The Craigslist Killer

Have any of you folks ever used Craigslist? I have. I have had general overall success. I was ripped off once. I have decided to let the predator B word live...for now. People are stupid. Why do people think that they do not have permanent fingerprints or footprints, so to speak, when you do stuff on the Internet. This guy was a Medical student, and it is starting to look like he was going to be a future serial killer. But Fini. Over. Fool boy gets caught. Only one dead chick. Jerk. And he's from upstate NY. Lovely. Now, I will be the first one to say you are innocent until proven guilty, so I will back off this one for now. Technology folks, a curse and a blessing. But the evidence is mounting. This guy looks more guilty than Casey Anthony.

Just because it's the internet doesn't make it safe. Au contraire.

Last weekend in a Seattle suburb, some guy found a mint Honda Accord on Craigslist. He called and talked to the "owner", a woman. She agreed to lower the price to $3600 IF he paid cash, that evening. And she said he had to come late, around 11 pm, giving some excuse for it being so late.

Guy shows up, with his mom. The "owner" has a guy with her who whips out a hammer, clobbers them both and takes their cash.

I have never had a bad experience with people I've met over the web (except the occasional wingnut here with a stick up his butt); however I don't assume that just because someone is "web-savvy" they're also a nice person.

This is a very tough lesson, obviously for the victims, but for anyone else who thinks that "stranger danger" is something only 5-year olds have to worry about.

Have any of you folks ever used Craigslist? I have. I have had general overall success. I was ripped off once. I have decided to let the predator B word live...for now. People are stupid. Why do people think that they do not have permanent fingerprints or footprints, so to speak, when you do stuff on the Internet. This guy was a Medical student, and it is starting to look like he was going to be a future serial killer. But Fini. Over. Fool boy gets caught. Only one dead chick. Jerk. And he's from upstate NY. Lovely. Now, I will be the first one to say you are innocent until proven guilty, so I will back off this one for now. Technology folks, a curse and a blessing. But the evidence is mounting. This guy looks more guilty than Casey Anthony.

It is scary. The stupid thing is that he used Craigslist for his crimes. A very easy way to track him down IMO.

BTW, don't let Deano see this thread. He doesn't like it when people presume guilt before a trial. :lol:

BTW, don't let Deano see this thread. He doesn't like it when people presume guilt before a trial. :lol:

Yeah, I hate the Constitution. So do the kids at Duke who had their lives ruined by the media and were found to be the victims of heinous prosecutorial misconduct.

Heaven forbid the media not sensationalize everything. On the radio yesterday they reported a search of "Craigslist Killer's" home ended up finding "duct tape, zip ties, a semi-automatic weapon, and ammunition". It's time to start putting about half of middle class adults in jail based on that bounty.

Yeah, I hate the Constitution. So do the kids at Duke who had their lives ruined by the media and were found to be the victims of heinous prosecutorial misconduct.

Heaven forbid the media not sensationalize everything. On the radio yesterday they reported a search of "Craigslist Killer's" home ended up finding "duct tape, zip ties, a semi-automatic weapon, and ammunition". It's time to start putting about half of middle class adults in jail based on that bounty.

Yeah, God forbid anyone look objectively at the evidence. The stuff in his house is pretty much meaningless now. I like how you focus on that because a semi-automatic weapon was mentioned and that's what really bothers you. :lol:

Yeah, God forbid anyone look objectively at the evidence. The stuff in his house is pretty much meaningless now. I like how you focus on that because a semi-automatic weapon was mentioned and that's what really bothers you. :lol:

But you are not looking objectively at the evidence you nitwit! Or are you prepared to articulate the defense's case for us too? It's the jury's job to look objectively at the evidence, and it's pretty obvious that his point was that we should wait for that to happen rather than convicting him in the media while stoking fears about the 'right wing' boogyman. :)

I used Craigslist to sell three apartments in Hoboken and NYC. Obviously no broker's fee for any. My experience has been very positive, although I'm not seeking "erotic services," from someone who will come to a random hotel room.

It works great for selling sh--. Much easier than eBay.

For the transaction handoff, I always meet somewhere public (Starbucks, Wal-Mart parking lot, etc.). Not because I think there's some sort of killer around the corner but just because it makes sense. Like someone else said, it's also not like I'm in the market for massage services. I've used it to buy/sell guitars, workout equipment, a couple of bikes, etc. Always been positive.

My wife has sold a few things on Craigslist. Two of our cars and household stuff when we moved. But several times she got weird requests. One was the guy emailed her and said he was blind so he couldn't take a look at the stuff first, a pre-requisite for my wife when selling stuff. He said he would just come over and buy the stuff unseen so to speak. She said, no thanks. My wife's cynicism runs deep and that's a good thing. I was always nervous when she had someone come over to test drive the cars when I wasn't home but she pays very close attention to what they say and how they say it when they call.

