Don't trade Parrish!!

I ask again, what if he wants to leave? In other words, what if he's made up his mind? It almost sounds like his agent asked the Bills to trade him. So at that point Peter, do you want to keep him here against his will?

Where does the carousel of "the players just want to leave" stop? That is surely the road to oblivion.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

As I said before I heard that Roscoe was upset that he cant get on the field and wants out. And to anyone that wants to say put him out there and see if teams can defend???? Um have you ever seen Roscoe try and fight off defenders at the line of scrimmage with his weak 168LB frame? He gets manhandled. There IS a reason he cant beat out Josh Reed you know. Hes not that good at WR.

See above.

Also, it is obvous that you and I are watching two different players. That is why I have said that I almost hope that he gets traded to the Pats so that the Roscoe haters can be reminded at least two times each year why he is, in fact, a good WR. I would hate to have to defend against Moss, Welker, and Roscoe (I would rather that opposing defenses have to try to figure out how to cover Roscoe and the rest of our guys). As a Bills fan, I hope that he is not traded to the Pats, but it would be interesting for the haters to have to deal with it. The fact he is talented as both a PR and WR leads me to believe that the Bills will not trade him within the division because it would emphasize what a stupid decision trading him would be.

See above.

Also, it is obvous that you and I are watching two different players. That is why I have said that I almost hope that he gets traded to the Pats so that the Roscoe haters can be reminded at least two times each year why he is, in fact, a good WR. I would hate to have to defend against Moss, Welker, and Roscoe (I would rather that opposing defenses have to try to figure out how to cover Roscoe and the rest of our guys). As a Bills fan, I hope that he is not traded to the Pats, but it would be interesting for the haters to have to deal with it. The fact he is talented as both a PR and WR leads me to believe that the Bills will not trade him within the division because it would emphasize what a stupid decision trading him would be.

Have you ever stopped to think that he's SO easy to shut down at the line that we've seen about all the efficacy RP has to offer?

Have you ever stopped to think that he's SO easy to shut down at the line that we've seen about all the efficacy RP has to offer?

I disagree with that tired line about him being easy to shut down at the line. It is becoming an old wives tale on this board.

Where does the carousel of "the players just want to leave" stop? That is surely the road to oblivion.

Does anyone really care about Kelsey, Royal, Dockery? At the end of last season we were begging to get rid of Royal and Dockery and hoping we could find someone to replace Kelsey. They are bums that are sub par at their positions. I feel the same about Roscoe. If he thinks he is a legitimate starter in this league then let him try it somewhere else. I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if he turns out great. But what if hes the next Dante Hall?

The same people on this board that are giving Parrish virtual handjobs are the same ones saying this team is filled with mediocraty and needs to get better. That is what Russ is trying to do. Take as many picks as possible to better this team with young talent that might end up being a good pick. Not one trick ponies that can only take punt returns 4-5 times a game and cant get seperation from nickle or dime db's.

I disagree with that tired line about him being easy to shut down at the line. It is becoming an old wives tale on this board.

Well, it's not an "opinion." The guy doesn't get the ball thrown to him that often. Either we've had QB's incapable of finding the open receiver since 2005 (possibility), or else he's not getting open.

Furthermore, one thing we DO know for certain is that it's actually hard for the QB to see Roscoe out there because he's so tiny.

If old wives tale means that he cant get seperation against nickle and dime DB's then your right.

If old wives tale means that he cant get seperation against nickle and dime DB's then your right.

You and I are watching two different players apparently. When I read posts like yours (as I have said before) I almost hope that he gets traded to the Pats.

That would be horrible if there was a clamoring for many of our players to leave here. It would also be horrible if they successfully forced a mass exodus as a result.

My sense is that although Buffalo is not a destination city for NFL players that most of the players like playing here and although he's very problematic as a coach, I think part of the reason is that players like playing for Jauron.

Peters was unhappy here and it probably reached the point where he had to be shipped out. Chad Johnson is very unhappy in Cinci. Peppers is very unhappy in Carolina. Boldin in Arizona and Sheldon Brown in Philly have the same situations. So these things happen everywhere, not just in Buffalo.

Does anyone really care about Kelsey, Royal, Dockery? At the end of last season we were begging to get rid of Royal and Dockery and hoping we could find someone to replace Kelsey. They are bums that are sub par at their positions. I feel the same about Roscoe. If he thinks he is a legitimate starter in this league then let him try it somewhere else. I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if he turns out great. But what if hes the next Dante Hall?

The same people on this board that are giving Parrish virtual handjobs are the same ones saying this team is filled with mediocraty and needs to get better. That is what Russ is trying to do. Take as many picks as possible to better this team with young talent that might end up being a good pick. Not one trick ponies that can only take punt returns 4-5 times a game and cant get seperation from nickle or dime db's.

Let's start with the Bills are a below average team. Let's make the assumption that they want to improve. How do you do that?

