Who has ESPN Insider?? They are reporting..

kdipirro

He played some RB at LSU in his freshman year. Of course, he won the Biletnikoff award winner, so he definitely was a WR. But, while I was joking about him being an RB option for the Bills, he probably could play the position better than most would assume...he loves contact and is a terrific athlete. Of course, he's getting on in years, and doesn't have the speed needed at this point in time.

Josh Reed, on a better team, with a more creative offensive strategy, could have been on hell of a player. Even wearing the chains of the Bills incompetency, he is still extremely valuable to the team.

Don't really agree with that at all. Reed is a good guy and works hard, he is maxed out. He is what he is - a smaller, average to below average speed, possession receiver. No team could do more with Reed because he isn't talented enough. He is a really good #3 receiver and that is about it. Add to that his struggle with drops, before last year, he was a borderline NFL receiver.

Now if you wanna argue about Parrish being misused, I agree 100%. He needs to have at least 3 or 4 touches every game.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He played some RB at LSU in his freshman year. Of course, he won the Biletnikoff award winner, so he definitely was a WR. But, while I was joking about him being an RB option for the Bills, he probably could play the position better than most would assume...he loves contact and is a terrific athlete. Of course, he's getting on in years, and doesn't have the speed needed at this point in time.

Josh Reed, on a better team, with a more creative offensive strategy, could have been on hell of a player. Even wearing the chains of the Bills incompetency, he is still extremely valuable to the team.

Not sure if I agree with that. I don't think Reed has - or has ever had - the speed to be that kind of scat back guy who can carry it and be dangerous catching the ball. He also doesn't have the bulk at RB at 5'10" 200 lbs. I like Reed for what he does well, but I'm not sure that our offensive scheme is what's keeping him from Canton.

Not sure if I agree with that. I don't think Reed has - or has ever had - the speed to be that kind of scat back guy who can carry it and be dangerous catching the ball. He also doesn't have the bulk at RB at 5'10" 200 lbs. I like Reed for what he does well, but I'm not sure that our offensive scheme is what's keeping him from Canton.

Agreed.

Nice post Leonidas.McKelvin.

All this foolish Josh Reed to RB talk is reminding me of the TSW brethren calling for

Eric Moulds to be signed last off-season to play tight end. :thumbsup:

ive said it for a while now Fred Jackson is a better RB then Lynch except for power. Jackson catches the ball better out of the backfield finds holes a lot faster and is more patient running the ball. I like Lynch, but Jackson is the better of the 2. I wouldnt complain if they find a way to trade Lynch and get another young stud at RB. With his character issues and all, itmight be time to blow it up and part ways.

But in the end I bet their is some truth to this report.

The only part of anything that Fred Jackson is better at than Lynch is staying out of trouble off of the field. Having a wife and kids, is probably a good part of the reason why Jackson has reached a level of maturity that Lynch can't get close to yet. As far as producing on the field, whether running or catching, Jackson doesn't compare to Lynch at this point.

The only part of anything that Fred Jackson is better at than Lynch is staying out of trouble off of the field. Having a wife and kids, is probably a good part of the reason why Jackson has reached a level of maturity that Lynch can't get close to yet. As far as producing on the field, whether running or catching, Jackson doesn't compare to Lynch at this point.

I like both guys, but what has Lynch done thus far in this league that makes it fair to say that Jackson "doesn't compare" to him? IMO, and I'm not alone, Jackson did a better job (MUCH better, at times) of identifying and hitting holes last year when the Bills gave him the football. As Mauraders said, the only thing that Jackson doesn't have as much as Lynch is the power factor, but Freddy doesn't give up on runs and can gain a couple extra yards if need be, like we saw last year. He might not have the sheer power game of Lynch, but he arguably has better vision, instinct, and hands as a runningback at this stage. Not to say that I don't like Lynch as a back moving forward, but it's really unfair to Jackson to say that he doesn't compare to Lynch. At least right now.

I disagree. Last year Jackson found and hit the hole much better than Lynch in my opinion.

Whether he is a candidate for Canton is not the subject here and I am not making anything remotely close to that assertion. What I do think is that he is a gutsy player who has played at or above his level of God-given skills. And yes, I think he would have done very well if given a chance at some designed end-arounds.

The Bills need to sign Jackson to a long-term deal. As for Lynch, they should probably take a wait-and-see approach to him. They can get by without him for three games, and--if they're lucky--this will be the last time he's suspended for doing something stupid. But whether it is or it isn't, there are too many other needs on this team for the Bills to use an early draft pick on a RB.

Whether he is a candidate for Canton is not the subject here and I am not making anything remotely close to that assertion. What I do think is that he is a gutsy player who has played at or above his level of God-given skills. And yes, I think he would have done very well if given a chance at some designed end-arounds.

You quoted the wrong post. The 'Canton' comment was aimed at the Dean. But Reed is probably the worst WR to try on an end around (maybe Hardy - he seems to just lumber out there for a guy who ran a 4.49). Reed ran the 40 in 4.54 back in '02. Do you think he's gotten any faster? He is probably our slowest WR and you want to try him out on a play that is predicated on speed and quickness? Because he's 'gutsy'?? Everyone's gutsy. They're professional football players.

End-arounds? Nope. "Wildcat" stuff? Yup. Anyone remember the display of broken-field running he put on to score a long TD against the Pats a couple of years back?

And yeah, I've wondered more than once how he'd look as a third-down back. But because he's been one of the top three wideouts for most of his time here, we've never really seen them try it.

End-arounds? Nope. "Wildcat" stuff? Yup. Anyone remember the display of broken-field running he put on to score a long TD against the Pats a couple of years back?

And yeah, I've wondered more than once how he'd look as a third-down back. But because he's been one of the top three wideouts for most of his time here, we've never really seen them try it.

Lori gets it.

End-arounds? Nope.

Thank you.

"Wildcat" stuff? Yup. Anyone remember the display of broken-field running he put on to score a long TD against the Pats a couple of years back?

Why? Can he throw?

That I'd be interested in seeing.

Given that RB #1 is suspended, and RB #2 is unsigned, it wouldn't take much to consider any signing as an "upgrade".

Jackson is a restricted rights free agent, which means either he signs or he never plays in the NFL again. Which do you think will happen?