Republican Tea Bagging is sweeping the nation!

Have you EVER heard of an Ethics Committee?

Whatever happened to Fair lending and consumer protection practices?

I've hear all the arguments that it's Clintons fault, so...

Since you deem me unknowledgeable ... I'd love to see a link that proves your point.

And here's the kicker.... IF it's TRUE why didn't Bush's Administration FIX the problem?

It was a republican congresional bill that got pushed from the Clinton admin in either 98 or 99. Obviously Clinton signed.

in 96 before the new congress took over the white house (Bush and crew) along with repubs in congress seeing the errors of their way, tried to lock down the dereg. It got shot down and never passed as the dems stopped it (specifically Frank and his buddies who were profiting big time). Not sure at that point if it would have helped as the forcing of bad loans was already pretty rampant due to laws from 98/99. it took a while for the mortgage market to come up with and be creative in finding ways to actually get the papers sold to investors on the questionable loans. What happened to cause the market to fail, has to do with accounting practices, specifically (mark to market) that devalued the housing bonds so much that banks were forced to come up with new cash reserves as the paper value when below the loan guarentees.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you EVER heard of an Ethics Committee?

Whatever happened to Fair lending and consumer protection practices?

I've hear all the arguments that it's Clintons fault, so...

Since you deem me unknowledgeable ... I'd love to see a link that proves your point.

And here's the kicker.... IF it's TRUE why didn't Bush's Administration FIX the problem?

This is what I'm talking about. I never said it was Clinton's fault. I said it's the result of thirty years of government policy promoting home ownership as a right rather than a responsibility. It's impossible to discuss it with you while you keep filtering other people's arguments through your whacked-out surreal world-view.

This is what I'm talking about. I never said it was Clinton's fault. I said it's the result of thirty years of government policy promoting home ownership as a right rather than a responsibility. It's impossible to discuss it with you while you keep filtering other people's arguments through your whacked-out surreal world-view.

Typical Right Wing BS ... start with calling names and attacking the people. :thumbsup:

You may not have said it Tom, but many "Conservative" Republicans do blame Clinton and crew.

Again my argument is if it was so wrong why in the 8 years under Bush wasn't it fixed?

Obama reversed how many Bush isms in his first month? Bush HAD the ploitical CLOUT and the Majority of the Houses long enough to FIX it. FACTS are he did NOTHING to remedy the situation.

You can play dodge ball all you want. it's you that's living in denial.

And I'm still waiting for your "proof"

Typical Right Wing BS ... start with calling names and attacking the people. :thumbsup:

You may not have said it Tom, but many "Conservative" Republicans do blame Clinton and crew.

Again my argument is if it was so wrong why in the 8 years under Bush wasn't it fixed?

Obama reversed how many Bush isms in his first month? Bush HAD the ploitical CLOUT and the Majority of the Houses long enough to FIX it. FACTS are he did NOTHING to remedy the situation.

You can play dodge ball all you want. it's you that's living in denial.

And I'm still waiting for your "proof"

I'm not "attacking" you, I'm simply taking the very reasonable and demonstrable position that you are not capable of understanding the discussion. Hell, you still think I'm "right wing", you still insist in blaming a single individual for a long-term systemic problem that you can't even understand. We can't discuss this until you do your homework on the subject.

That's not a personal attack, that's an observation of the limits of your knowledge an ability. Calling you the dumbest !@#$ing spud on the planet...that would be a personal attack, albiet a completely accurate one.

It's very un-American to criticize the American dream. :thumbsup:

you still insist in blaming a single individual for a long-term systemic problem that you can't even understand.

Lets agree that I am takign the same stand as the Conservatices / Republicans...

over 80% of Conservatices / Republicans want to blame a single individual for a long-term systemic problem.

It's nice of you to see you admit that.

P.S.

I'm still waiting for the link or posted document where the Fereral Gov ORDERED banks to issue "risky" loans.

And a bank manager demanding his/her EMPLOYEES meet a quota is not the same thing.

P.S.

I'm still waiting for the link or posted document where the Fereral Gov ORDERED banks to issue "risky" loans.

