Idol Last Night

WWVaBeach

-No surprises last night. Anoop and Lil getting bounced could have been predicted before they even performed on Tuesday.

-Matt will probably get bounced next week and then I think it may be somewhat unpredicatable. When they got down to the final 12, I thought it would be a final between Adam and Allison. Now, I'm not so sure about her.

-Paula and Simon were TV gold on Tuesday. Paula's comments about Chris shopping in a ladies store followed by Simon's comments about needing a translator were great. This was followed up later in the show with Simon mouthing the word "what" while Paula was just babbling on. :huh:

-The judges(especially Simon) are very capable of swaying the voting and it is clear that they would love to see Adam win. He definitely has the best chance of selling a ton of records.

-I've mentioned this earlier in the season, but DVR is the way to go with AI. I've become so accustomed to it, that watching it live is torture.

Yes it's about time Lil and Anoop were booted. Lil was a huge disappointment this season.

Matt is the weakest Idol left, after that it's anyone's guess. Kris has shown that he can win it all this season. Personally I think Danny & Allison should be the finalists. Yet Allison has been in the bottom three on three different occasions, which leads me to believe that she is not fan favorite, which is a shame. Then there is the overrated shrieker, Adam, who for some reason has been annointed the next rock god.

Finally, you are so right about Idol being watched on DVR. Live is extremely painful, especially Ryan Seacrest's attempts at keeping things dramatic. Just read the results Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for that scenario. :unsure:

Yeah, I was hoping that too. :w00t: Based on song choice and performance Danny should have been the one who got the boot. He butchered that song! :P At least Michael Johns, from last season, sang it perfectly. ;)

Gwen Stefani looked HOT as always last night...she hasn't changed at all in the last ten years. :P

Gokey butchered one of the greatest rock songs of all time, and probably my personal favorite. If there's any justice in the world, next week Lambert and K.Allen will hold Gokey down while Steven Tyler kicks him square in the balls.

Gwen Stefani looked HOT as always last night...she hasn't changed at all in the last ten years. :P

Gokey butchered one of the greatest rock songs of all time, and probably my personal favorite. If there's any justice in the world, next week Lambert and K.Allen will hold Gokey down while Steven Tyler kicks him square in the balls.

:w00t: Is Steven Tyler coaching them next week??

Yeah, I was hoping that too. :unsure: Based on song choice and performance Danny should have been the one who got the boot. He butchered that song! :w00t: At least Michael Johns, from last season, sang it perfectly. ;)

You got that right. On both counts! :P

Going to see No Doubt at Darien Lake in June. Can't wait! :P

Wow, Darien Lake....lots of good memories there :w00t:

I can't believe how fast time flies as you get older....things that seem like they were only yesterday were actually twenty years ago :unsure:

I personally believe the vote was just ok. Someone good (and they all are good) had to go, it happens every season. At this point I have no prediction as to who will win. Daugtry sounded good and it's about time he's putting out a new album. Excuse me...CD.

Very unfortunate that Allison got booted, she should have been one of the remaining two.

I'm hoping that Danny & Kris are the finalists. Yes Danny was weak in his last performance, but he is the best contestant this year. I thought Kris was a longshot to win this year, but he has really nailed his performances for the last 4-5 weeks and he could win it all. Enough of Adam already. He should have been sent home this week, he's just a sideshow attraction. Yes he can hit the high notes, but that's all he does. Do not believe the hype that is Adam.

It wasn't a big surprise that Allison got the boot. It came down to likeability more than the actual song. But she is young and very talented. Although she sang the song well, it was a bad song choice. The Adam and Allison duet was pretty good as well, although Adam's beetle juice pants were a bit disturbing. Gokey was horrible and it was an absolute ridiculous song choice. He could have brought the house down with a southern rock song. But he's talented and likeable and he should make the finals along with Adam. The Danny and Kris duet was decent. Kris was average and most likely will be gone next week. Adam was the best of the night by far.

Is it just me or did anyone else hate Lambert's rendition of "One"? I thought he butchered the melody of a great song. And I also thought that the "Crying" arrangement was too frenetic and had too much of the background singer. I honestly think he could be gone tonight.

Gokey's and Kris's "judges choice" songs were weak; but they were great on their own choices.

Is it just me or did anyone else hate Lambert's rendition of "One"? I thought he butchered the melody of a great song. And I also thought that the "Crying" arrangement was too frenetic and had too much of the background singer. I honestly think he could be gone tonight.

Gokey's and Kris's "judges choice" songs were weak; but they were great on their own choices.

I agree. I thought that guy was HORRIBLE. I don't see the what people see in him. The guy who did Dance Little Sister also ruined a good song. I thought that Chris kid was the best by far.

Definitely not just you, his screeching is getting very old. I cannot imagine seeing that guy in concert and listening to song after song like that. I thought Paula's song choice was ridiculous, but Danny did decent with it. His second song was a great choice. Kris's second song was excellent. This could be an interesting vote tonight!

Definitely not just you, his screeching is getting very old. I cannot imagine seeing that guy in concert and listening to song after song like that. I thought Paula's song choice was ridiculous, but Danny did decent with it. His second song was a great choice. Kris's second song was excellent. This could be an interesting vote tonight!

I was thinking the same thing last night after watching the show. I don't know if I could even sit and listen to a whole CD of his. :lol: My pick for the winner is Kris! He seems to have the whole singer/song writer package. Which is what I like in an artist. :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
I was thinking the same thing last night after watching the show. I don't know if I could even sit and listen to a whole CD of his. :lol: My pick for the winner is Kris! He seems to have the whole singer/song writer package. Which is what I like in an artist. :thumbsup:

I originally thought Adam Lambert would be able to win hands down, but Kris had the best night in my opinion.

Lamberts song choice "Crying" was the worst song choice he's ever made and some of his higher notes are more mouth and air then anything.

Pushing Heavy metal for Adam Lambert is a mistake in my opinion.

Its a mad world was by far one of my favorites from Adam Lambert and he connects with the audience in a magic way when he shows his soft side.

Kid reminds me of Elvis bigtime.