Bandit's Mock

Well, I promised to do one, and here it is. Note that these picks are from the perspective of how I see the draft falling, not necessarily what I would do if I were the team on the clock.

1. Detroit Lions – Matthew Stafford - QB/Georgia – New QB = Culture change, which the Lions desperately need.

2. St. Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe - OT/Virginia – Rams need an athletic LT, Monroe is the most natural LT in the draft.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith - OT/Baylor – I just can’t get comfortable with the idea that the Chiefs will take an ILB at No. 3, so they get a franchise tackle to pair with Branden Albert.

4. Seattle Seahawks - Mark Sanchez - QB/USC – Sanchez’s value here is unquestioned, and Matt Hasselbeck is no spring chicken.

5. Cleveland Browns - Aaron Curry - LB/Wake Forest – A defensive playmaker for a head coach that loves them.

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Smith - OT/Alabama – Bengals badly need an infusion of talent at OT, and they’re not the type of team concerned with Smith’s character issues.

7. Oakland Raiders - Derrius Heyward-Bey - WR/Maryland – Surprise pick of the top 10? We know Al Davis loves size and speed, and they don’t get any bigger and faster than DHB. Is this pick a reach? I don’t know, remember this is the same team that once spent the No. 17 overall pick on a kicker.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Crabtree - WR/Texas Tech – Although the Jaguars really want to trade out of this spot, Crabtree is just too good to pass up.

9. Green Bay Packers - B.J. Raji - DT/Boston College – The Packers grab a big anchor to man the nose tackle spot in their new 3-4 look.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Michael Oher - OT/Ole Miss – Oher can step in at RT and provide the stout run blocking that San Francisco needs.

11. Buffalo Bills – Robert Ayers - DE/Tennessee – Not what I’d prefer (I’d rather take a LB and get a DE at 28), but the Bills need a pass rusher, and this regime always drafts for need. I just have a feeling that they’ll take Ayers, the fastest-rising DE prospect.

12. Denver Broncos - Tyson Jackson - DE/LSU – Denver is another team transitioning to the 3-4, and Jackson is perfectly suited to play the 5-technique role.

13. Washington Redskins - Brian Orakpo - DE/Texas – The Redskins need a pass rushing presence, and they’re said to like Orakpo quite a bit.

14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins - CB/Ohio State – Will Jenkins play FS or CB? Doesn’t matter, New Orleans could use either, and it’s his ball skills that they’re after.

15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews - LB/USC – Match made in heaven. A coverage linebacker that can blitz, and who’s uncle had a Hall-of-Fame career in this very city.

16. San Diego Chargers - Brian Cushing - LB/USC – Without a dire need at any position, the Chargers could take a RB here, but A.J. Smith loves defensive playmakers and Cushing is a local boy that can play ILB in their 3-4.

17. New York Jets - Jeremy Maclin - WR/Missouri – I know the sexy pick is Freeman, but I’ve got a feeling that Rex Ryan is going to let Ratliff and Clemens battle it out for one year, so they instead stop Maclin’s precipitous slide.

18. Denver Broncos (f/ Chi) - Everette Brown - DE/Florida State – Having nabbed a stout DL at 12, they come back for their edge rusher with Brown. I don’t expect to see a QB in their draft class at all.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman - QB/Kansas State – They can’t be counting on Luke McCown or Byron Leftwich, so that means (in my mind) that they must be targeting Freeman.

20. Detroit Lions (f/ Dal) - Peria Jerry - DT/Ole Miss – Head coach Jim Schwartz grabs a penetrating DT that can play the Albert Haynesworth role for the Lions.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno - RB/Georgia – With their need at OT addressed, the Eagles move on to getting some much-needed backfield help for Brian Westbrook.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Eben Britton - OT/Arizona – With the loss of Matt Birk, the Vikings appear set to move RT Ryan Cook back to his natural position of center. Britton makes sense here, as he’s the best tackle left on the board.

23. New England Patriots - Darius Butler - CB/Connecticut – Belichick loves do-it-all players, and Butler can cover, tackle, blitz, you name it.

24. Atlanta Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew - TE/Oklahoma State – Atlanta has some options here, as they could go either DE or LB, but I think Pettigrew is too good to pass up at No. 24.

25. Miami Dolphins - Aaron Maybin - DE/Penn State – I think the Maybin slide stops here, where Parcells would love to add a rush LB to pair with Joey Porter.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Hakeem Nicks - WR/North Carolina – Baltimore wants a big wide-out for Joe Flacco, and Nicks brings not only size, but polished route-running ability.

27. Indianapolis Colts – James Laurinaitis - LB/Ohio State – The Colts let starter Freddie Keiaho walk out the door, and are down to only 2 LBs with starting experience. Laurinaitis would give them some instant pop in their front 7.

28. Buffalo Bills (f/ Car via Phi) - William Beatty - OT/Connecticut – Regardless of how high Buffalo may be on Demetrius Bell, Langston Walker, or Kirk Chambers, it would be wise for them to add another talent to the mix at LT.

29. New York Giants - Kenny Britt - WR/Rutgers – This pick could belong to the Browns if the Braylon Edwards deal goes down, but either way, Britt is a steady WR with enough speed to warrant a round 1 selection.

30. Tennessee Titans - Percy Harvin - WR/Florida – His stock has dropped due to a positive drug test and some “where does he fit?” style questions, but Tennessee needs offensive playmakers and they won’t hesitate to take a chance on talent.

31. Arizona Cardinals - Chris Wells - RB/Ohio State – The Cardinals want to upgrade their running game, and a top-flight RB could do the trick. There’s a great chance that Donald Brown goes here, which would drop the heretofore highly touted Wells out of the draft’s opening round.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers – Vontae Davis - CB/Illinois – With Bryant McFadden defecting to Arizona, Pittsburgh will take the best player on the board and fill a need simultaneously. They could also look to move up in round 2 to get OT help.

Round 2

33. Detroit Lions - Rey Maualuga - LB/USC

34. New England Patriots (f/ KC) - Larry English - DE/Northern Illinois

35. St. Louis Rams - Evander Hood - DT/Missouri

36. Cleveland Browns - Brian Robiskie - WR/Ohio State

37. Seattle Seahawks - Donald Brown - RB/Connecticut

38. Cincinnati Bengals - Jared Cook - TE/South Carolina

39. Jacksonville Jaguars - Max Unger - C/Oregon

40. Oakland Raiders - Phil Loadholdt - OT/Oklahoma

41. Green Bay Packers - Alphonso Smith - CB/Wake Forest

42. Buffalo Bills - Clint Sintim - LB/Virginia

43. San Francisco 49ers - LeSean McCoy - RB/Pittsburgh

44. Miami Dolphins (f/ Was) - Sean Smith - CB/Utah

45. New York Giants (f/ NO) - Louis Delmas - S/Western Michigan

46. Houston Texans - Alex Mack - C/California

47. New England Patriots (f/ SD) - Connor Barwin - DE/Cincinnati

48. Denver Broncos - Michael Johnson - DE/Georgia Tech

49. Chicago Bears - Mohammad Massaquoi - WR/Georgia

50. Cleveland Browns (f/ TB) - Shawn Nelson - TE/Southern Miss

51. Dallas Cowboys - D.J. Moore - CB/Vanderbilt

52. New York Jets - Jarron Gilbert - DE/San Jose State

53. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Freeman - LB/Ohio State

54. Minnesota Vikings - Will Moore - S/Missouri

55. Atlanta Falcons - Paul Kruger - DE/Utah

56. Miami Dolphins - Ron Brace - DT/Boston College

57. Baltimore Ravens - Jasper Brinkley - LB/South Carolina

58. New England Patriots - Andrew Levitre - OG/Oregon State

59. Carolina Panthers - Rashad Johnson - S/Alabama

60. New York Giants - Shonn Green - RB/Iowa

61. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Hartline - WR/Ohio State

62. Tennessee Titans - Pat White - QB/West Virginia

63. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Wood - C/Louisville

64. Pittsburgh Steelers - Duke Robinson - OG/Oklahoma

I welcome your feedback, but at least be nice about how stoopid you may think I am, I did put several months of time, effort, and research into it.

Nice mock. Thanks for all the hard work. I don't want Ayers at #11 whatsoever, but I recognize it as a distinct possibility. Is Beatty worth the #28 pick? Is he a "cheese and wine" LT like someone suggested?

For the record, if we pass on Orakpo at #11 I will be livid. From what I've seen, he seems like the top 4-3 DE out there. For the life of me I can't figure out why so many porognosticators keep trying to put him at 3-4 OLB. It doesn't seem to suit him at all.

Good job. I don't know about us passing on Orakpo and Brown for Ayers though. I think Ayers could be had at #28 if we pass on him at #11. Beatty wouldn't be a bad pick, but I hope we don't go that route. I like Sintim, but I'd rather have Alex Mack if he's still on the board at #42. Overall, I think alot of this could happen. I'd hate it though if the Patriots made out like this: Butler, English, Barwin, and Levitre :lol:

Great job Bandit. Agree with a large percentage of your predictions. I'm gonna print this one out to keep handy while watching the draft. I think your rationales for most of these picks is very strong.

As for the Bills, I still have Orakpo rated above Ayers by a bit and it's surprising to me that he might slide that far but then again all of the DEs have question marks and could slide.

At #28 I'd rather see the Bills take the interior lineman than the OT. There's a need at tackle and guard but I think a guard can come in right away and contribute more easily than a tackle. And I'm not really sold on Beatty yet. I do think we need to draft a tackle somewhere but contrary to many, not necessarily in the first two rounds.

Well, I promised to do one, and here it is. Note that these picks are from the perspective of how I see the draft falling, not necessarily what I would do if I were the team on the clock.

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Smith - OT/Alabama – Bengals badly need an infusion of talent at OT, and they’re not the type of team concerned with Smith’s character issues.

Round 2

I welcome your feedback, but at least be nice about how stoopid you may think I am, I did put several months of time, effort, and research into it.

They've been badly burned by signing and re-signing players who can/won't control their weight. Smith has no character issues beyond being dumb and immature - a cheap shot against the kid on your part, IMO.

Round 2

If you happen to watch CIN games you would notice that there is no place for a TE in their idiot OCs' (

Bob Bratkowski) offensive plan.

It would be a surprise if they drafted one - unless somehow they moved down to get Pettigrew - the owner always fancying himself at getting a "bargain".

Thanks for the sentiments all.

You know what's funny? I didn't intend to give the Patriots all those players, it's just the way it worked out, but then when I went back over it, it sure looked like a Belichick-style draft class to me...ugh.

Regarding Ayers, I think the team may be a little gun shy about taking one of the smaller, leaner ends like Orakpo or Brown. Couple that with the perception that Ayers is rising up draft boards too quickly to be had at 28, and I think Buffalo will feel like they need to make this move.

As for Beatty, I haven't seen as much of him as I have of other players (only caught about 6 game tapes from his Senior year), but he sure doesn't look unfit to be an NFL tackle to me. He is better in pass blocking than run blocking, but he doesn't lack size and by all accounts is a very hard worker, so I don't see why he can't become a better drive blocker in time. As I posted before, I like Meredith from South Carolina as a better long-term prospect, but I don't think of that as a knock on Beatty.

Regarding Ayers, I think the team may be a little gun shy about taking one of the smaller, leaner ends like Orakpo or Brown. Couple that with the perception that Ayers is rising up draft boards too quickly to be had at 28, and I think Buffalo will feel like they need to make this move.

As for Beatty, I haven't seen as much of him as I have of other players (only caught about 6 game tapes from his Senior year), but he sure doesn't look unfit to be an NFL tackle to me. He is better in pass blocking than run blocking, but he doesn't lack size and by all accounts is a very hard worker, so I don't see why he can't become a better drive blocker in time. As I posted before, I like Meredith from South Carolina as a better long-term prospect, but I don't think of that as a knock on Beatty.

Orakpo is listed at 263, Ayers at 270, both at 6'3"...?

They've been badly burned by signing and re-signing players who can/won't control their weight. Smith has no character issues beyond being dumb and immature - a cheap shot against the kid on your part, IMO.

Round 2

If you happen to watch CIN games you would notice that there is no place for a TE in their idiot OCs' (

Bob Bratkowski) offensive plan.

It would be a surprise if they drafted one - unless somehow they moved down to get Pettigrew - the owner always fancying himself at getting a "bargain".

Thanks for the feedback.

I would call getting suspended by your team for your final bowl game as a collegiate athlete due to "conduct detrimental to the team" a character concern. Even if you didn't consider that the case, his suspension--coupled with his weight fluctuation and vanishing act at the combine--should raise a red flag. Also, how cheap a shot is it if I'm predicting that the guy goes #6 overall when a month ago many prognositcators had him still on the board in the 20's?

Also, I don't question your knowledge of your hometown squad, but why would the Bengals go out and spend money on a guy like Ben Utecht last off-season if they didn't want a tight end to play a prominent role in their offense? Regarding Cook, I've heard from several sources (which include Hub Arkish of PFW) that the Bengals are very interested.

Just my 1 cent.

Orakpo is listed at 263, Ayers at 270, both at 6'3"...?

