So let me get this straight....

ICE

Hey ICE, I was gonna jump in the fray, but it dawned on me that the only difference between your post and the one from BF yesterday is that BF didn't want to hang around. So instead of me typing everything again...HERE YA GO....

And Ice, you may want to change your affliliation. Based on how your thinking, you're a lot of things, but a Republican is not one of them. :w00t:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ICE, at this point it's pretty much out of our hands until the next election. All we can do is sit back and see if Bush delivers on his promises to make us safer, clean up the mess in Iraq, stop the proliferation of nuclear weapons, stimulate the economy to create more well paying jobs, reduce the deficit, make us less dependent on oil, improve education, reduce health care costs while providing for more people, protect our civil rights, and secure our borders, to name a few. If he can deliver then great, if not then we're in trouble.

ICE, at this point it's pretty much out of our hands until the next election.  All we can do is sit back and see if Bush delivers on his promises to make us safer, clean up the mess in Iraq, stop the proliferation of nuclear weapons, stimulate the economy to create more well paying jobs, reduce the deficit, make us less dependent on oil, improve education, reduce health care costs while providing for more people, protect our civil rights, and secure our borders, to name a few.  If he can deliver then great, if not then we're in trouble.

101209[/snapback]

PJ,

That's right. If he doesn't come through on some or most of his promises I too will be looking for the person who can. But last time, we got tax break, reform of medicare, reform of 401k, tighter security after 9-11, education reform for the first time in 70 years, got rid of a dangerous dictator. Maybe you agree or disagree with the programs, but he did things.

Thank God your man lost.  This is exactly the kind of thinking that empowered terrorists in the Middle East throughout the 90's.

100981[/snapback]

My question is how do you ever stop it..there has been terrorism since the beginning of time..so we catch OBL...how do we stop the thousands of young 12 year old Muslim boys he has influenced, go door to door and kill them....as much as we would like to...we cannot influence the whole world...other people in the world do not care to have our values, our beliefs...terrorism has hit home....but no way we stop all terrorism...in this world terrorism is a factory...we stop a few...a few more appear. i really think that is the reality of it.

PJ,

That's right.  If he doesn't come through on some or most of his promises I too will be looking for the person who can.  But last time, we got tax break, reform of medicare, reform of 401k, tighter security after 9-11, education reform for the first time in 70 years, got rid of a dangerous dictator.  Maybe you agree or disagree with the programs, but he did things.

101229[/snapback]

The tax break topic really gets me...here is $300 dollars if you are single..why don't you go out and spend it on stimulating the economy...I was in the navy when that happened...Majority of my friends and shipmates used that money to pay off debt already incured. Hope you are not implying that NCLB was successful education reform?

The tax break topic really gets me...here is $300 dollars if you are single..why don't you go out and spend it on stimulating the economy...I was in the navy when that happened...Majority of my friends and shipmates used that money to pay off debt already incured.  Hope you are not implying that NCLB was successful education reform?

101242[/snapback]

I do believe NCLB has been effective. It needs to be tweeked, with a big stipulation being if states take money from the feds they are not permitted to reduce their education funding levels, like has occurred in Virginia. That is unfair to the children and the teachers.

My question is how do you ever stop it..there has been terrorism since the beginning of time..so we catch OBL...how do we stop the thousands of young 12 year old Muslim boys he has influenced, go door to door and kill them....as much as we would like to...we cannot influence the whole world...other people in the world do not care to have our values, our beliefs...terrorism has hit home....but no way we stop all terrorism...in this world terrorism is a factory...we stop a few...a few more appear. i really think that is the reality of it.

You stop terrorism by successfully reforming the Middle East. Bush's policy in doing this is brilliant because he is using our military to remove tyrants and help secure the countries, while at the same time leaving it up to the nations to establish their own form of democracy. When it's all said and done in Afghanistan and Iraq, people won't be able to say they have puppet governments. This template can then be used in other countries, even beyond the region (e.g., SE Asia). Option A is you guys do it yourself without needing the U.S. involved. Option B is we come in and take care of your government and then leave you to do your own freewill. At the end, any islamofacist terrorists remaining who still despise freedom and democracy will have plenty of targets to go after without bothering us.

I do believe NCLB has been effective.  It needs to be tweeked, with a big stipulation being if states take money from the feds they are not permitted to reduce their education funding levels, like has occurred in Virginia.  That is unfair to the children and the teachers.

101252[/snapback]

I agree about the tweaking...In my little world in Chesapeake, VA...its has been a burden to educators and local governments..there for, not sucessful here

You stop terrorism by successfully reforming the Middle East.  Bush's policy in doing this is brilliant because he is using our military to remove tyrants and help secure the countries, while at the same time leaving it up to the nations to establish their own form of democracy.  When it's all said and done in Afghanistan and Iraq, people won't be able to say they have puppet governments.  This template can then be used in other countries, even beyond the region (e.g., SE Asia).  Option A is you guys do it yourself without needing the U.S. involved.  Option B is we come in and take care of your government and then leave you to do your own freewill.  At the end, any islamofacist terrorists remaining who still despise freedom and democracy will have plenty of targets to go after without bothering us.

