When did Baked Beans become Pork & Beans??????

The Poojer

And how and why did we let this happen??? Baked beans are supposed to have a thick(if any) sauce, pork and beans are supposed to be a much 'soupier' sauce. Every baked beans can I have gotten recently have been in the 'soupier' pork and beans style. I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it any more!!!!! :beer::thumbsup:

And how and why did we let this happen??? Baked beans are supposed to have a thick(if any) sauce, pork and beans are supposed to be a much 'soupier' sauce. Every baked beans can I have gotten recently have been in the 'soupier' pork and beans style. I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it any more!!!!! :beer::thumbsup:

I don't know pooj, but I noticed the same thing last summer, when I wanted to make a pan of baked beans. I had to thicken it up with brown sugar and some other spices and some mustard, even then it wasn't the consistency I was looking for... had to bake the sumbitch for quite a while to get the desired effect!

I'm with you though, I'm on baked bean crusade to bring back "our fathers" baked beans dammit!!!

And due to my unhealthy and irrational dislike for anything from Mass. or the greater New England area, I WILL NOT tolerate BOSTON baked bean either!!! :beer:

And how and why did we let this happen??? Baked beans are supposed to have a thick(if any) sauce, pork and beans are supposed to be a much 'soupier' sauce. Every baked beans can I have gotten recently have been in the 'soupier' pork and beans style. I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it any more!!!!! :worthy::lol:

If you cook them without a lid on the sauce will thicken. :)

And how and why did we let this happen??? Baked beans are supposed to have a thick(if any) sauce, pork and beans are supposed to be a much 'soupier' sauce. Every baked beans can I have gotten recently have been in the 'soupier' pork and beans style. I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it any more!!!!! :):lol:

When did ground beef on a bun become a "hamburger"?

And how and why did we let this happen??? Baked beans are supposed to have a thick(if any) sauce, pork and beans are supposed to be a much 'soupier' sauce. Every baked beans can I have gotten recently have been in the 'soupier' pork and beans style. I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it any more!!!!! :):lol:

Tell me about it. I'm a vegetarian. I like baked beans. I've never understood the need to always throw pork into an otherwise nice dish.

Don’t get me started on vegetable soup with chicken stock as the first ingredient.