I used Craigslist to sell three apartments in Hoboken and NYC. Obviously no broker's fee for any. My experience has been very positive, although I'm not seeking "erotic services," from someone who will come to a random hotel room.

Well, the gal the ripped me off was for a ride share. I was trying to get from Dallas to Atlanta and I filled her car up with gas gave her forty bucks. She wanted to get a bite to eat at Wendys. I used the bathroom and she was gone. Got my bag too, with all my clothes. I'll never be that stupid or trusting again. I was able to track her down though, because she been doing other scams on Craigslist for a while. There is now an arrest warrent for her in Texas, thanks to me. So I've decided not to kill her, and just let Karma take care of it.

Well, the gal the ripped me off was for a ride share. I was trying to get from Dallas to Atlanta and I filled her car up with gas gave her forty bucks. She wanted to get a bite to eat at Wendys. I used the bathroom and she was gone. Got my bag too, with all my clothes. I'll never be that stupid or trusting again. I was able to track her down though, because she been doing other scams on Craigslist for a while. There is now an arrest warrent for her in Texas, thanks to me. So I've decided not to kill her, and just let Karma take care of it.

I used Craiglist to buy and sell goods. Any exchange of services is dubious.

My wife has sold a few things on Craigslist. Two of our cars and household stuff when we moved. But several times she got weird requests. One was the guy emailed her and said he was blind so he couldn't take a look at the stuff first, a pre-requisite for my wife when selling stuff. He said he would just come over and buy the stuff unseen so to speak. She said, no thanks. My wife's cynicism runs deep and that's a good thing. I was always nervous when she had someone come over to test drive the cars when I wasn't home but she pays very close attention to what they say and how they say it when they call.

I would never have allowed that.

Have used Craigslist. Rented out a house and got a tenant that is beyond super. She paints the interior (we buy the paint), she mows the lawn, planted flowers (says she loves yard work). House is clean, well kept. She's always on time with the rent. Tells us if there is a problem before it gets serious (i.e., leaky hose bib). I had better luck with craigslist than I did with the local newspaper where the people trashed the place and moved out in four months.

Yeah, God forbid anyone look objectively at the evidence. The stuff in his house is pretty much meaningless now. I like how you focus on that because a semi-automatic weapon was mentioned and that's what really bothers you. :thumbsup:

My "objection" is totally about the reporting and has nothing to do with the fact that a "semi-automatic" weapon was mentioned. I'm not sure how anyone can "objectively" look at "evidence" being "reported" by the mass media.

But thanks for proving once again, beyond reasonable doubt, that you are a moron who can only process buzzwords and not actual information.

My "objection" is totally about the reporting and has nothing to do with the fact that a "semi-automatic" weapon was mentioned. I'm not sure how anyone can "objectively" look at "evidence" being "reported" by the mass media.

But thanks for proving once again, beyond reasonable doubt, that you are a moron who can only process buzzwords and not actual information.

I am with you on that one brother. But Geeze, if they truly found items that belonged to those women victims in his apartment, and a gun in a hollowed out book, and if because of his IP address, they can truly tie him to the internet Craigslist correspondence setting up those meetings, and because of his cell phone pings or whatever, and the video surveillance from the hotel showing him there at the time of the crime, it doesn't look good for this dude. Sometimes a cigar is more than a just a cigar.

Have used Craigslist. Rented out a house and got a tenant that is beyond super. She paints the interior (we buy the paint), she mows the lawn, planted flowers (says she loves yard work). House is clean, well kept. She's always on time with the rent. Tells us if there is a problem before it gets serious (i.e., leaky hose bib). I had better luck with craigslist than I did with the local newspaper where the people trashed the place and moved out in four months.

Yeah right, she's doing gardening in the back yard. I'd check the crawl space as soon as she move out. It's always the nice ones.

I am with you on that one brother. But Geeze, if they truly found items that belonged to those women victims in his apartment, and a gun in a hollowed out book, and if because of his IP address, they can truly tie him to the internet Craigslist correspondence setting up those meetings, and because of his cell phone pings or whatever, and the video surveillance from the hotel showing him there at the time of the crime, it doesn't look good for this dude. Sometimes a cigar is more than a just a cigar.

None of that stuff was reported with the stuff I mentioned. The report was literally: "A search of the suspect's apartment netted zip ties, duct tape, a semi-automatic weapon, and ammunition.

I don't care about the guy at all and am not following the story. I'm simply making an observation on the media and how they reported these particular "details".