Walker to LT, Bell to RT?

I like this guess- Oher or A smith at 11 and starts at LG his 1st year.

I'll just keep saying it...both will be off the board by 11.

J. Smith and E. Monroe are gone in the top 4 picks.

A. Smith goes #6 to Cincinnati.

M. Oher goes #9 to Green Bay or #10 to SF.

What I fear the most is a delay in determining this year's O-Line starter lineup. I hope the coaches know by minicamp.

BTW, don't discount Britton at #28:

Offensive Tackle Wonderlics - Eben Britton 31, Eugene Monroe 24, Jason Smith 23, Michael Oher 19, Andre Smith 17

I'd keep Walker at RT, where he's best suited, and give Bell and then Chambers long looks at LT. Then if neither can hack it, put Walker at LT and Chambers or Bell at RT.

I'm with you; let Bell and Chambers fight it out at LT. Even though I hate an early pick, you can throw him in the mix as well; just leave Walker where he is!

I think Bell is going to really surprise this year IMO. I also believe we will add a OL player with one of first 3 picks, so that lineup as projected will probably change.

IIRC, Spencer Johnson has had high praise for Bell. The team always seems to have a plan when things like this happen. It's too early to be screaming bloody murder. JMO

Bell could be a lot better than anyone realizes. :thumbsup:

IIRC, Spencer Johnson has had high praise for Bell. The team always seems to have a plan when things like this happen. It's too early to be screaming bloody murder. JMO

Bell could be a lot better than anyone realizes. :thumbsup:

yeah, when I think buffalo bills, i think well run team with highly effective contingency plans allowing them to remain playoff calibre teams year after year :thumbsup:

The "plan" is to close ranks, make minimal changes to the squad, and educate the fans on how difficult it is to win in the NFL

What I fear the most is a delay in determining this year's O-Line starter lineup. I hope the coaches know by minicamp.

BTW, don't discount Britton at #28:

Offensive Tackle Wonderlics - Eben Britton 31, Eugene Monroe 24, Jason Smith 23, Michael Oher 19, Andre Smith 17

Or William Beatty from UConn

Let me say that I hated to see Jason Peters get traded but I also didn't want no one on the team that didn't want to be here. Goodbye Jason, I hope the fans in Philly treat you like you deserve to be treated. I still think the Bills will take the DE(Everette Brown) at 11 and draft OT(Beatty or Britton) at 28.

why the hell would you take Mack with a first round pick when he is the 3rd rated center- does anybody follow the trends?

Look at last years draft which had two centers taken in the 6th. When this kind of talent is talked for 1st and 2nd rounds and you need that kind of help and the guy is there you had better take him. I hope he is there com the 28th pick. I'd still like to see Buffalo trade the 11th down and pick up an extra 3rd.

yeah, when I think buffalo bills, i think well run team with highly effective contingency plans allowing them to remain playoff calibre teams year after year :thumbsup:

The "plan" is to close ranks, make minimal changes to the squad, and educate the fans on how difficult it is to win in the NFL

BINGO :thumbsup:

I'll just keep saying it...both will be off the board by 11.

J. Smith and E. Monroe are gone in the top 4 picks.

A. Smith goes #6 to Cincinnati.

M. Oher goes #9 to Green Bay or #10 to SF.

Absolutely Bandit! Oher and big boobies will be gone by the time we pick. Left Tackles are at a premium. Britton would be the logical choice with our second 1st round pick.

Absolutely Bandit! Oher and big boobies will be gone by the time we pick. Left Tackles are at a premium. Britton would be the logical choice with our second 1st round pick.

I was wondering when you two would find each other, :thumbsup:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I dont think that Oher will be gone. In fact, I'm willing to bet that both Smith and Oher will be there when we pick at #11.

So who played at LT last year when Peters was out: Walker or Chambers?
In week 1, Walker played LT and Chambers played RT, because that's how they had been practicing.

In weeks 2+, when Peters wasn't able to play an entire game, Chambers filled in for him because Walker was playing/practicing at RT those weeks.

IMO you really need 7 solid OL to have a chance, typically the only 7 that would dress when everyone is healthy. In addition to the starters, you need a #3 OT who isn't going to embarrass you at either OT spot if he has to play on a moments notice, and you need an interior lineman who'll do the same.

No matter what people were saying off the field about Bell, as of the end of last season Chambers was obviously ahead of him on the depth chart. So as of now, it should probably look like this:

Chambers-McKinney-Hangartner-Butler-Walker

Bell is the backup OT, and draft the backup C/G with #28. Of course, it's always good to have competition. It would nice if Bell performed well enough to compete with Chambers for that spot, or if the draft pick competed for one of the starting jobs.

I think Bell is going to really surprise this year IMO. I also believe we will add a OL player with one of first 3 picks, so that lineup as projected will probably change.

Yeah, Bell could, but no one, not even the Bills know what they have in Bell until he's battle tested.

Big gamble, very big gamble......

Besides, we should have at least gotten Philly's 21st pick in round 1, and a third....fi they had one. This

is crap.

...and Edwards to the turf..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11642184

I'm shocked cbssports.com even knew who Bell was. Yeah that's a great plan. Bell was one of our 7th round draft picks last year, so the Wilson Bills could play him another 4 years and not have to worry about paying him squat while they hope he is another diamond in the rough like Peters was. :thumbsup:

Welcome Alex Mack boys - with the 28th - he is ours and we will be better....

Wow, Alex Mack, I forgot about him. I love the kid, and have even posted the Bills should use their number 11 choice on him to shore up the center position for the next 10 years. Of course that was before we dumped our Pro Bowl LT off to Philly. How ironic. Now the Bills own the perfect pick to "not have to reach" for Mack, and they have to use it on the best tackle available instead. Or, the best pass rusher instead, if they use 11 for the tackle. Either way, now with Peters gone, they don't have the luxury of drafting Mack, unless he's still around when they pick in the second round.