P.S.S. I'm still waiting for the the gun that was held to everyone's head that MADE them buy a house they couldn't afford on terms they couldn't understand.

I guess there's no room for personal accountability.

Lets agree that I am takign the same stand as the Conservatices / Republicans...

over 80% of Conservatices / Republicans want to blame a single individual for a long-term systemic problem.

It's nice of you to see you admit that.

P.S.

And a bank manager demanding his/her EMPLOYEES meet a quota is not the same thing.

In all the times you've paraphrased me, you haven't once yet hit on anything I've ever said.

You really are a lunatic, you know that?

P.S.S. I'm still waiting for the the gun that was held to everyone's head that MADE them buy a house they couldn't afford on terms they couldn't understand.

I guess there's no room for personal accountability.

Did I say that these people were not stupid?

Stupid people look up to their POTUS for sage advice. They swallowed Bush's LIES hook line and sinker.

Banks SHOULD have NEVER let them sign on the dotted line!!!

Would you loan money to someone you knew would NEVER pay it back?

Did I say that these people were not stupid?

Stupid people look up to their POTUS for sage advice. They swallowed Bush's LIES hook line and sinker.

Banks SHOULD have NEVER let them sign on the dotted line!!!

Would you loan money to someone you knew would NEVER pay it back?

Then let the stupid people and the stupid banks figure things out on their own. The fastest way to overcome stupidity is to make stupid mistakes. If you don't learn from your stupid mistakes, then forgive me but the idea of the government stepping in to to save you from your own stupidity --whether you're buying a house you can't afford or lending money you know won't be paid back -- doesn't only keep you from being free, but it strips you of your freedom while adding a new level of stupidity to your own stupidity.

Personal responsibility and accountability. Give it a try. Let us win and lose on our own, and face our own consequences.

And I would argue that as I type this, both of us are loaning money to someone we know will never pay us back. Unless you're stupid enough to think you'll collect social security one day, in which case not even the government can help that level of stupidity.

I have a great idea!!

Lets let stupid people go out and buy some guns and then we can send them to your neighborhood and see what kind of mistakes they make!!

The first mistake they would make is coming into my neighborhood.

You have an amazing sense that people are somehow unable to exist without the government taking care of everyone's well being. The good news is, given your inability to take care of yourself, you have the best possible leadership money could buy.

You have an amazing sense that people are somehow unable to exist without the government taking care of everyone's well being. The good news is, given your inability to take care of yourself, you have the best possible leadership money could buy.

I don't always agree with the conservative crowd and you know me for being liberal... But, you are absolutely right...

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein

You are WRONG on so many levels!!!!

What are the basics in Christianity?

Did Jesus teach you to ignore thy neighbor?

Or did he say "love thy neighbor as thyself"

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Give unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's.

You are WRONG on so many levels!!!!

What are the basics in Christianity?

Did Jesus teach you to ignore thy neighbor?

Or did he say "love thy neighbor as thyself"

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Give unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's.

My bad. You see, all this time I thought Jesus was talking to ME. Giving ME guidance on how to life my life. I didn't realize he wasn't talking to ME, but rather he was talking to the federal government and telling THEM what they should do for the people since the people clearly have no !@#$king clue on how to do it themselves.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I can now return to defying Jesus until I the federal government tells me how I am supposed to behave.

My bad. You see, all this time I thought Jesus was talking to ME. Giving ME guidance on how to life my life. I didn't realize he wasn't talking to ME, but rather he was talking to the federal government and telling THEM what they should do for the people since the people clearly have no !@#$king clue on how to do it themselves.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I can now return to defying Jesus until I the federal government tells me how I am supposed to behave.

Didn't you know? The federal government is built on Christian values. Which is why we need to take "under God" out of the Pledge of Allegiance.

:rolleyes:

The Conservative Republicans are now against Christian Morals?

What changed?

I do recall Bush speaking about his "conversations" with God / Jesus.

Bush kissed Evangelical ass whenever he could (mainly at election time) then stabbed them in the back.