Owens in BUFF!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be overly pessimistic but....

:worthy:

I can't say I am optimistic about Peters showing up. But if he did, I think it might just be the move the Bills need to see, to make the final nudge, in their number. i know, it's probably BS, but if I'm his agent, those are the kinds of chances I would take. He can always leave, if nothing is accomplished.

Peters stated that he wouldn't hold-out again this year. We'll see if that's true, should he not get traded or a get a new contract.

Hmmm....so weird, have not heard anything on any national media outlet about him reporting. I know there have been many topics in the past on this board regarding the media, Mort especially, but I'm going to jump on the waggon, I don't get any of my news from the so called "experts" any more, they're useless.

Hmmm....so weird, have not heard anything on any national media outlet about him reporting. I know there have been many topics in the past on this board regarding the media, Mort especially, but I'm going to jump on the waggon, I don't get any of my news from the so called "experts" any more, they're useless.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4054242

While I know it is voluntary, and not a big deal to miss these, I think Peters would do wonders for the contract talks, if he decided to show up...even if only for a few days. That may sound naive, I know. I'm not suggesting it will work to make the Bills cave...I'm just saying it can't hurt, and it is a very small, but potentially meaningful, gesture. If I were his agent, I'd have him workout, at least a for a few days.

The problem with Peters is his agent. If Rosenhaus was his agent, a deal would of been done by now. The Bills should call Rosenhaus and offer Peters a $11 Million contract, and have Rosenhaus offer it to Peters just to cut Eugene Parker out.

Now that would make my day

Peters stated that he wouldn't hold-out again this year. We'll see if that's true, should he not get traded or a get a new contract.

I'm not doubting you, but I don't remember hearing or reading that. Do you have a link?

Of course Tim has it, the AFC east is his beat (nice job Tim), I think the real question is, will it be a big story on Sportscenter, Mike and Mike, etc. the way him not being there was. I really don't care, but I see the poster's point.

I'm not doubting you, but I don't remember hearing or reading that. Do you have a link?

I was going to ask the same thing. Again, not to doubt him, I just don't recall that.

For the record - NFLN mentioned it. And Comcast is going to lose the one channel I watch, go figure...

Of course Tim has it, the AFC east is his beat (nice job Tim), I think the real question is, will it be a big story on Sportscenter, Mike and Mike, etc. the way him not being there was. I really don't care, but I see the poster's point.

As do I, but with it on the front page of the dot.com, I'd think there's a decent chance the all-NFL-most-of-the-time Sportscenter might mention it. As for M+M and Cowherd ... I join you in not caring what they say.

Exactly what I was reffering to, no Sportscenter, no ESPN radio, Fox Sports etc... Tim's on the ball with everything AFC East and the other powers that be pick what's going to bring the "ratings". T.O. showing up and doing something good isn't going to make the news. Anyway, it's just good to see and I'd like it to be reported nationally but I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it.

As far as the Jason Peters situation, whatever happens, happens, the guys a good player but has been a pain. I don't understand why other players don't pick up the phone to call players and give them some obvious advice during contract situations. Not that I want them to get into their business but they can certainly have a professional conversation to bring out how it's perceived by others. I guess it all comes down to the moola and the bling.