101278[/snapback]

Your post is well written...but i feel your comments represent a fantasy world, not reality....you have Israel in the middle of all this....they aer more stuborn than us...watch out..Syria will become our next Iraq.

You stop terrorism by successfully reforming the Middle East.  Bush's policy in doing this is brilliant because he is using our military to remove tyrants and help secure the countries, while at the same time leaving it up to the nations to establish their own form of democracy.  When it's all said and done in Afghanistan and Iraq, people won't be able to say they have puppet governments.  This template can then be used in other countries, even beyond the region (e.g., SE Asia).  Option A is you guys do it yourself without needing the U.S. involved.  Option B is we come in and take care of your government and then leave you to do your own freewill.  At the end, any islamofacist terrorists remaining who still despise freedom and democracy will have plenty of targets to go after without bothering us.

101278[/snapback]

I agree with another poster...Fantasy. We are NOT going to reform other countries. Do you not realise MOST of the Iraq People don't want us there? Has this not occured to anyone?

"Option B is we come in and take care of your government and then leave you to do your own freewill."

Maybe their 'freewill' is blowing each other up? But hey, we the big bad US are going to go into another country with guns blazing and say "We are going to 'help' aka FORCE you into democracy". Nice...real nice. When we leave, things will go back to the way they were.

Again, defend our own borders. THAT was the real problem in the first place. AMERICAN ARROGANCE! Reports were there that said they were planning something. Instead of acting the top dogs went "Nah are you kidding me? Attack the US? BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA."..........BOOM!

Hey ICE, I was gonna jump in the fray, but it dawned on me that the only difference between your post and the one from BF yesterday is that BF didn't want to hang around. So instead of me typing everything again...HERE YA GO....

And Ice, you may want to change your affliliation. Based on how your thinking, you're a lot of things, but a Republican is not one of them. :w00t:

101124[/snapback]

Let me help you on this....Fix your own house first. some here say that isn't the way it works. Really? So we can't feed the poor, create new jobs AND defend against terrorism? hell put me in office I gurandamntee I can do it. But then again I don't have an AGENDA.

Getting the US on track is priority #1 to me. Not 'reforming' some 3rd world country. Again, DEFEND against terrorism, get rid of the delusion that we will END terrorism. not gonna happen.

BTW...dont' !@#$ing tell me what I am or am not. I fought in one of these stupid ass messes. I don't believe in killing babys, Gay's / Gay marrage nor anyone getting anything for Free. I work for a damn living. So NO I am far from being a Dem.

Majority of my friends and shipmates used that money to pay off debt already incured.

And I'd bet $100 that after paying down their credit cards, most of them went out and ran their credit cards up again.

Do you not realise MOST of the Iraq People don't want us there? Has this not occured to anyone?

I wonder how true this statement is, or if you're just busy reading the NY Times. If they want us out, it's so they can take care of themselves right now because they may see us as an occupier. But I think your statement is more false than true, unless you have some surveys of late that we haven't seen.

And I'd bet $100 that after paying down their credit cards, most of them went out and ran their credit cards up again.

I wonder how true this statement is, or if you're just busy reading the NY Times.  If they want us out, it's so they can take care of themselves right now because they may see us as an occupier. But I think your statement is more false than true, unless you have some surveys of late that we haven't seen.

101347[/snapback]

No paco I have BEEN THERE. I have friends there NOW. THEY DON'T WANT US THERE. Now go read whatever propoganda you want. Been there, seen it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree Ice because I believe we are, to a large extent, taking care of our own house by doing what we're doing in the Middle East.

I also find it interesting that you say you want to feed the poor but you don't want to give out anything for free and you should work for what you get. Which one is it?

No paco I have BEEN THERE. I have friends there NOW. THEY DON'T WANT US THERE.  Now go read whatever propoganda you want. Been there, seen it.

101350[/snapback]

You've been in Iraq since the war started? How many friends do you have there?

I don't believe in killing babys, Gay's / Gay marrage nor anyone getting anything for Free.  I work for a damn living. So NO I am far from being a Dem.

101342[/snapback]

So you assert that all Dems condone killing babies, gay marriage, getting everything for free, and don't work for a living?

Wow, if W wants to heal the rift, he better start with you.

Maybe you agree or disagree with the programs, but he did things.

That's where so many of us differ. I don't just want things done, I want things that will work for our long term benefit done. So far I disagree with the effectiveness of what has been done regarding many issues, and whether it was the best option. We shall see.

You've been in Iraq since the war started? How many friends do you have there?

101356[/snapback]

Please stop. Now you are just getting stupid. I have SEVERAL Friends in the military over there right now. and YES I was there in the last one. They didn't want us then, they don't want us now.

Yeah DC it can be done by ANYONE. now lets see the guy that is BACK in office "Get er' done"

Lastly Paco...JOBS. MORE JOBS, less unemployment. That is a damn good start.

GWB+RE=GW+CE

JK=MM

Whereas:

GWB=George Walker Bush

RE=Re-election

GW=Gregg Williams

CE=Contract extension

JK=John Kerry

MM=Mike Mularkey

As Bill's fans and Americans we are screwed no matter which way we look at it.

As a Bill's fan, I guess it is better having MM for 4 years... You just don't know how he will turn out, which gives one hope.

<_<