One disenchanted fan

Being a member of this blog over the past year I have become acquainted with some of the most passionated Bills fans. We love our Bills and will sometimes follow them blindly, but in the past couple of weeks and most recently yesterday I have to question their M.O. Really, can someone please explain to me how in the world can you pass on one of the best pass rushers in college football for a cornerback. If I remember correctly our pass rush was putrid last year and with the chance to have two of the premier pass rushers in college on your roster you pass on him for an unknown cornerback because the defensive coordinator and head coach know his father. This guy, even if the Bills thought highly of him, could have been had later in the draft not in the second round. I as an avid fan didn't think that CB was an area of need. Yes, they say he will play safety but come on. We all seen the youtube videos of Everette Brown destroying passing attacks. Speaking on depth, how long do they expect Aaron Schobel to play at a high level. I thought Chris Kelsay was on the trading block. We could have had a pair of bookend DE's to raise havoc on the AFC East for years to come, but passed on the idea because we really needed a safety. The front office/coaching staff has really mishandled the roster of this team over the past couple of years. We wouldn't even be considering a safety had they known Jim Leonhard could actually play. Like I said, I was one who made excuses for some of the boneheaded willing and dealing that went at OBD from cutting Leonhard to trading away one of the best OT's in the league because they didn't have enough foresight to sign him to a modest contract last year. I've had enough of the current regime pulling on my heartstrings and just hope that one day Jim Kelly and his investment group take over my beloved Bills and put them back on track to the Super Bowl.

Being a member of this blog over the past year I have become acquainted with some of the most passionated Bills fans. We love our Bills and will sometimes follow them blindly, but in the past couple of weeks and most recently yesterday I have to question their M.O. Really, can someone please explain to me how in the world can you pass on one of the best pass rushers in college football for a cornerback. If I remember correctly our pass rush was putrid last year and with the chance to have two of the premier pass rushers in college on your roster you pass on him for an unknown cornerback because the defensive coordinator and head coach know his father. This guy, even if the Bills thought highly of him, could have been had later in the draft not in the second round. I as an avid fan didn't think that CB was an area of need. Yes, they say he will play safety but come on. We all seen the youtube videos of Everette Brown destroying passing attacks. Speaking on depth, how long do they expect Aaron Schobel to play at a high level. I thought Chris Kelsay was on the trading block. We could have had a pair of bookend DE's to raise havoc on the AFC East for years to come, but passed on the idea because we really needed a safety. The front office/coaching staff has really mishandled the roster of this team over the past couple of years. We wouldn't even be considering a safety had they known Jim Leonhard could actually play. Like I said, I was one who made excuses for some of the boneheaded willing and dealing that went at OBD from cutting Leonhard to trading away one of the best OT's in the league because they didn't have enough foresight to sign him to a modest contract last year. I've had enough of the current regime pulling on my heartstrings and just hope that one day Jim Kelly and his investment group take over my beloved Bills and put them back on track to the Super Bowl.

Paragraphs! Paragraphs are you should be concerned with.

I agree. I may be the only one, but I was wanting them to take Orakpo over Maybin. Maybe I missed something there, but I think Orakpo is going to be better than Maybin. In that aspect I hope I am wrong.

I like the OL picks though.

I don't get the DB pick. Not when Brown was sitting there. But, it is what it is. We will all have to deal with it now. But I am just as frustrated as you are.

Theres a reason why Brown slipped that far. A lot of other teams passed on him as well, tells me the Bills weren't the only ones to have concern.

I was surprised like many that we took a CB/FS that early, but some draft experts like the pick saying he was one of their 2nd round sleepers. The Bills obviously see him as someone who will contribute or they wouldnt have picked him. Not a wasted pick in my opinion.

The Bills plan on playing Jairus Byrd as FS, so its not a CB pick. Would have he have been available later on? Maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know is that a player who can generate turnovers in the secondary would be a welcome addition. Byrd had 17 interceptions over the last 3 years.

As for Everette Brown...if he were that good of a prospect, he would have went in R1. Almost every other team in the league passed over him at least once. They all had some concern about him. It should surprise no one that the Bills felt the same.

The Bills plan on playing Jairus Byrd as FS, so its not a CB pick. Would have he have been available later on? Maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know is that a player who can generate turnovers in the secondary would be a welcome addition. Byrd had 17 interceptions over the last 3 years.

