ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

goynahan

Guest dog14787
Relax. Dave and Busters is a place for young people. He probably liked it a lot more than a stodgy high class restaurant and the Bills could learn more about him seeing him having fun. JMO

If you really liked a player, by making it look like its nothing special probably draws less attention if its viewed as just going through the formality's. Creates a smoke screen of sorts

I know I like him, I like him allot, OK, OK, I admit it, its infectious, I caught it, I have Pettigrew love :thumbsup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This was essentially a job interview....if I flew somewhere for a job interview and they took me out to Dave and Busters, I'd have had some big questions about the quality of the company. You don't give someone an option, you take them somewhere that will impress them. Maybe football is a different world because these guys have never had a job in the real world....but somehow I doubt that the cowboys would ever dream of taking a prospect to a crappy chain restaurant.

Guest dog14787
This was essentially a job interview....if I flew somewhere for a job interview and they took me out to Dave and Busters, I'd have had some big questions about the quality of the company. You don't give someone an option, you take them somewhere that will impress them. Maybe football is a different world because these guys have never had a job in the real world....but somehow I doubt that the cowboys would ever dream of taking a prospect to a crappy chain restaurant.

Jerry Jones is the Dracula of Football though,he wants to drink your blood :thumbsup:

Ya, they decided to hold their interview at Dave and Busters..... :thumbsup:

Really?? That's what you think??

The interviews take place at OBD, the dinner was a gesture that most NFL teams do when they bring someone in from out of town. I don't think they were grilling the kid while battling over a winner-takes-all do or die game of Air Hockey. Nice try, though :thumbsup:

While I agree that Dave & Busters does not come close to showcasing the many great restraunts in Buffalo. It's not the most important issue leading up to the draft. I am worried they will try and outsmart everybody and draft an Ohio State DB at #11

I gotta admit, if I'm being "wooed" by a NFL team at Dave & Buster's I'm having some questions about their practices (especially a team that has a reputation as being cheap). Maybe if we draft him they will take him to Texas Road House to celebrate, allowing him to get whatever he wants off the menu!... It may not seem like a big deal to some but for Christ's sake if you don't take him to the Buffalo chophouse or something like that, at least take him to Chef's or some local eatery that will give him a feel for the area and some great food (instead of some chain restauraunt).

The Bills hardly need to "woo" their first draft pick. This isn't a FA we are talking about. Now, of course you want him to have a good experience at some level, but you are probably better off taking him to a place he can be more naturally himself, if you are trying to find out if you want to make him your first pick. In a way, HE should be selling the Bills, because if he's available when they are picking (at #11 or somewhere else) and they pass...then falls at least one more spot, and makes less money.

Will you relax! Who really cares where the FO took Brandon Pettigrew to eat. Are you serious? Who really cares about a rock head who is over rated in Willis Mcgahee? I just care if the guy can play football, and im sure thats all the Fo cares about too. Stop wasting your time and energy on such an irrelevant issue!!

Who really cares about a rock head who is over rated in Willis Mcgahee?

Are you suggesting he would be more fairly rated if Willis McGahee were in him?

The Bills hardly need to "woo" their first draft pick. This isn't a FA we are talking about. Now, of course you want him to have a good experience at some level, but you are probably better off taking him to a place he can be more naturally himself, if you are trying to find out if you want to make him your first pick. In a way, HE should be selling the Bills, because if he's available when they are picking (at #11 or somewhere else) and they pass...then falls at least one more spot, and makes less money.

Bingo. A team doesn't try to impress draft picks, a team interviews draft picks. It's the responsibility of the kid to come to Buffalo and do all he can to impress the Bills so they want to pick him - not the other way around.

Bingo. A team doesn't try to impress draft picks, a team interviews draft picks. It's the responsibility of the kid to come to Buffalo and do all he can to impress the Bills so they want to pick him - not the other way around.

This can't be true. What am I supposed to be upset about, then?

I gotta admit, if I'm being "wooed" by a NFL team at Dave & Buster's I'm having some questions about their practices (especially a team that has a reputation as being cheap). Maybe if we draft him they will take him to Texas Road House to celebrate, allowing him to get whatever he wants off the menu!... It may not seem like a big deal to some but for Christ's sake if you don't take him to the Buffalo chophouse or something like that, at least take him to Chef's or some local eatery that will give him a feel for the area and some great food (instead of some chain restauraunt).

PUNCH!

:wallbash:

As stated above he was probably given the choice. I love how people are so quick to jump on the Bills for being cheap. Do some research before making those comments. :P

*JIM MORA VOICE*

PLAYOFFS are we talkin about PLAYOFFS...im mean DAVE AND BUSTERS ARE YOU KINDDNG ME WE ARE TALKING DAVE AND BUSTERS...LMAO..

is it really that serious i didnt go nowhere when i did my job interview just a 4 x 10 square room...its and INTERVIEW what the hell the supposed to max out on a player they may not draft...SERIOUSLY... :wallbash::P:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::death: