CNSNews: CIA confirms waterboarding thwarted another 9/11

The last 8 years still includes 9/11.

How about the 8 years prior? Were we torturing people then to prevent terrorist attacks on American soil?

Was the lack of anything horrible happening on 1/1/2000 proof that the Year 2000 bug was successfully diffused?

Yeah let's look at that:

You had the Cole

You had the first attack on the World trade center

You had the Kenya embassy bombed

You had the Tanzania bombed

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are denying that KSM's info did not help stop this attack? Because the CIA begs to differ. I'll take the actual agent's opinions over someone on a message board's.

I can appreciate the value you place on the actual CIA agent's opinion. Do you place the same high value on all CIA agents' opinions? What is your opinion of Michael Scheuer for instance? Just curious.

How about the 8 years prior? Were we torturing people then to prevent terrorist attacks on American soil?

Was the lack of anything horrible happening on 1/1/2000 proof that the Year 2000 bug was successfully diffused?

Sorry 7 years 5 months. how lazy of me. Makes the whole point irrelevant

No. Refer to WTC # 1

Some say that 1/1/2001 that was the "real" date. As far as my own level of concern that threat was real, I was on commercial airliners at 35,000 ft on midnight both days. In fact since I was going East to West at 600 mph I went thu both midnights several times. That was a joke, terrorists are VERY real.

You mean the years after the first World Trade Center bombing? Isn't that the period when the practice of rendition and the handing of suspects to foreign services is supposed to have dramatically increased? Sounds to me like the answer to your question may be 'yes.'

Because they are. Reason number one for the rapid spread of AIDS early on. I spent many years working with them in the restaurants and I heard all the stories. Think about it, straight men only have sex when their partner is in the mood, we're ALWAYS in the mood. Put two of those in the same relationship and you've got your basic Castro District shmear the queer dog pile.

A lot of young straight men, and women, have multiple sex partners and hookups. The spreading of AIDS is greatest in Africa, and is due in large part, to heterosexual sex.

You are correct about the spreading of AIDS being related to promiscuous homosexual sex. That is because anal sex is one of the best ways to spread the disease, and there are a number of promiscuous gay men. But, that doesn't mean the bulk of gay men are promiscuous, or that some old fuddy-duddy like Frank is very likely to be promiscuous.

A lot of young straight men, and women, have multiple sex partners and hookups. The spreading of AIDS is greatest in Africa, and is due in large part, to heterosexual sex.

You are correct about the spreading of AIDS being related to promiscuous homosexual sex. That is because anal sex is one of the best ways to spread the disease, and there are a number of promiscuous gay men. But, that doesn't mean the bulk of gay men are promiscuous, or that some old fuddy-duddy like Frank is very likely to be promiscuous.

Once again usually the horniest member of a relationship is the man. Put that together will all your partners being men then it's safe to assume there's a whole lotta rump rangering goin' on. And think about it, their whole lifestyle is fashioned around their sexual preferance.

Yeah let's look at that:

You had the Cole

You had the first attack on the World trade center

You had the Kenya embassy bombed

You had the Tanzania bombed

Wasn't there also a commercial airliner that plunged into the Ocean for no reason, with a middle Eastern pilot at the helm? Some think it was a dry run for the attacks on 9-11.

Once again usually the horniest member of a relationship is the man. Put that together will all your partners being men then it's safe to assume there's a whole lotta rump rangering goin' on. And think about it, their whole lifestyle is fashioned around their sexual preferance.

I think you have a shallow and, generally off-base, perception of the typical gay man.

Wasn't there also a commercial airliner that plunged into the Ocean for no reason, with a middle Eastern pilot at the helm? Some think it was a dry run for the attacks on 9-11.

we were talking attacks on US soil. I am sure there were others. but those were the ones I remembered off the top of my head.

I have read somewhere that on average they do tend to be more promiscuous. I'm sure there are stats on it somewhere. For many of them it's not really about romance or finding a mate. It's about sex. One other thing I remember. They say that 1 in 10 of all people in this country are alcoholics. With gays, it's more like 1 in 4. Not sure why. Maybe the pressures of knowing you are different, or maybe because gay bars are so much a part of the lifestyle.

You're right. I only spent 25 years working in an industry dominated by gay men in some of the heaviest gay population in the country/world. :lol:

And, I worked Hollywood and television (over 20 years) and lived in SF for about 8 years. What's your point? Gay waiters, cooks and maître d's are more promiscuous than gay actors, directors and producers?

I guess, as you jumped in, you think the typical gay man is promiscuous and gets involved in gay orgies, as the joke in the post I originally replied to suggested.

I have read somewhere that on average they do tend to be more promiscuous.

I have no problem with that generalization. They probably are somewhat more promiscuous. But, on the whole, the typical gay man isn't extremely promiscuous (involved with multiple partners).

I'm guessing the more same sex coupling is accepted in main stream society, the less promiscuous gay men will become.

It was Egypt Air flight 990 out of NY. I don't think they ever concluded for sure what happened. But it was fishy.

Sure they did. The pilot went to take a leak and the co-pilot nose dived the plane into the ocean while screaming "allah akbar". Of course, once that was established people went berserk and we had to stop talking about it 'cause we don't want to risk making terrorists angry with us. :lol:

I have no problem with that generalization. They probably are somewhat more promiscuous. But, on the whole, the typical gay man isn't extremely promiscuous (involved with multiple partners).

I'm guessing the more same sex coupling is accepted in main stream society, the less promiscuous gay men will become.

See you're changing your words in this thread and you showed it above. You said they are probably somewhat more promiscuous. We agree here. But saying that the typical gay man is extremely promiscuous is not what I was saying. I'm not saying the typical gay is more promiscuous, they tend to be.

See you're changing your words in this thread and you showed it above. You said they are probably somewhat more promiscuous. We agree here. But saying that the typical gay man is extremely promiscuous is not what I was saying. I'm not saying the typical gay is more promiscuous, they tend to be.

Assuming a man is promiscuous because he is gay (as the joke would imply) isn't supported by the facts, IMO. Saying gay men "tend to be more promiscuous than straight men" isn't the same thing as saying they "are generally promiscuous". Simply logic, actually.