As for Everette Brown...if he were that good of a prospect, he would have went in R1. Almost every other team in the league passed over him at least once. They all had some concern about him. It should surprise no one that the Bills felt the same.

He went to Carolina with the very next pick. The Bills problem last year was NO PASS RUSH. Like I said Brandon, I once followed them BLINDLY.

Theres a reason why Brown slipped that far. A lot of other teams passed on him as well, tells me the Bills weren't the only ones to have concern.

Yes that's true but at #42 Everette Brown becomes a great value. I'm not going to judge this decision right now but the criticism is valid.

I was surprised like many that we took a CB/FS that early, but some draft experts like the pick saying he was one of their 2nd round sleepers. The Bills obviously see him as someone who will contribute or they wouldnt have picked him. Not a wasted pick in my opinion.

Those same experts you speak so fondly of had Everette Brown going in the first 15. Jairus Byrd like Donte Whitner will never be able to show their skill set until this team can get pressure on opposing QB's.

I can understand your displeasure with the pick. I won't lie, I was pissed to when the pick came in. I was hoping for Jared Cook, personally.

But he would NOT have been available outside of Round 2, let alone later in the draft. That's just a false statement.

He was widely considered the 5th best CB prospect in the draft behind Malcolm Jenkins, Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, and Alphonso Smith, who were all gone by our pick.

There was a run on secondary in Round 2 and it has heavily carried on into the 3rd.

You may not like the Boyd pick, but it wasn't a reach.

I love how people think Jim Kelly has this magical investment group that will save the day. I would love to see actual names of this investment group (my favorite rumor is Warren Buffett...hysterical). Plus, Jim Kelly is the last person I would put i charge of running this franchise.

He went to Carolina with the very next pick. The Bills problem last year was NO PASS RUSH. Like I said Brandon, I once followed them BLINDLY.

He went 43rd overall. Its not like the Bills were the only ones with a pass rush issue that passed over him at least once.

One thing I realized long ago: the Bills aren't going to do everything I want them to on draft day. They drafted a safety. Would I have made that pick? Probably not. Am I going to complain about it? No. They needed a starting FS. They got one.

I can understand your displeasure with the pick. I won't lie, I was pissed to when the pick came in. I was hoping for Jared Cook, personally.

But he would NOT have been available outside of Round 2, let alone later in the draft. That's just a false statement.

He was widely considered the 5th best CB prospect in the draft behind Malcolm Jenkins, Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, and Alphonso Smith, who were all gone by our pick.

There was a run on secondary in Round 2 and it has heavily carried on into the 3rd.

You may not like the Boyd pick, but it wasn't a reach.

That's cool, but Byrd's playing safety here not CB.

Those same experts you speak so fondly of had Everette Brown going in the first 15. Jairus Byrd like Donte Whitner will never be able to show their skill set until this team can get pressure on opposing QB's.

I agree. Im content with the first day we had. I was praying they would pick Brown in the second, but they must have seen something they didnt like, and something they did in Byrd. I am far from an expert, so I have to mention experts who liked the pick. I also admit that you would find just as many that didnt.

First off, if Maybin pans out, our DE situation will be very good. Second, we need safety help big time...we need playmakers, and this guy is special. If (and I believe he will) starts at the beginning of the year, it will IMPACT our team much more than an additional rookie DE on our bench...Only one our Maybin or Brown would be starting with a healthy Schobel on the other side. Lets say its Maybin...and Maybin pans out...then what? We would have Brown who already has questionable motiviational issues (which is why he slipped) on the bench and a big hole at Safety. This was not a very deep draft at safety, in fact, this kid is probably the best safety prospect in this draft...

When all is said and done, we quite possibly got the best pass rush prospect, best C, best G, and best safety prospect in this draft...

I assure you the FO watched a hell of a lot more film than you and there is a reason Brown was not the pick...

I love how people think Jim Kelly has this magical investment group that will save the day. I would love to see actual names of this investment group (my favorite rumor is Warren Buffett...hysterical). Plus, Jim Kelly is the last person I would put i charge of running this franchise.

My guess is that his investment group is the guy who bought the Statler to fix it up it and was going to build the skyscrapper.

That's cool, but Byrd's playing safety here not CB.

I don't give a sh-t if they drafted him to be our kicker, if we wanted Jairus Boyd on this team, we had to take him there.

Bottom line, you can not like the pick and trash them taking a CB in Round 2 while Brown and Cook were on the board.

But you can't say they could have had Boyd later in the draft because it's just not true.