Do you improve your team by getting rid of all the average or worse players at once? Really? Sounds like change for change's sake. PT Barnum would love it.

Back to my original question: can a team successfully rise up from the lower third of the NFL if it jettisons every player that squawks about not wanting to be a part of the team? Who do you fill your roster with? For example, do you think guys on the Lions really want to be there and associated with the black stain and stench they laid on last year?

As good as Parish may be returning punts, how many Super Bowl teams dedicate a roster spot to a punt returner? Yes, he is exciting in the return game. But, wouldn't it be nice to have someone who can make the overall offense exciting? To think of it another way... how many times have we seen Parish rip off a 20-30 yard punt return and give the offense great! starting field position, only to have them try a field goal or punt from the 40? So, why not worry more about someone that can help move the offense and get the ball in the endzone.

I'm not suggesting that Parish is no good, nor that we should trade him. I'm merely wondering at what point are we focusing on Special Teams to the detriment of the Offense.

As good as Parish may be returning punts, how many Super Bowl teams dedicate a roster spot to a punt returner? Yes, he is exciting in the return game. But, wouldn't it be nice to have someone who can make the overall offense exciting? To think of it another way... how many times have we seen Parish rip off a 20-30 yard punt return and give the offense great! starting field position, only to have them try a field goal or punt from the 40? So, why not worry more about someone that can help move the offense and get the ball in the endzone.

I'm not suggesting that Parish is no good, nor that we should trade him. I'm merely wondering at what point are we focusing on Special Teams to the detriment of the Offense.

If he could be traded for an IMPACT player GREAT, but a 4th rd pick will not be that.

If he could be traded for an IMPACT player GREAT, but a 4th rd pick will not be that.

Trade or no trade it depends upon what we get in return of course. I don't think anyone here is saying we shouldn't trade Roscoe for a first round pick for instance.

That being said all trades will be judged at least twice.

Take the Peters trade for instance. We got #28 and #121 this year and what seems to be a sixth rounder next year. Is that enough? I was hoping to get more. But if the Bills draft well with those picks it could turn out very well for us.

Now let's say hypothetically we trade Roscoe to Jacksonville for their 4th rounder, 107th overall. How does that make you feel initially and is it beyond possibility that the Bills could find an excellent player with that pick?

It's hard to have a good discussion about this without really looking at specific scenarios.

Let's start with the Bills are a below average team. Let's make the assumption that they want to improve. How do you do that?

Do you improve your team by getting rid of all the average or worse players at once? Really? Sounds like change for change's sake. PT Barnum would love it.

Back to my original question: can a team successfully rise up from the lower third of the NFL if it jettisons every player that squawks about not wanting to be a part of the team? Who do you fill your roster with? For example, do you think guys on the Lions really want to be there and associated with the black stain and stench they laid on last year?

All the average players at once? Have you been paying attention since 2006?

Bottom third? C'mon now.

So only first round draft picks are worthwhile? Do 2nd round picks count? At what point do you just stop even trying to find a good player and say.. ahh what the hell pick that guy he has a cool name.

Last I checked Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and is already considered a lock for 1st ballot HOF

"Brady was selected with pick #199, a compensatory pick, of the 2000 NFL Draft. According to Michael Holley's book Patriot Reign, the Patriots were considering Brady and Tim Rattay, both of whom had received positive reviews from then-quarterbacks coach Dick Rehbein. Ultimately, the Patriots front office chose Brady, a decision that a 2007 NFL Network special deemed the greatest "steal" in the history of the NFL Draft."

You cant say we will or wont get a solid IMPACT player or not. You take your chances with the draft. At the same time we could end up drafting....

"Michael D. Williams (born January 11, 1980 in Dallas, Texas) is a former American football offensive tackle in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills out of the University of Texas with the fourth overall pick of the 2002 NFL Draft. Weighing 360 lbs, Williams seemed destined to be the anchor of the AFC's heaviest offense. But, in hindsight, many observers now consider the Tom Donahoe's decision to draft Williams to be one of his biggest mistakes as Bills GM.

Its not an old wives tale. it is a fact!

he has been given countless opportunities to show what he has as a wideout and he has failed to produce consistant positive results.

I disagree about his hands, he has had his fair share of drops in recent years. However, I think our brain challenged offensive minds have vastly underutilized his abilities. Last year I dont recall many screens, flare outs, revereses, end arounds etc with Roscoe. 2 years ago he took that flare pass against the Jets 50 yards for a TD, he had another great TD on a screen pass called back on a penalty, along with a few other solid plays showcasing his ability.

No, they have overutilized him. Keep him on special teams where he belongs. He is NOT a Wes Welker is waiting- Welker is a good WR, Parrish is not.

Its not an old wives tale. it is a fact!

he has been given countless opportunities to show what he has as a wideout and he has failed to produce consistant positive results.

Believe what you want to believe. The "fact" that you call it a "fact" does not make it a "fact."