I mean in terms of perception. Ayers is widely viewed as a stouter, tougher guy that can bulk up closer to 280 lbs, while most want Orakpo to stay as light as possible to maintain his quickness. I don't really have a preference between the two, as I don't really want either guy.

1. Detroit Lions – Matthew Stafford - QB/Georgia – New QB = Culture change, which the Lions desperately need.

2. St. Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe - OT/Virginia – Rams need an athletic LT, Monroe is the most natural LT in the draft.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Smith - OT/Baylor – I just can’t get comfortable with the idea that the Chiefs will take an ILB at No. 3, so they get a franchise tackle to pair with Branden Albert.

4. Seattle Seahawks - Mark Sanchez - QB/USC – Sanchez’s value here is unquestioned, and Matt Hasselbeck is no spring chicken.

5. Cleveland Browns - Aaron Curry - LB/Wake Forest – A defensive playmaker for a head coach that loves them.

7. Oakland Raiders - Derrius Heyward-Bey - WR/Maryland – Surprise pick of the top 10? We know Al Davis loves size and speed, and they don’t get any bigger and faster than DHB. Is this pick a reach? I don’t know, remember this is the same team that once spent the No. 17 overall pick on a kicker.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Crabtree - WR/Texas Tech – Although the Jaguars really want to trade out of this spot, Crabtree is just too good to pass up.

9. Green Bay Packers - B.J. Raji - DT/Boston College – The Packers grab a big anchor to man the nose tackle spot in their new 3-4 look.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Michael Oher - OT/Ole Miss – Oher can step in at RT and provide the stout run blocking that San Francisco needs.

11. Buffalo Bills – Robert Ayers - DE/Tennessee – Not what I’d prefer (I’d rather take a LB and get a DE at 28), but the Bills need a pass rusher, and this regime always drafts for need. I just have a feeling that they’ll take Ayers, the fastest-rising DE prospect.

12. Denver Broncos - Tyson Jackson - DE/LSU – Denver is another team transitioning to the 3-4, and Jackson is perfectly suited to play the 5-technique role.

13. Washington Redskins - Brian Orakpo - DE/Texas – The Redskins need a pass rushing presence, and they’re said to like Orakpo quite a bit.

14. New Orleans Saints - Malcolm Jenkins - CB/Ohio State – Will Jenkins play FS or CB? Doesn’t matter, New Orleans could use either, and it’s his ball skills that they’re after.

15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews - LB/USC – Match made in heaven. A coverage linebacker that can blitz, and who’s uncle had a Hall-of-Fame career in this very city.

16. San Diego Chargers - Brian Cushing - LB/USC – Without a dire need at any position, the Chargers could take a RB here, but A.J. Smith loves defensive playmakers and Cushing is a local boy that can play ILB in their 3-4.

17. New York Jets - Jeremy Maclin - WR/Missouri – I know the sexy pick is Freeman, but I’ve got a feeling that Rex Ryan is going to let Ratliff and Clemens battle it out for one year, so they instead stop Maclin’s precipitous slide.

18. Denver Broncos (f/ Chi) - Everette Brown - DE/Florida State – Having nabbed a stout DL at 12, they come back for their edge rusher with Brown. I don’t expect to see a QB in their draft class at all.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman - QB/Kansas State – They can’t be counting on Luke McCown or Byron Leftwich, so that means (in my mind) that they must be targeting Freeman.

20. Detroit Lions (f/ Dal) - Peria Jerry - DT/Ole Miss – Head coach Jim Schwartz grabs a penetrating DT that can play the Albert Haynesworth role for the Lions.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno - RB/Georgia – With their need at OT addressed, the Eagles move on to getting some much-needed backfield help for Brian Westbrook.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Eben Britton - OT/Arizona – With the loss of Matt Birk, the Vikings appear set to move RT Ryan Cook back to his natural position of center. Britton makes sense here, as he’s the best tackle left on the board.

23. New England Patriots - Darius Butler - CB/Connecticut – Belichick loves do-it-all players, and Butler can cover, tackle, blitz, you name it.

24. Atlanta Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew - TE/Oklahoma State – Atlanta has some options here, as they could go either DE or LB, but I think Pettigrew is too good to pass up at No. 24.

25. Miami Dolphins - Aaron Maybin - DE/Penn State – I think the Maybin slide stops here, where Parcells would love to add a rush LB to pair with Joey Porter.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Hakeem Nicks - WR/North Carolina – Baltimore wants a big wide-out for Joe Flacco, and Nicks brings not only size, but polished route-running ability.

