Make or Break season for Trent Edwards?

Yes, but he's got the best chance in that group, IMO. I don't see how Russell is in a make or break season. He surely needs to improve, but he's not going anywhere for now. Jake Delhomme is declining and he might be in trouble this year. Edwards is better than Campbell and at least as good as Garrard. Trent has the best weapons and should be able to do some damage this year.

Of course it is, with TO and Evans it has to be. Although the O-line has to be addressed first. Can't blame him if Bell and Chambers are our starters this year.

Can we see how Bell and Chambers play before we give him a free pass? Thats if we don't address the O-line at all, which is tough to imagine.

Of course it is, with TO and Evans it has to be. Although the O-line has to be addressed first. Can't blame him if Bell and Chambers are our starters this year.

That is a very stupid statement. What makes you think that Bell and Chambers are going to be bad? I guarantee you that either one of them plays better than Dockery did at LG. And the way Peters played last year, most anyone we bring in to play LT will be an upgrade as well. Just because Bell is not a stud 1st round pick does not mean he is going to SUCK. Why don't you wait and watch what Bell and/or Chambers do before annointing them as failures?

Don't try and make excuses for Edwards because of a mediocre O line. No QB in the NFL gets loads of time to throw and get comfortable game in and game out. Being a top QB is being able to make plays while under pressure. Don't forget that the guys on D are paid just like the offensive players are.

That is a very stupid statement. What makes you think that Bell and Chambers are going to be bad? I guarantee you that either one of them plays better than Dockery did at LG. And the way Peters played last year, most anyone we bring in to play LT will be an upgrade as well.

Talk about stupid statements.

That is a very stupid statement. What makes you think that Bell and Chambers are going to be bad? I guarantee you that either one of them plays better than Dockery did at LG. And the way Peters played last year, most anyone we bring in to play LT will be an upgrade as well. Just because Bell is not a stud 1st round pick does not mean he is going to SUCK. Why don't you wait and watch what Bell and/or Chambers do before annointing them as failures?

Don't try and make excuses for Edwards because of a mediocre O line. No QB in the NFL gets loads of time to throw and get comfortable game in and game out. Being a top QB is being able to make plays while under pressure. Don't forget that the guys on D are paid just like the offensive players are.

I agree 100%. I also think we will add a veteran G in FA before camp.

Talk about stupid statements.

I don't think it is a stupid statement, although it is obviously an overstatement. Peters sucked last year. Walker played better at LT than Peters. You could argue that even Chambers played better at times. I think the argument for me is this, is Peters really the best LT in football ? I don't think he is. I don't think he deserves to be paid like he is. I also think that no matter what he ends up signing for, he will be a malcontent again once a few more linemen sign for more money than him. He is not worth the headache. Are we going to the playoffs this year with him...probably not. Can we find a suitable replacement. Yes. He is not single handedly going to make or break the Bills season.

Get his whiny butt out of town if you find someone willing to give a 1st rounder or more.

I don't think it is a stupid statement, although it is obviously an overstatement.

Exactly. Hence my comment. He started out his post with "That is a very stupid statement" and then made a completely exaggerated statement in the same post. Peters allowed too many sacks last year. He also dished out some crushing blocks, and impressed his opponents, and other players in the league, enough to make the Pro Bowl. There is nobody on the team, right now, that can play that position as well as Peters did last year, and he missed all of camp and the preseason, last year. He was so BAD last year, the Bills are offering him $8 million, or more.

What stupid statements!!

Get off your high horse, the statements you just made are the dumbest comments I've read all day.

What makes you think Bell can do anything? What a stupid azz comment.

Chambers better than Dockery at Gaurd! Ya, I would bet that not one GM in the league would agree with you on that.

:worthy:

Exactly. Hence my comment. He started out his post with "That is a very stupid statement" and then made a completely exaggerated statement in the same post. Peters allowed too many sacks last year. He also dished out some crushing blocks, and impressed his opponents, and other players in the league, enough to make the Pro Bowl. There is nobody on the team, right now, that can play that position as well as Peters did last year, and he missed all of camp and the preseason, last year. He was so BAD last year, the Bills are offering him $8 million, or more.

