Patriots trying to move into the top 10

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez................ SURPRISE, SURPRISE,SURPRISE. :thumbsup:

I would seriously lol if that was true. I know he played in a more pro style offense at USC but I would have some misgivings about drafting a USC guy to throw the ball in December in New England.

Yes I realize the Bills have Trent Edwards as their starting QB.

Can everyone relax? I find it highly unlikely that the Patriots are moving into the top 10 for a TE, especially in a class this deep. The Patriots have been the best in years are manipulating the draft, so this talk - whether subterfuge or not - should not surprise anybody. If they are looking to move up, though, I would be shocked if it's for a TE. With Watson and Thomas, LB and DB are much bigger needs for them and there are some good players in the first round around where they pick. If anything, I would see them moving up for Tyson Jackson to supplant Richard Seymour eventually.

Newsflash: they really don't draft for need - they draft the best players for their system.

I can see the Patriots trying to work-out a potential trade with Jax, should the player they want be there. And the Jags saying no (good for them!).

And it could very well be Pettigrew. I remember Belichick, when he was HC of the Browns, trading-up to try and take TE Kyle Brady in the 1995 draft, only to see the Jets take him the pick before. Belichick reportedly blew a gasket, traded-down, and selected JJ Stokes.

Here is a link to the article and King thinks its Tyson Jackson, which makes no sense at all because he isn't in anyone boards in the top ten. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...tml?eref=sircrc

However the Patriots have been trying to upgrade the CB for years and are still looking. This years DB's are like the DT's in that there are only a few worth anything and it is my guess that they are after Malcom Jenkins, who the Packers are looking hard at. Its why they wanted to make a trade with the Jags who pick before GB.

1 Detroit Lions 0-16

2 St. Louis Rams 2-14

3 Kansas City Chiefs 2-14

4 Seattle Seahawks 4-12

5 Cleveland Browns 4-12

6 Cincinnati Bengals 4-11-1

7 Oakland Raiders 5-11

8 Jacksonville Jaguars 5-11

9 Green Bay Packer

Think about it,if the Pats wanted Pettigrew then why wouldn't they try and make a deal with SF who picks right before the Bills. That makes more sense then going up 3 spots when they only need to go up one.

Its Malcom Jenkins who is the 13th best player available, it could also be DE's #14 Tyson Jackson or #15 Robert Ayers.

Update:

Andre Smith, Malcolm Jenkins on Patriots radar screen?...

Christopher L. Gasper of Boston.com reports if the Patriots are successful in moving up in the draft, their possible targets are left tackle Andre Smith of Alabama and cornerback Malcolm Jenkins of Ohio State.

Smokescreen

The Chiefs supposedly offered the #3 overall pick as part of the Cassell trade, but the Pats* didn't want to have pay for the #3 pick

In order to get back in to the top 10, the Pats* would now have to give up even more to acquire something they could have already had

Smokescreen

The Chiefs supposedly offered the #3 overall pick as part of the Cassell trade, but the Pats* didn't want to have pay for the #3 pick

In order to get back in to the top 10, the Pats* would now have to give up even more to acquire something they could have already had

Piolo will probably trade the #3 and end up with an extra #1 next year

he will operate as he did in NE

stockpiling picks

Smokescreen

The Chefs never offered the 3rd overall for Cassel. Because if they had and the Pats refused it, they would have at least taken the Chefs' 3rd rounder, if not 4th as well.