27. Indianapolis Colts – James Laurinaitis - LB/Ohio State – The Colts let starter Freddie Keiaho walk out the door, and are down to only 2 LBs with starting experience. Laurinaitis would give them some instant pop in their front 7.

28. Buffalo Bills (f/ Car via Phi) - William Beatty - OT/Connecticut – Regardless of how high Buffalo may be on Demetrius Bell, Langston Walker, or Kirk Chambers, it would be wise for them to add another talent to the mix at LT.

29. New York Giants - Kenny Britt - WR/Rutgers – This pick could belong to the Browns if the Braylon Edwards deal goes down, but either way, Britt is a steady WR with enough speed to warrant a round 1 selection.

30. Tennessee Titans - Percy Harvin - WR/Florida – His stock has dropped due to a positive drug test and some “where does he fit?” style questions, but Tennessee needs offensive playmakers and they won’t hesitate to take a chance on talent.

31. Arizona Cardinals - Chris Wells - RB/Ohio State – The Cardinals want to upgrade their running game, and a top-flight RB could do the trick. There’s a great chance that Donald Brown goes here, which would drop the heretofore highly touted Wells out of the draft’s opening round.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers – Vontae Davis - CB/Illinois – With Bryant McFadden defecting to Arizona, Pittsburgh will take the best player on the board and fill a need simultaneously. They could also look to move up in round 2 to get OT help.

Round 2

33. Detroit Lions - Rey Maualuga - LB/USC

34. New England Patriots (f/ KC) - Larry English - DE/Northern Illinois

35. St. Louis Rams - Evander Hood - DT/Missouri

36. Cleveland Browns - Brian Robiskie - WR/Ohio State

37. Seattle Seahawks - Donald Brown - RB/Connecticut

39. Jacksonville Jaguars - Max Unger - C/Oregon

40. Oakland Raiders - Phil Loadholdt - OT/Oklahoma

41. Green Bay Packers - Alphonso Smith - CB/Wake Forest

42. Buffalo Bills - Clint Sintim - LB/Virginia

43. San Francisco 49ers - LeSean McCoy - RB/Pittsburgh

44. Miami Dolphins (f/ Was) - Sean Smith - CB/Utah

45. New York Giants (f/ NO) - Louis Delmas - S/Western Michigan

46. Houston Texans - Alex Mack - C/California

47. New England Patriots (f/ SD) - Connor Barwin - DE/Cincinnati

48. Denver Broncos - Michael Johnson - DE/Georgia Tech

49. Chicago Bears - Mohammad Massaquoi - WR/Georgia

50. Cleveland Browns (f/ TB) - Shawn Nelson - TE/Southern Miss

51. Dallas Cowboys - D.J. Moore - CB/Vanderbilt

52. New York Jets - Jarron Gilbert - DE/San Jose State

53. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Freeman - LB/Ohio State

54. Minnesota Vikings - Will Moore - S/Missouri

55. Atlanta Falcons - Paul Kruger - DE/Utah

56. Miami Dolphins - Ron Brace - DT/Boston College

57. Baltimore Ravens - Jasper Brinkley - LB/South Carolina

58. New England Patriots - Andrew Levitre - OG/Oregon State

59. Carolina Panthers - Rashad Johnson - S/Alabama

60. New York Giants - Shonn Green - RB/Iowa

61. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Hartline - WR/Ohio State

62. Tennessee Titans - Pat White - QB/West Virginia

63. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Wood - C/Louisville

64. Pittsburgh Steelers - Duke Robinson - OG/Oklahoma

Well done...

I completely agree on Ayers...And I also think He's going to prove his critics wrong in time...He's not Eric Flowers II...He's a Player... :lol:

Thanks for the feedback.

I would call getting suspended by your team for your final bowl game as a collegiate athlete due to "conduct detrimental to the team" a character concern. Even if you didn't consider that the case, his suspension--coupled with his weight fluctuation and vanishing act at the combine--should raise a red flag. Also, how cheap a shot is it if I'm predicting that the guy goes #6 overall when a month ago many prognositcators had him still on the board in the 20's?

Also, I don't question your knowledge of your hometown squad, but why would the Bengals go out and spend money on a guy like Ben Utecht last off-season if they didn't want a tight end to play a prominent role in their offense? Regarding Cook, I've heard from several sources (which include Hub Arkish of PFW) that the Bengals are very interested.

Just my 1 cent.

