So let me get this straight....

ICE

How many times have I told you to stay away from drinking that water?

103599[/snapback]

See... Go back and read my last post.

Yes, I get the humor. :D

Remember stevestojan flows down hill and there is a whole bulk of the population that drinks "after me"... :D:blink::wacko:

Can you really consider this area to be a continental divide?... Think about it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See... Go back and read my last post.

Yes, I get the humor. :D

Remember stevestojan flows down hill and there is a whole bulk of the population that drinks "after me"... :D:blink:  :wacko:

Can you really consider this area to be a continental divide?... Think about it.

103626[/snapback]

That explains why your state is blue. Next.

Well to start with I need access to the same things the President has.

Expenditures, what are we spending? First step in correcting any financial situation is to do a self evaluation of what money is being spent…then cut spending. In addition to cutting spending you must stop OVER spending.

Next I need to know what contracts with the private sector there are. Are they up to date/speed. Are they getting the projects done on time? If not why aren’t they. I bet there are fines and penalties built into the contracts, enforce them.

Who owes us money? Time to pay up.

What programs can be cut and what ones need to have more money put into them.

Cut welfare? I say have a plan to cut it 100% by a certain date. In the mean time figure out a way to help business through tax cuts, incentives etc to HIRE MORE PEOPLE!

Instead of paying out tons of money to have people sit on their asses at home pumping out babies, put part of that money into incentives for companies to put them to work. By doing that now you go from throwing good money after bad (Aka zero return) you now have more TAX PAYING citizens.

Guys I can go on and on and on, but it would take 1000 pages and I bet someone somewhere has the same Ideas in our government, but the ideas aren’t being used.

Why?

Well honestly it is much easier to keep things as is. The rich keep getting rich and the poor keep getting poor. To make those changes take people who can weather the complaints and firestorm that making those decisions will bring. They won’t do it. There will always be tons of excuses that are way too easy to fall back on, to keep things as is.

Again, it’s not that hard to fix things, it takes some time, making it priority #1 and being able to weather the firestorm from making the tough decisions.

I live in Washington..Annual Rain Festival...Jan 1 -Dec 31..no actualy is is gorgeous up there..I think Seattle is a great city...but GG, its not Amsterdam for sure

103834[/snapback]

Maybe you could hook up with blzrul, she lives out that way. HEY!! maybe she'll give you a ride on her broom? :D:D

Again, it’s not that hard to fix things, it takes some time, making it priority #1 and being able to weather the firestorm from making the tough decisions.

Give a real answer and it gets kinda quiet. I'm sure there will be a f-you type post eventually.

Give a real answer and it gets kinda quiet.  I'm sure there will be a f-you type post eventually.

103909[/snapback]

The reason it's quiet is that it's a waste of time to move the thread forward.

But since you insist, ICE's post is among the most naive writings about how government works. Even Hollywood has a better grasp on the difficulties in managing the government.

To me, the priceless irony of ICE making this statement:

is that he would pillory Mularkey or Donohoe for spewing the same bile on Mondays.

Give a real answer and it gets kinda quiet.  I'm sure there will be a f-you type post eventually.

103909[/snapback]

Oh, please. Stop that nonsense. He said he could fix the economy. It took forever to get an answer as to how. He finally gives an answer. After constant prodding. And even then it's clear he doesn't know how to fix the economy because his answer was so nebulous.

It's like saying, "I don't know anything about fixing a car, but the first thing I'd do is find out what the mechanic knows, then I'd rotate the tires, change the oil, put in new plugs..."

But if you feel that he provided a full and deep explanation on how to fix the economy, then I can also understand how you feel that Kerry actually DID have a plan.

And everyone told us how they would fix the economy where?

Or perhaps they really think the economy is perfect?

What does Kerry have anything to do with this? Move on already - we're talking about the economy not some past election.

And everyone told us how they would fix the economy where?

Or perhaps they really think the economy is perfect?

What does Kerry have anything to do with this?  Move on already - we're talking about the economy not some past election.

103942[/snapback]

We didn't stand up and say we COULD fix the economy, and everything other problem in the world. He did. We called him on it. If you're going to join the conversation, please understand the whole conversation...not just the little parts that you can nibble on.

We didn't stand up and say we COULD fix the economy, and everything other problem in the world. He did. We called him on it. If you're going to join the conversation, please understand the whole conversation...not just the little parts that you can nibble on.

103945[/snapback]

So rip on someone for trying without trying yourself. nice.

Anyone who doesn't follow your beliefs to the tee must be a lefty huh?

103957[/snapback]

How about anyone who is a hypocrite is a lefty. You rip on people, and then criticize those people for ripping on people. Sounds like a lefty to me. If you're not, you should consider it because you have the rhetoric down cold.

How about anyone who is a hypocrite is a lefty. You rip on people, and then criticize those people for ripping on people. Sounds like a lefty to me. If you're not, you should consider it because you have the rhetoric down cold.

103960[/snapback]

Lefty!