Where is NFL.com's Adam Schefter???

Anyone?

I haven't seen any posts from him on NFL.com since March 6th. What gives?

no kidding i thought he was on vacation but not any more with the draft around the corner. this does not look good because they have said nothing i hope he is not sick.

All Schefter would say about it Monday was this: "I’m under contract to NFL Network until the middle of August, and I’ve been very happy there and I’m hoping we can work things out."

The NFL Network's statement on this matter: "We are moving forward with the talented staff who will be on NFL Network and NFL.com during the 2009 season."

I would suspect that like Marshall Faulk who went missing a few weeks back and has returned, he is taking some vacation time. I'd imagine he will return the week before the draft,just a guess.

no kidding i thought he was on vacation but not any more with the draft around the corner. this does not look good because they have said nothing i hope he is not sick.

Here's the original piece from Newsday. It's not much more than RJ posted. Salary dispute for sure. And Adam is playing hardball by all appearances.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog...isappeared.html

Here's the original piece from Newsday. It's not much more than RJ posted. Salary dispute for sure. And Adam is playing hardball by all appearances.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog...isappeared.html

Hardball "for insane bucks" is the story I heard from someone who attended the league meetings. (No, not Graham.)

It's called leverage...

It sounds like he's burning bridges with absurd contract demands. If that's the case, I doubt most other networks (who know what he's doing) would be receptive to hiring someone who negotiates in this way.

It's called leverage...

Don't know if he's playing the right cards. With some NFL teams laying off

people, and others threatening to, now may not be the right time for him

to do this.

I don't care if he does get fed scoops from his employer or not, I like his easy

style and think he has pretty good football sense.

What?!? The guy can't take a vacation? I'm starting vacation after today, as I'm sure many are.

The guys' been spot on for years and carries himself well on camera. Given the other talking heads referenced in this thread, Shefter would be missed.

Happy Easter all!

This is the prime season for draft experts. They take their vacations in the summer after the draft. It's like retailers don't take vacations in early December.

It sounds like he's burning bridges with absurd contract demands. If that's the case, I doubt most other networks (who know what he's doing) would be receptive to hiring someone who negotiates in this way.

Yeah, sort of how the NFL treats star players. :blink:

Talent will always get paid by somebody....

He is very good at what he does and will be missed on the NFL Network if he ends up leaving. From the sounds of it, he is still under contract and they are purposely sitting him until his contract is up or they resolve whatever issues there are. This time of year is when you would expect him to be on the NFL Network almost 24/7.

He's an asset to NFLN. He is always spot on and is very good at getting and reporting accurate information. They need to do whatever it takes to keep him there. He's one of the few "good" people they have. Jamie Dukes, Warren Sapp and Charles Davis are all knuckleheads. Terrell Davis is okay sometimes. I watch NFLN a lot and I find these guys rather sub par.

He's an asset to NFLN. He is always spot on and is very good at getting and reporting accurate information. They need to do whatever it takes to keep him there. He's one of the few "good" people they have. Jamie Dukes, Warren Sapp and Charles Davis are all knuckleheads. Terrell Davis is okay sometimes. I watch NFLN a lot and I find these guys rather sub par.

We're talking about the same guy who didn't even know Laverneous Coles was visiting with the Bills right? Adam Shefters are a dime a dozen. The next kiss-ass will come along, start getting scoops, and then move along too. Alot of the Shefter types, Mort, Clayton, etc, are so pathetic anymore in outscooping each other, that one can find the news usually on the internet somewhere, if not first, then 30 seconds after it comes out.

It's fun listening to these guys, don't get me wrong, but they it seems like they tend to be guessing and grasping at straws more than 50% of time just like the rest of us are anymore. And you can tell, some teams won't talk to any of them.

I wish NFL TV networks would quit thinking that the actual personalities draw people to watch their shows. We all watch only because it's the NFL. Just give us the news and quit making the shows about the people hosting them.

We're talking about the same guy who didn't even know Laverneous Coles was visiting with the Bills right? Adam Shefters are a dime a dozen. The next kiss-ass will come along, start getting scoops, and then move along too. Alot of the Shefter types, Mort, Clayton, etc, are so pathetic anymore in outscooping each other, that one can find the news usually on the internet somewhere, if not first, then 30 seconds after it comes out.

It's fun listening to these guys, don't get me wrong, but they it seems like they tend to be guessing and grasping at straws more than 50% of time just like the rest of us are anymore. And you can tell, some teams won't talk to any of them.

I wish NFL TV networks would quit thinking that the actual personalities draw people to watch their shows. We all watch only because it's the NFL. Just give us the news and quit making the shows about the people hosting them.

Everyone's got an opinion on the talking heads of sports news reporting, but I've found Schefter to be well-spoken and very accurate with his information and reporting. He's one of the more tolerable personalities on NFLN.