Because of the owner. He thinks money and bargain always, and meddles incessantly. Do you think HC Lewis wanted Chris Henry back on the team? :lol:

Utecht was signed cheaply, and before he got a hard shot in the chest that put him out of action, he displayed exactly why IND didn't retain him - hands of stone.

IIRC, the dumb Andre Smith got knocked out of the bowl game because he was talking with an agent. Could Mike Brown demand that he be drafted? - you betcha.

Because of the owner. He thinks money and bargain always, and meddles incessantly. Do you think HC Lewis wanted Chris Henry back on the team? :lol:

Utecht was signed cheaply, and before he got a hard shot in the chest that put him out of action, he displayed exactly why IND didn't retain him - hands of stone.

IIRC, the dumb Andre Smith got knocked out of the bowl game because he was talking with an agent. Could Mike Brown demand that he be drafted? - you betcha.

Hmmm, interesting take Stuck.

Although the signing of a guy like Lavernues Coles to $7M/year contract sort of belies reason, if what you say is indeed the case.

Regardless, Cincinnati holds one of those pivotal picks that could shake up the rest of the first round, so it'll be very interesting to see what they do.

I could see a lot of these picks coming to fruition. If we were going to go DE, I'd much rather go with Brown or Orapko, and if we went tackle at #28 I'd hope they would draft Britton.

Isn't Britton more projected towards the RT spot?

I like the pick of Beatty better because he is supposed to have the feet of a LT (but I am against taking a OT at all in the 1st round)

Nice job overall. I think everyone should expect the Parcells is going to have a big draft. He knows he has to reload on defense. Also i would expect an oline man like you pointed out.

I definetly dont like Ayers. He seems like a nice enough kid, but he just scares me. If he did not have more then 3 sacks in college what makes us think he would be a force in the pros? I know he could develope, but first rounders should be spent on guys that have shown they can be a force in college and will just need to develope to the speed of the pro game. Ayers makes me question him. Too many times you see a name get hot, and he climbs the board. Then he turns into a dud.

Personally i dotn think the Bills are going to take a tackle in the first. I really think they will try Bell and Chambers. With the hope that Bell is the longterm answer. I do see then going back in the second and taking an interior OL.

Once again good work and thanks, cant wait till the weekend!

Hmmm, interesting take Stuck.

Although the signing of a guy like Lavernues Coles to $7M/year contract sort of belies reason, if what you say is indeed the case.

Regardless, Cincinnati holds one of those pivotal picks that could shake up the rest of the first round, so it'll be very interesting to see what they do.

Coles was pretty much a necessity with the departure of TJH. Last season's #2 pick (WR Jerome Simpson - who?) was his bargain pick, and he and other WRs on the roster were injured for this or that time. Ocho Dinko continued his whiny, short-arming and route-blowing ways. Sure to repeat this season. He couldn't be traded last season - cap hit, money owed, etc.

He's certainly disliked - I heard an anecdote on the radio this morning, that more that half of the team would be glad to give him a ride to the airport, and Housh said he called him up crying - tears - about how he won't be traded. :lol:

Who knew the NFL would ever come to this?...loaded with petulant millionaires acting like infants with diaper rash.

Isn't Britton more projected towards the RT spot?

I like the pick of Beatty better because he is supposed to have the feet of a LT (but I am against taking a OT at all in the 1st round)

Depends on who you ask, really.

You see, the rap on Britton is that he has a "low ceiling" athletically, which would point to him playing RT. However, his style of play (he's more of a pass protector than a run blocker, which is the case for probably 5 of the top 6 OTs in this year's draft) suggests he's a better fit on the left side.

Personally, if he ended up on Buffalo, I'd prefer to see him play the left side of the field, since that's where he played in college. Contrary to popular belief, switching sides of the field is actually a big adjustment for a tackle. All of the line calls are different, the body styles of the DEs and LBs you face are different; it's not an easy move, especially for a rookie.

I do not like this Draft. After the loss of Peters we have to go O-Line with both of our first Round Picks.

If the Best 4 OT are gone with our 11 Pick we should seriously trade down to 18 to 20 und take Pettigrew.

If we find no Trade-Buddy we should take Orakpo over Ayers. I do not like 1 year Producers.

With our 28th und 42th Pick we should take the best OT and C available. I do not like so see Edwards getting sacked 5 Times every Game.

Our Team stands and falls with the O-Line. And i think everbody will agree with me, that we need "big" improvements there. I would be a big mistake if we do not take 2 OL with our first 3 picks.

And a trade for John Henderson (even for our 3rd) would help our defense very much.... but this might be a dream