Losman is out for 8-12 weeks,

LabattBlue

This is what I have read here...

-He was our 3rd stringer and all he was going to do was hold the clipboard this year anyways.

-He got taught a lesson. Now hopefully he will stop this running around.

-Now there won't be anyone yelling for JP the first time DB starts to stink it up.

-It was accidental contact.

etc.......

Here is my take on it. JP will be taking over next year. TD didn't make the trade he did, to watch JP sit on the bench for 2+ years. IF this season starts to go south, he may even see some action this year. I wanted him ready to go and he just lost out on the part of the preseason where he would have seen the majority of game snaps.

He broke his leg and what is done is done, but why does there have to be justification(like noted above) for why somebody breaking their leg is a good thing??

-

This is what I have read here...

-He was our 3rd stringer and all he was going to do was hold the clipboard this year anyways.

-He got taught him a lesson.  Now hopefully he will stop this running around.

-Now there won't be anyone yelling for JP the first time DB starts to stink it up.

-It was accidental contact.

etc.......

Here is my take on it.  JP will be taking over next year. TD didn't make the trade he did, to watch JP sit on the bench for 2+ years.  IF this season starts to go south, he may even see some action this year.  I wanted him ready to go and he just lost out on the part of the preseason where he would have seen the majority of game snaps. 

He broke his leg and what is done is done, but why does there have to be justification(like noted above) for why somebody breaking their leg is a good thing??

-

7417[/snapback]

If I had to hazzard a guess, I would think a majority of the folks here feel like I do. What is done is done. Regardless of how it happened. Lets focus on the positive of what we have now instead of crying in our beer.

my take on it is this: he would have had on the job training with "hands on" training if he would've broke his leg.. now he still gets to hold the clip board and there is no "hands on" job training for him until 8 to 12 weeks from now or until he can play. thats my concern.. i just look at the whole thing as a negative because it slows down his learning process. does that make sense?

wow- great post... its not the end of the world (unless Drew goes down), but there is nothing positive about this.

The thing about "maybe it will teach him to slide" is BS, because why would he slide when wearing the red shirt? Also, if you watched Sounds of The Game, McGahee asked him why he doesnt slide and he said "It feels very uncoordinated. I feel like I would hurt myself". Well, maybe some practice in that would have helped, but that's hows he's always played. Its a freak accident, but it sucks.

And i also think that if drew went down or sucked, MM would have shocked most of you by putting the rookie in.

Hell, in NYC, Manning might be the starter still. Now, Losman cant even practice for a good portion of the year, and if Bledsoe goes down, we are stuck with TB.

Its not the end of the season of course, but I agree with Labatt, we dont have to wear the rose colored shades, either.

If I had to hazzard a guess, I would think a majority of the folks here feel like I do. What is done is done. Regardless of how it happened. Lets focus on the positive of what we have now instead of crying in our beer.

7427[/snapback]

I agree about focusing on the positive, but I don't agree with making up ridiculous reasons for why this injury is OK.

It's probably just your standard grieving process...

-Shock :P

-Denial :P

-Anger & Guilt ;):D

-Depression :(

-Acceptance <_<

-Empowerment :) B)

Most of the people with the response you stated are probably still in the denial stage...give it time. ;)

And i also think that if drew went down or sucked, MM would have shocked most of you by putting the rookie in.

Agree 100%. Plus, I want JP starting next year, not in 2006.

Hopefully this won't be too much of a setback to prevent that from happening.

Hell, in NYC, Manning might be the starter still. Now, Losman cant even practice for a good portion of the year, and if Bledsoe goes down, we are stuck with TB.

7429[/snapback]

<_<

I don't see very many posts saying that its okay, what I see are a lot of posts that say its not the end of the world, like many are saying.

Its a broken leg, not a torn knee or achilles tendon or anything like that. It hurts in the short run, but should have no effect on the long run (future of the Bills). I think he'll start next year even with the injury.

I don't think his development is severely damaged, not in the age of all year round " organized workouts " and mini-camps. He'll be back around Thanksgiving. He got hurt. I think many here are dealing with it rationally. They know Bledsoe is our Starter this year and Mularkey wants to pound the ball .

Losman will be fine. His opportunity for 2005 and beyond will not be jeopardized. I have no idea what TD and the Coaches have planned beyond 2004. I'm just looking forward to a good 2004 season. A season where Losman didn't figure in.

I doubt that Losman WILL be starting next year although I expect to be given opprotunity to compete in training camp next year.

7459[/snapback]

You mean you might be our starting QB next year?? Awesome!

I'm not sure how much this year will really matter. First of all, he's not out for the entire year. We've still got 2 weeks before the season starts. With the bye,he's possibly back by week 8 or 9. If Losman is not the #2 QB then he'd get virtually no snaps in practice anyway. His time to shine was clearly during this preseason. If he managed to play his way past Brown then he'd still only get minimal snaps with the first team.

It's a setback but were how big a setback is tough to gage.