Get Er Done Russ!

Lv-Bills

TG would be nice, but I'd agree that a second rounder would be better used on a young promising TE or in a trade for some concussion....errrr.....Edwards protection in the form of a some OL help.

Because we have had such resounding success drafting tight ends over the years? No thanks, only 2 years of TG will not make me pine for those 4 extra years of watching Derek Fine, Schouman and Tim Euhus sit on the bench or run some stupid H-back scheme.

True! Look at the deadwood we've brought in over the past few years at TE. And suddenly we are going to draft a "promising young TE" in the 2nd this year?

under it's little player notes that the Chiefs will be fielding offers for Tony Gonzalez. This is slightly different news than TG to the Falcons, although they do mention the Falcons as a good suitor for TG.

The notes simply say that the Chiefs will be looking for a second rounder for TG. All I know is that the Bills 2nd rounder is higher than Atlanta's. What I really wonder though, is that if there is really interest in TG or not. One would have to think so.

Could you imagine a lineup of: One back set....

RB: Lynch/Freddie

WR: Evans

WR: Owens

WR: Reed

TE: Gonzalez

I mean, how do you stop that?

COME ON, ONE MORE MOVE.......One more. Please, lol. Hey Russ, I'll buy TG's jersey!

:devil:

no way am i giving up our #2 who would be our stud LG no way!

I would rather use that pick on a TE of our own this year.

No way. The Bills have too many holes to worry about fixing TE through the draft if TG is in reach. If you can get him for a 2009 3rd, a 2010 3rd and a 2009 5th, I think you pull the trigger. I mean what the hell? The Bills need to rebuild w/ cheap youthful players, I agree, but lets concentrate on doing that on our lines via the draft. Pettigrew is a standout, but Gresham will be around next year, who was touted as a better prospect (in terms of stretching the field) than Pettigrew anyways.

Plus, after Pettigrew, there is little to no consensus on who the next best TE is available. Jared Cook is supposed to be an athletic freak in the Dustin Keller mold, Travis Beckum aside from durability concerns was the top TE prospect going into the year and had a good combine showing, and Cornelius Ingram from the Gators is supposed to have a lot of upside. And obviously the Bills fan favorite, Chase Coffman. I'm sure one of those guys will be available to us.

I just think the Bills established this year that at least offensively, they are going for it. You don't sign TO for one year and then pass up the opportunity to acquire TG for a short stint as well.

under it's little player notes that the Chiefs will be fielding offers for Tony Gonzalez. This is slightly different news than TG to the Falcons, although they do mention the Falcons as a good suitor for TG.

The notes simply say that the Chiefs will be looking for a second rounder for TG. All I know is that the Bills 2nd rounder is higher than Atlanta's. What I really wonder though, is that if there is really interest in TG or not. One would have to think so.

COME ON, ONE MORE MOVE.......One more. Please, lol. Hey Russ, I'll buy TG's jersey!

:devil:

with a pass rush. Our Offensive line sucks.

I would rather use that pick on a TE of our own this year.

so you want to use it on another TE pick by the organization that will be off the team in two years producing nothing instead of having a proven commodity for the next two years that can actually produce????

:rolleyes:

If your OL is a sieve and your LT allows 12 sacks again then you will get stuffed no matter who you have at those other spots.

Even with Peters' giving-up 11.5 sacks last year, Trent took less than 2 sacks a game (actually, 1.84, not counting the Cards game and half of the SF game, which he missed). If Peters has a full off-season and training camp, Hangartner proves to be an upgrade over Fowler/Preston, and the starting LG gives a spit, the Bills' O-line will not be a sieve.

Even with Peters' giving-up 11.5 sacks last year, Trent took less than 2 sacks a game (actually, 1.84, not counting the Cards game and half of the SF game, which he missed). If Peters has a full off-season and training camp, Hangartner proves to be an upgrade over Fowler/Preston, and the starting LG gives a spit, the Bills' O-line will not be a sieve.

How does one judge that Peters gave up the sacks? Is that an actual stat?

There in one thing missing from your lineup: A quarterback that can get them the ball and have time to get them the ball. You can't will with all skill position players, who is going to block?

How does one judge that Peters gave up the sacks? Is that an actual stat?

STATS has a stat for the number of sacks given-up by offensive linemen. I don't know how they get the stats (i.e. by watching games or reading the stat sheet and seeing how many sacks the RDE got against a LT), though.

Drop eight into coverage, and hope their is a glove wearing mary under center.

You pound the QB before he gets a chance to deliver the ball. If we can't block, all the weapons won't help much.

I wouldn't worry too much. Fat tub-o-lard Peters will be gone by then. A traffic cone would have given up fewer sacks last year.

PTR

Sounds like a last second ploy from K.C. to see if they can get anything better then Atls second rounder. The deal is probably already in place. It makes more sense for K.C to trade him out of confrence. If the Bills want him they would prob have to give up a second and maybe a later pick. Sounds like he is already wearing black and red.