaped convict. My guess is that he's our starting OLB.

well ..this is who I got so far...pending any addons from today on...haveing a hard time trying to figure out the DE and WR and frankly the DB situations..yea I know its 54 and not 53..but like I said..Im haveing problems..lol:

QB(3) - Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gibran Hamdan

RB(3) - Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dominic Rhodes

FB(1) - Corey McIntyre

TE(3) - Derek Fine, Shawn Nelson, Derek Schouman

WR(7) - Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, James Hardy, Justin Jenkins

OG(3) - Brad Butler, Eric Wood, Adam Levitre, (Kirk Cambers), (Seth McKinney)

OT(3) - Langston Walker, Kirk Chambers, Demetrius Bell, (Adam Levitre)

OC(2) - Geoff Hangartner, Seth McKinney, (Eric Wood)

DE(5) - Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, Chris Ellis, (Spencer Johnson)

DT(4) - Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson, John McCargo

OLB(5) - Kawika Mitchell, Nic Harris, Pat Thomas, Alvin Bowen, Jon Corto

MLB(2) - Paul Pozluszny, John DiGiorgio

CB(4) - Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner, (Jairus Byrd)

SS(3) - Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott, Dreyton Florence

FS(3) - Jairus Byrd, Ko Simpson, George Wilson

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Ryan Neill

PR - Roscoe Parrish, Jairus Byrd, Fred Jackson, Leodis McKelvin

KR - Leodis McKelvin, Terrence McGee, Fred Jackson, Jairus Byrd

Practice Squad:

RB Omon, CB Cary Harris, CB Ellis Lankster, LB Marcus Buggs, LB Vince Hall, OL Chris Denman, WR C.J. Hawthorne, DE Marcus Smith

Linebacker's wide open. We're so thin there. Poz is safe. Mitchell is essentially safe. After that........

Harris from Oklahoma runs and hits like an escaped convict. My guess is that he's our starting OLB.

That's quite an improvement...

QB- Edwards

RB- Lynch, Jackson

WR- Evans

WR- T.O.

TE- Nelson

LT- Walker

LG- Wood

C- Hangartner

RG- Levitre

RT- Butler

CB- McGee

CB- McKelvin

CB- Youboty

FS- Byrd

SS- Whitner

DE- Schobel

DT- Stroud

DT- Williams

DE- Maybin/Kelsay

SLB- Mitchell

MLB- Posluszny

WLB- Harris

well ..this is who I got so far...pending any addons from today on...haveing a hard time trying to figure out the DE and WR and frankly the DB situations..yea I know its 54 and not 53..but like I said..Im haveing problems..lol:

FB(1) - Corey McIntyre

WR(7) - Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, James Hardy, Justin Jenkins

DE(5) - Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, Chris Ellis, (Spencer Johnson)

CB(4) - Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner, (Jairus Byrd)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Ryan Neill

Practice Squad:

RB Omon, CB Cary Harris, CB Ellis Lankster, LB Marcus Buggs, LB Vince Hall, OL Chris Denman, WR C.J. Hawthorne, DE Marcus Smith

I like it. Don't forget my man Blake Costanzo!

QB- Edwards

RB- Lynch, Jackson

WR- Evans

WR- T.O.

TE- Nelson

LT- Walker

LG- Wood

C- Hangartner

RG- Levitre

RT- Butler

CB- McGee

CB- McKelvin

CB- Youboty

FS- Byrd

SS- Whitner

DE- Schobel

DT- Stroud

DT- Williams

DE- Maybin/Kelsay

SLB- Mitchell

MLB- Posluszny

WLB- Harris

I just wanted to take the time to say I love your lineup!! Why? Because it's the first that I've seen that is exactly, 100%, like mine. Super!

I don't think McKinney makes the team now.

Justin Jenkins is gonna be in trouble unless they move Parrish or put Hardy on P-U-P.

Either Ko Simpson or George Wilson will be gone too, it seems.

Agreed on all those, except McKinnie. I see them keeping 8 offensive linemen: LT Walker, LG Wood, C Hangy, RG Butler, RT Chambers, and backups Levitre, Bell and McKinnie.

Time to say goodbye to Jenkins though, if Hardy is going to be active. Can't see them keeping 7 recievers.

I don't think McKinney makes the team now.

Justin Jenkins is gonna be in trouble unless they move Parrish or put Hardy on P-U-P.

Either Ko Simpson or George Wilson will be gone too, it seems.

I'm not sure I agree with you. Since the end of 2008, we've lost Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Jason Whittle, and Derrick Dockery in the interior offensive line. That's four players. We've replaced them with Hangartner, Wood, Levitre, and McKinney. That's four players. McKinney is pretty important in that he is a veteran who can play three positions. With two rookies guaranteed of making the team I think it's doubtful that they'll cut a veteran, especially if it leaves them one short of last year's roster number.

ok I revised it a bit ,but still don't know what to do in a few spots..lol

FB(1) - Corey McIntyre

WR(6) - Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish

OLB(6) - Kawika Mitchell, Nic Harris, Pat Thomas, Alvin Bowen, Jon Corto, Blake Costanzo

SS(4) - Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott, Dreyton Florence, John Wendling

FS(3) - Jairus Byrd, Ko Simpson, George Wilson, (John Wendling)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Ryan Neill

Practice Squad:

RB Omon, CB Cary Harris, CB Ellis Lankster, LB Marcus Buggs, LB Vince Hall, OL Chris Denman, P.K.Sam, DE Marcus Smith

anyone know if any of our OLB's can play ILB?...wondering if someone like Pat Thomas could double up and kick pizza man to the curb.

what about Corto and Costanzo?..any thoughts...just seems as tho I'm tearing apart Bobby April's ST's to make a 53 man roster

I'm not sure I agree with you. Since the end of 2008, we've lost Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, Jason Whittle, and Derrick Dockery in the interior offensive line. That's four players. We've replaced them with Hangartner, Wood, Levitre, and McKinney. That's four players. McKinney is pretty important in that he is a veteran who can play three positions. With two rookies guaranteed of making the team I think it's doubtful that they'll cut a veteran, especially if it leaves them one short of last year's roster number.

Good points and you're probably right. What's McKinney's contract status? I can't imagine he costs them much.

My thinking is somewhat based on the fact that they have two guys that can play center now. I think Preston was only on the team the last couple of years because they were nervous about Fowler.

They've really improved their versatility up front (and McKinney is part of that for sure). I'm pretty comfortable with Chambers almost anywhere on the line. Walker can play either tackle. Butler can play guard or tackle, as can Levitre. Obviously Hangartner and Wood can play anywhere on the interior. That's not really a luxury they had last year, because Duke Preston was horrible anywhere he played. But he could snap the ball, so he was kept around.

I just think that the versatility and flexibility up front might prompt them to devote one less roster spot to the line.

FB(1) - Corey McIntyre

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Ryan Neill

Practice Squad:

Nice work. I think Simpson is done and Omon is not eligible for the PS.