People have been wondering where Adam Schefter is...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/15/...hefter-to-espn/

Sources: Schefter To ESPN

Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2009, 8:39 p.m. EDT

Several league and industry sources have told us that Adam Schefter, who still is under contract with NFL Network, will join ESPN later this year.

Schefter is still under contract with NFLN, but he has not appeared on the air since early March. Schefter told Neil Best of Newsday on March 23 that he remains under contract with NFL Network until the middle of August.

It remains to be seen whether and to what extent Schefter’s arrival affects the current NFL insider lineup at ESPN. At a minimum, it could make for a spirited-to-the-point-of-awkward in-house rivalry between Schefter, Chris Mortensen, John Clayton, Michael Smith, and the army of beat-writers-turned-bloggers who compete to break news.

How many people does ESPN need to report breaking NFL news?!

I can't wait to see the split screen with Mort, Clayton, and Schefter. Those three fighting it out to break football news should be interesting TV.

Then again, is there really that much football news (especially post draft) for ESPN to have those three along with Michael Smith?

Sell out.

Indeed...I always rooted for Shefter to break stories because he wasn't ESPN (no offense Tim) and it raised everybody's game. Shefter was one of the only reasons to watch NFLN.

I guess its like a position at McDonalds though, take one out and you can put anyone else in there and do the same job just as well with all the NFL sources there.

Bingo--"and we have a winner, ladies and gentlemen"......

Doubt it. NFL insiders talk to outsiders...be they NFLN or ESPN...for a reason. To plant stories, keep the fame meter running or just for ego-sake.

I gotta believe Schefter's going to work harder to break stories than the ESPN old farts Mort, Pasta Belly or Grand Gazoo. If anything, this seems like a win-win if ESPN phases out the old guard for the new.

He lost his credibility as an "indiser" when I saw a story the NFLN did where they were in the production room and he didn't know what Tecmo Bowl was. Are you kdding me! That was arguably the best football video game ever! I can't listen to him any more after that.

He lost his credibility as an "indiser" when I saw a story the NFLN did where they were in the production room and he didn't know what Tecmo Bowl was. Are you kdding me! That was arguably the best football video game ever! I can't listen to him any more after that.

What the hell is an "indiser"??

I still have Tecmo Bowl. Want to play? I'll put $1000 on it.

Its easier to regurgitate other folks thoughts. Makes you look smart. At least it works in grad school.

So sharing the same opinion as someone else qualifies as "regurgitating?"

:thumbsup: pwned

I really hope you're joking about that, seeing as how the McCann Award recipient was covering the NFL long before anyone had ever heard of Tecmo Bowl.

I really hope you're joking about that, seeing as how the McCann Award recipient was covering the NFL long before anyone had ever heard of Tecmo Bowl.

I was reffering to Schefter and yes I was kidding. But if you saw the story on NFLN and the reaction of Rod Woodson and the other former NFL players you would have cracked up. They were laughing at the guy until he left the room. He's just not my favorite and now him and Mort will be split screen, wonderful.