Drafting players not at their natural position?

I feel we've had a helluva draft so far. But i'm wondering why we drafted almost everyone at different positions then they did in college?

Aaron Maybin - Our pass rusher. Was a DE in college. Buffalo sent out their text alert stating we drafted "LB Aaron Maybin"

Eric Wood - A premier Center in college. However, Jauron in his interview stated we'll stick him in at Guard.

Jairus Byrd - A top 5 ranked CB prospect. Chris Brown stated he'll most likely be playing at Safety in Buffalo.

Andy Levitre - This pick confused me because if were playing Wood at Guard and Butler has been decent, why would we give up picks to trade up and take the best natural Guard in the draft? Jauron said in his interview today that they may try him at Tackle.

Shawn Nelson - TE that will play TE. Maybe we can try him out at WR? (lol)

Nic Harris - A prolific college OLB that we drafted to play S.

All of these position switches kind of concerns me.

I feel we've had a helluva draft so far. But i'm wondering why we drafted almost everyone at different positions then they did in college?

Aaron Maybin - Our pass rusher. Was a DE in college. Buffalo sent out their text alert stating we drafted "LB Aaron Maybin"

Eric Wood - A premier Center in college. However, Jauron in his interview stated we'll stick him in at Guard.

Jairus Byrd - A top 5 ranked CB prospect. Chris Brown stated he'll most likely be playing at Safety in Buffalo.

Andy Levitre - This pick confused me because if were playing Wood at Guard and Butler has been decent, why would we give up picks to trade up and take the best natural Guard in the draft? Jauron said in his interview today that they may try him at Tackle.

Anyway you cut it, the jump from college to pros involves some re-invention of the wheel. Might help having habitless guys.

You are so far off.

Maybin will play DE.

Levitre may have been projected as a OG but he played LT and RT in college, so I wouldn't call him a natural OG.

Harris played S in college and will play OLB for us, not the other way around.

because our front office is smarter than everyone else -

and always has been

I don't recall Dick saying he was going to try Levitre at tackle today...I heard him talk about how Butler has and can play all positions on the line, including tackle, but I thought he said Levitre was going to play guard.

Jim Ritcher was the Outland Trophy winner as a center in college. Moved him to guard.

Will Wolford was a guard in college. Moved to tackle in the pros.

These things can work out.

what did those bums ever do?!?!?!?

the point to note is that what a player at a certain position does in some schools is what they will do at a different position in the pros. now maybin is a DE and that's what he will be for us, jayson taylor but less gay.

but our new LB was a bit a rover in school at S so it won't be a million miles off, and the interior O line guys are all versatile.

I just like having guys who are well rounded and able to play more then one god damn position.

As long as they play at least one of their positions well.

" I though he was a switch hitter?" " well he's more like a switch out"

because our front office is smarter than everyone else -

and always has been

It goes without saying. The geniuses at One Bills Drive are always thrilled with the draft and then at the end of the season the team misses the playoffs again.

Funny how that works.

It goes without saying. The geniuses at One Bills Drive are always thrilled with the draft and then at the end of the season the team misses the playoffs again.

Funny how that works.

If you two are so much better, why not lend your mad skillz to the FO? I hear so many people complaining about the FO all the time, makes you wonder why you don't get a position over there?