New McShay mock draft

Leonidas

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Orakpo, that draft sucks.

1.) Because I don't believe Britton is a "very good" tackle. He's decent. We already have decent tackles.

2.) Because Mack may be the best center, but that doesn't mean he's the best center for us. Mack gets bullied when someone is over his face. You think Wilfork, Ferguson and Jenkins were in the backfield last year? Have fun with a smart center who excels at making calls, pulling, and getting out to the LB's.

3.) Alex Magee? Are you kidding me?

4.) Another safety in college that we need to play LB?

5.) Wasting a pick on a QB?

6.) No quality TE.

7.) Wasting a pick on a WR? We already are trying to get Roscoe out of here due to the glut at WR.

I could live with the first three picks but after that I agree with you. Everybody knows how I feel about Coffman and I think it would be really dumb to pass him up in Round 3. I don't mind Magee, I think he could actually be a sleeper but I think he is def. around with either one of our 4th rounders, just my opinion though.

1.) Because I don't believe Britton is a "very good" tackle. He's decent. We already have decent tackles.

2.) Because Mack may be the best center, but that doesn't mean he's the best center for us. Mack gets bullied when someone is over his face. You think Wilfork, Ferguson and Jenkins were in the backfield last year? Have fun with a smart center who excels at making calls, pulling, and getting out to the LB's.

-Britton would be a huge upgrade over Chambers, Bell, or whoever else we could run out there to play at the other tackle spot from within the organization. Britton is going to be a very good RT in this league IMO, and I wouldn't call any of our other options even "decent".

-I happen to prefer Unger to him personally, but if you don't think that Alex Mack would do a substantially better job stopping AFC East interior fronts than Melvin Fowler, you're out of your mind.

Ever heard of copyright laws? :rolleyes:

What? I reposted it from another internet site and called it the "McShay Mock Draft," not the "Leonidas.McKelvin Mock Draft." I'm pretty sure that happens every day. Thanks for the input, though.

I can't believe they have ANY team drafting Nate Davis and no one picking UB's Drew Willy. Willy has far more pro potential than Davis. Davis is another JP Losman-type QB: chuck-n-duck passer in college who will be overwhelmed in the NFL. Heck, he already couldn't handle the MAC championship and GMAC bowl.

PTR

At least we aren't trading up into the first round for him. :rolleyes:

3.) Alex Magee? Are you kidding me?

4.) Another safety in college that we need to play LB?

5.) Wasting a pick on a QB?

6.) No quality TE.

7.) Wasting a pick on a WR? We already are trying to get Roscoe out of here due to the glut at WR.

Mock drafts are less and less reliable the further you go out. I wouldn't worry about it. Orakpo is the guy I want at #11.

I wouldn't mind a 6th or 7th round pick on a QB. But no WR, I agree.

And yes, I want a quality TE in the third. I can see us trading up in that scenario to grab Nelson or staying put and grabbing Coffman.

-Britton would be a huge upgrade over Chambers, Bell, or whoever else we could run out there to play at the other tackle spot from within the organization. Britton is going to be a very good RT in this league IMO, and I wouldn't call any of our other options even "decent".

I don't see how you can say we have no "decent" options at tackle this season, when Walker and Chambers proved to be good, or at least, "decent."

If the tackle we add in the draft is not a definite upgrade, then adding another tackle of the same capabilities is just a waste of a pick IMO.

Mock drafts are less and less reliable the further you go out. I wouldn't worry about it. Orakpo is the guy I want at #11.

I wouldn't mind a 6th or 7th round pick on a QB. But no WR, I agree.

And yes, I want a quality TE in the third. I can see us trading up in that scenario to grab Nelson or staying put and grabbing Coffman.

IMO, if we don't come out of the draft with a TE from the group of Pettigrew, Nelson, Coffman, Casey or maybe even Ingram or Quinn, I think addressing the TE position this offseason was a failure.

I'm 99% sure Kevin is Keith's brother

He is. I havent seen his scouting reports, but he played safety in college. He's 6'1" 220lb, so that would be a solid SS. Or here in Buffalo, a decent sized LB. :rolleyes:

I don't see how you can say we have no "decent" options at tackle this season, when Walker and Chambers proved to be good, or at least, "decent."

If the tackle we add in the draft is not a definite upgrade, then adding another tackle of the same capabilities is just a waste of a pick IMO.

I just don't think that Chambers has proven anything yet, and I think it would be foolish to assume that he can step in and play tackle full time in this league. Particularly in a division that where the other teams can really bring it off the edge. Maybe the Bills feel differently though, we'll find out. As far as Walker goes, he played very well last year, and was easily the most consistent offensive lineman we had - including Peters. Butler may have challenged him for that honor if not for the injury.

IMO, if we don't come out of the draft with a TE from the group of Pettigrew, Nelson, Coffman, Casey or maybe even Ingram or Quinn, I think addressing the TE position this offseason was a failure.

Completely agree. If we don't get one of those guys, we're stuck with Schouman, Fine, and maybe a late round TE pick that is about their equivalent. The only player I might add to that list of acceptables is Travis Beckum from Wisconsin. Think he could be a good one.

What? I reposted it from another internet site and called it the "McShay Mock Draft," not the "Leonidas.McKelvin Mock Draft." I'm pretty sure that happens every day. Thanks for the input, though.

Well, it's evident indeed, that you have no idea about copyright law. About not republishing an author's works without explicit permission - or payment of a negotiated fee. It's called theft of intellectual property.

You are welcome for the input, though.

Another thing - if we pull the trigger on a trade for Henderson there's no WAY we take a DT in round three. I still think, with the depth at TE, and assuming we don't take Pettigrew in the first, that we take a TE no later than the third round. And while I admittedly don't know a lot about these guys, if we come away with a Nelson, Coffman, Casey, Ingram, or even Cook in the third, I'd be very happy.

Well, it's evident indeed, that you have no idea about copyright law. About not republishing an author's works without explicit permission - or payment of a negotiated fee. It's called theft of intellectual property.

You are welcome for the input, though.

Man, you are a fun dude, I can tell. If reposting articles on a message board forum is a crime, I expect Allen Wilson to be prosecuting all of you people.

By the way, I did pay my fee. It's called the ESPN Insider fee. You'd think I'd get a "thanks for the post" or something, instead I get grief. Jesus.

As is argued in two recent studies spanning recent history, first round tackles have about a 14% chance of being Pro Bowl quality. I'm not sure what you mean by "very good." I assume you mean at least good enough.

I agree. I think there's a 50/50 chance that a first round tackle this year (which is not considered a great tackle draft) will be no better than who we have on our roster this year. That rookie might develop...

The problem is that the Bills have created a hole at left tackle and have only a coin flips chance that the position can be filled with either someone on the roster or someone that we draft.

Man, you are a fun dude, I can tell. If reposting articles on a message board forum is a crime, I expect Allen Wilson to be prosecuting all of you people.

By the way, I did pay my fee. It's called the ESPN Insider fee. You'd think I'd get a "thanks for the post" or something, instead I get grief. Jesus.

You don't see the big picture. Perhaps as you age and gain experience, you will.

What would Leonidas at Thermopylae say?