Sorry, had to post this, too funny to pass up.

ans4e64

On the ESPN ticker, I just almost passed out from laughing so hard, because it said:

"Yankees Wang to return to mound." ...... :thumbsup:

This almost seems too funny to be done on accident. Does someone at ESPN have a sense of humor? :rolleyes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the ESPN ticker, I just almost passed out from laughing so hard, because it said:

This almost seems to funny to be done on accident. Does someone at ESPN have some humor? :rolleyes:

How would you have preferred they phrase it? It isn't that funny, it's the man's name.

Well the pitchers name is Chien Ming Wang, and he hasn't pitched since last season. Its like saying Maddux returns to mound. Don't really see the humor in it. His name is also pronounced Wong, not Wang
:rolleyes:

Oh lighten up! That's some funny $hiit right there! :thumbsup:

Well the pitchers name is Chien Ming Wang, and he hasn't pitched since last season. Its like saying Maddux returns to mound. Don't really see the humor in it. His name is also pronounced Wong, not Wang

You don't see the humor in it?

How about "wang" being slang for a man's genitalia, and "mound" being slang for a woman's?

Wang returns to mound. Must be me, I think its hilarious.

How would you have preferred they phrase it? It isn't that funny, it's the man's name.

Of course, but the "return to mound" gives it a little unintentional (if sophomoric) comedic value. I got a small chuckle out of it.

How about "Wang makes his first start since 2008" or "Wang starts against __ tonight".... I could keep going. Relax.

How about "Wang makes his first start since 2008" or "Wang starts against __ tonight".... I could keep going. Relax.

Well, I'm guessing you saw this on the new bottomline segment called "The Lead", where they give the top stories snappy little headlines, not just information. But again, I failed to see the humor with the whole "mound" thing.

This almost seems too funny to be done on accident. Does someone at ESPN have a sense of humor? :rolleyes:

Interesting you should post this. Also, you have an interesting avatar....So when did your facination with male genitalia begin?

How about "wang" being slang for a man's genitalia, and "mound" being slang for a woman's?

Maybe it would have been funnier if he was pitching in the Cardinal's old ballpark. :thumbsup:

"Wang will be on the mound at Busch"

Interesting you should post this. Also, you have an interesting avatar....So when did your facination with male genitalia begin?

Since the day your mother first touched mine :thumbsup:

Kidding, but couldn't pass that up either :rolleyes:

This almost seems too funny to be done on accident. Does someone at ESPN have a sense of humor? :nana:

:nana: I know it's middle school humor but that's still funny to me. :rolleyes:

Of course, but the "return to mound" gives it a little unintentional (if sophomoric) comedic value. I got a small chuckle out of it.

Like your girlfriend gets out of you? :thumbsup:

"Yankees Wang to return to mound." ...... :rolleyes:

This almost seems too funny to be done on accident. Does someone at ESPN have a sense of humor? :thumbsup:

It's his first start in a while, it probably won't be long before Wang's pulled.... :thumbsup:

Its funny! Just too many tight asses in here to get the humor. All they ever wanna do is B word in here and never laugh about anything. No wonder the city of buffalo is so screwed up.

How about Wang is really in a tight jam here.

or

They were trying to squeeze Wang in.

or

Wang needs to get on base so he can score.

or

They have Wang caught in a rundown here.

or

Wang has good stuff.

or

I would like to push Wang over to second.

or

He caught Wang last game.

or

He hit a Wang-off home run.

or

He hit a home run off of Wang.

or

His bat glanced off of Wang. (ouch!)

or

None can touch Wang today.

OK, I will stop.

Its funny! Just too many tight asses in here to get the humor. All they ever wanna do is B word in here and never laugh about anything. No wonder the city of buffalo is so screwed up.

Well don't I feel like "The tavern league discard!" I don't see any humor in this at all.

Well, I'm guessing you saw this on the new bottomline segment called "The Lead", where they give the top stories snappy little headlines, not just information. But again, I failed to see the humor with the whole "mound" thing.

"Mons pubis" (Latin for "pubic mound")...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mons_pubis