Round 2, Pick 42: JAIRUS BYRD, CB, Oregon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we pass on Orakpo AND Brown in the second? To take a CB who will be behind MCgee, McCelvin, Florence, Youboty, and Corner? That makes him what, SIXTH on the depth chart! We need one more OL, a DL, TE, and a LB. I cant belive we took Maybin, now this. 1/3 aint too bad for the first 3 picks I guess.

this

!@#$ Brandon, !@#$ Modrak, !@#$ Jauron, !@#$ Fewell, and !@#$ whoever the !@#$ scouted this !@#$.

Never saw it coming. Who would have thought that a team brilliant enough to pull off the Peters trade would eff up the draft?

How can we pass on Orakpo AND Brown in the second? To take a CB who will be behind MCgee, McCelvin, Florence, Youboty, and Corner? That makes him what, SIXTH on the depth chart! We need one more OL, a DL, TE, and a LB. I cant belive we took Maybin, now this. 1/3 aint too bad for the first 3 picks I guess.

i guess you forgot to notice that Orakpo was taken with the #13 pick overall to the Redskins....

Pro Football Weekly has him rated 2nd at CB behind Jenkins:

"Could bring great value as a short-area, press-zone corner, but is tough, smart and athletic enough to project to safety and could eventually develop into a ballhawk on the back end. Intriguing versatility and pedigree add to his value. He should develop into a solid No. 2 corner or potential free safety and could bring additional value as a returner."

He's only a Junior and he has 17 freaking picks.

"Could bring great value as a short-area, press-zone corner, but is tough, smart and athletic enough to project to safety and could eventually develop into a ballhawk on the back end. Intriguing versatility and pedigree add to his value. He should develop into a solid No. 2 corner or potential free safety and could bring additional value as a returner."

Here's our starting FS...I really don't have that much of a poroblem with it..must just be me...I consider FS a need

Yep, he looks like a free safety guy. Sturdy build, good route recognition skills and a ball hawk. Don't know if this is the right value at #42 but I like the pick if he lines up next to Whitner.