Trent Edwards

If Trent Edwards was a first rd draft choice would you consider him to be a bust? I know people say that he has a winning record. Did you ever check the win and lost record of the teams that he won againts. He has a 12 and 11 record as a starter , but the teams that he won againts the last two years have a win and lost record of 57 wins and 135 lost. I'm glad he won those games, but he should've won those games. The way he played after that great start, scares me. I would feel better about our QB position if Leftwich would sign with us. Its a shame that Garcia hates Owens because he would've been the best QB for this team.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QBs don't have WL records, teams do, so do coaches.

Check it out in the stats section of NFL.com

But, but, but how can you say that? Kyle Orton has a better W-L record overall than Jay Cutler. That means he's a better QB right? The Broncos used it as a reason they wanted him in that deal :thumbsup:

Why do coaches? It is not like they can miss a FG, throw an interception or miss a tackle.

Oh and a LOT of people thought the world was flat - never made it true despite campaigns to prove it.

Correlating wins and losses to the single player who touches the ball the most is far from a stretch.

so if you agree y did u mention his record in the op? :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I wrote that. I hear people say that alot about Edwards win and lost record. They said that alot when there was rumers about Cutler, saying they didn't want Cutler because he had a losting record. I would take Cutler anyday over Edwards. The reason Denver didn't have a winning record was because they had one of the worst defense in football. But if you read those forums about Culter alot people use win ,lost record as why edwards is better. Thats why I wrote about the records of the teams we beat. I think we should've beaten those teams with the win and lost record those teams had.

Rex Grossman sends his thanks for your support.

A QB's win loss record is a reasonable factor (not the sole determinant) in evaluating his play. If you don't think there is a correlation between the player who touches the ball the most and the ultimate outcome of the game, you are kidding yourself.

If Trent Edwards was a first rd draft choice would you consider him to be a bust? I know people say that he has a winning record. Did you ever check the win and lost record of the teams that he won againts. He has a 12 and 11 record as a starter , but the teams that he won againts the last two years have a win and lost record of 57 wins and 135 lost. I'm glad he won those games, but he should've won those games. The way he played after that great start, scares me. I would feel better about our QB position if Leftwich would sign with us. Its a shame that Garcia hates Owens because he would've been the best QB for this team.

But he wasn't a first round pick. He was supposed to be developed slowly as we found out about Losman. Unfortunately, Losman got hurt and ultimately flopped and Edwards was threw into the fire. So for a 3rd round pick, he has be amazing. i really don't know many QBs that would succeed with our receiving core. Josh Reed is a great 33 receiver but a terrible #2 (one of the worst in the league). Robert Royal is a terrible starting TE and hurt the team more than he helped it.

Year 3 is the year that most players make the jump or fall on their faces. I have to assume the Bills will get the line sorted out and we will be able to fully judge TE because he finally has weapons. Additionally, I think it is very important to get a tight end to be Trent's security blanket (I'm huge fan of trading down and getting Pettigrew).

And if Trent decided to go to Cal, Michigan, or UCLA instead of Standford, he would have be a 1st rounder. http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Spo...amp;pr_key=1949 But because he was a moron and cared about more than just football, his growth was stunted because the Cardinal were miserbale.

A QB's win loss record is a reasonable factor (not the sole determinant) in evaluating his play. If you don't think there is a correlation between the player who touches the ball the most and the ultimate outcome of the game, you are kidding yourself.

Wow. I'm agreeing with the Dawgg. But he's right. Some guys are better at making the plays that win games than others. When bledsoe got replace by Brady, Bledsoe was a far superior statistical QB than Brady. However, Brady managed the game and didn't take the negative plays (sacks/ turnovers) that DB did.

And I apologize in advance for bringing him up, but that is the problem with Losman. He has all the tools but takes negative plays at the worst times. Edwards, while not possessing the athleticism of JP, is better at making the plays that win games.

however, a valid concern of this is that Trent is too smart and careful. It may realize in him getting gun shy if he makes a mistake (the Cleveland game, though I was at the game and somehow missed every INT he threw). He needs to realize that making a bad paly happens and to have a short term memory.

BTW, the CENTER touches the ball the most, so maybe he should get the W-L record. :thumbsup:

Wow. I'm agreeing with the Dawgg. But he's right. Some guys are better at making the plays that win games than others. When bledsoe got replace by Brady, Bledsoe was a far superior statistical QB than Brady. However, Brady managed the game and didn't take the negative plays (sacks/ turnovers) that DB did.

And I apologize in advance for bringing him up, but that is the problem with Losman. He has all the tools but takes negative plays at the worst times. Edwards, while not possessing the athleticism of JP, is better at making the plays that win games.

however, a valid concern of this is that Trent is too smart and careful. It may realize in him getting gun shy if he makes a mistake (the Cleveland game, though I was at the game and somehow missed every INT he threw). He needs to realize that making a bad paly happens and to have a short term memory.

Big Ben take alot of sacks and he has alot of turnovers

Are you saying that Garcia is the one who has problems with Owens, and Owens has no ill feelings towards Garcia?

I don't know everything that happened between these two guys, but considering the stupid things that Owens said about Garcia, I would'nt blame Garcia for hating Owens.