We basically agree here. I think Peters is a great player and do not want to see him leave. I would be very happy if he signed for 8-9m per year and he went on to have a HOF career. My fear is that he will either continue to be miserable and hold out until he is traded or the Bills will cave to his demand(trade is more likely). Or even worse, he caves and accepts less than what he wants, then he pouts and plays crappy like he did last year.

The JP of 2007 is worth $8-9m, the JP or 2008 is not worth what he is currently making.

As a fan, my heart wants the Bills to just pay the man. On the other hand, if we could get a 1 and 3, I say trade him. In the long run, the Bills might be better served

I bet you play the lottery, too...

You have no idea how Bell is doing. When informed people who work with the guy say he has improved tremendously, i will listen to them over guys on here. None of us have seen squat from the kid since last preseason. And i think he did alright. He has had another year of lighting weights and working with the coaches under his belt. I love how if guys on here havent heard/seen him, he must suck. Always makes me laugh.

And yes it is Edwards year to prove what he has. I hope he goes out throw for 4000 yds and 20 tds. The Bills win 10 games. Then all will be well in the world. If he doesn't then next year we will be saying ok which qb falls to us at 10.

What stupid statements!!

Get off your high horse, the statements you just made are the dumbest comments I've read all day.

What makes you think Bell can do anything? What a stupid azz comment.

Chambers better than Dockery at Gaurd! Ya, I would bet that not one GM in the league would agree with you on that.

:worthy:

Either (or both) Chambers and Bell MIGHT turn out to be better than Dock. But if the coaches thought they were better, last year, they would have played more. Obviously, the FO thought that Dock was overpaid for his play (agreed), but there is no reason to be sure Chambers or Bell will be better. I hope either or both become better, though. Also, the next Bills guard should have a better center to play next to.

You have no idea how Bell is doing. When informed people who work with the guy say he has improved tremendously, i will listen to them over guys on here. None of us have seen squat from the kid since last preseason. And i think he did alright. He has had another year of lighting weights and working with the coaches under his belt. I love how if guys on here havent heard/seen him, he must suck. Always makes me laugh.

And yes it is Edwards year to prove what he has. I hope he goes out throw for 4000 yds and 20 tds. The Bills win 10 games. Then all will be well in the world. If he doesn't then next year we will be saying ok which qb falls to us at 10.

Who said Bell is going to suck? But how can anyone confirm that he is going to do well? I tell you, you can't! That also makes me laugh.

Who said Bell is going to suck? But how can anyone confirm that he is going to do well? I tell you, you can't! That also makes me laugh.

How can you tell i cant? You are wasteing your life on here bud. You should move to Vegas if you can read minds. I think he is going to do good. He had great feet comming out of college but was weak. He has gotten in good shape, stronger, while being able to keep his athleticism. Bills drafted him last year, probably with the foresight that Peters was going to be hard to resign.

How can you tell i cant? You are wasteing your life on here bud. You should move to Vegas if you can read minds. I think he is going to do good. He had great feet comming out of college but was weak. He has gotten in good shape, stronger, while being able to keep his athleticism. Bills drafted him last year, probably with the foresight that Peters was going to be hard to resign.

Wasting my life here? :worthy:

I have no clue what that meant.

In regards to Bell, I have every hope that he is going to do well, but that is all it is, is just hope. So when Lurker said, play the lottery? I think that summed it up best. Also for anyone to gaurantee that Bell is going to do better than Dockery without ever seeing them play one down is just pure ignorance. If you don't recognize that, well then....

Wasting my life here? :worthy:

I have no clue what that meant.

In regards to Bell, I have every hope that is going to do well, but that is all it is, is just hope. So when Lurker said, play the lottery? I think that summed it up best. Also for anyone to gaurantee that Bell is going to do better than Dockery without ever seeing them play one down is just pure ignorance. If you don't recognize that, well then....

The important question, I think, is "are you ready to risk the season on unknown guys at key OL positions?" I'm ready to say "yes" when it comes to Dock, as the Bills should have a better Center, and I'd like to think they make another move to secure a veteran guard. But, even if they don't, Chambers or Bell might be able to perform at an adequate level. But it is far from a certainty.

I'll say "no" when it comes to taking the risk of losing Peters at LT, though. This team just has too much to lose, unless they get a known quantity in at LT.