The Bills have an odd way of doing biz

Screw Peters

trade him for draft picks

its time for chambers or bell to become men!

Screw the Pro Bowl LT, who has produced for the team in every year, with a fall off last season, after sitting out...yet still made the Pro Bowl...and you don't have a replacement.

Pay the #2 RB, who has produced, in limited playing time, for one season (two if you want to count his even more limited production in 2007)...when you have Marshawn as the starter.

I'd call that an odd way to do business, in the NFL.

Guest dog14787
Screw the Pro Bowl LT, who has produced for the team in every year, with a fall off last season, after sitting out...yet still made the Pro Bowl...and you don't have a replacement.

Pay the #2 RB, who has produced, in limited playing time, for one season (two if you want to count his even more limited production in 2007)...when you have Marshawn as the starter.

I want Fred Jackson taken care of properly and in my opinion he deserves a new contract, but it does zero good when the O-line he plays behind is sub par, what is it with this team? Somethings got to give, geeeesh :(

I think he is only looking for a long term deal. I don't know why the Bills hasn't done anything for him already. Maybe they are too busy dealing with Jason Peters at this time. We need a real GM.

Ignoring Peters and his agent muct take up a lot of time.

And enough with the Pro Bowl nonsense.

The Pro Bowl means nothing. Peters doesn't didn't deserve the Pro Bowl. I want to keep him as much as the next guy - but he should not be paid more than Long.

Screw Peters

trade him for draft picks

its time for chambers or bell to become men!

The thing I think is funny is that for some reason some posters seem to think trading Peters is the same as screwing Peters. Actually to trade him would in essence be caving in to him as it would give him financially exactly what he wants.

Read this slowly... Peters wants a new contract even though he is under contract. No team is going to trade for Peters and give up additional value just to Peters perform the same holdout he is doing with the Bills.

Trading Peters does not screw him it almost certainly gives him the new contract he is looking for as his new owners would have even less leverage than the Bills to get him to play.

Trading him not only does not screw Peters but it almost certainly screws us as we end up with a rookie playing LT and like any rookie learning on the job. The scary thing for us is that his job will be protecting Edwards' blindside, making the passing game work for the one year we are guaranteed to have T.O. and most important trying to at least make the playoffs before Ralph dies.

Maybe lightening strikes and our rookie is the new Ryan Clady, but actually he is just as if not a lot more easily a bust like OL draftee Mike Williams or has a lost rookie season like OL player McKinnie.

Peters clearly is not screwed by a trade and quite likely the Bills are screwed by one which gives us a journeyman or a rookie to play LT. Peters is far from the perfect player, but in this case using the devil you know is a far more likely strategy than using the devil you don't know.

Peters has a contract offer on the table that is approx 8.5 million per season. that would give Peters a salary of the top 5 OL in the NFL...

Peters is the one with the issue/. The Bills did business and peters demands more... there is nothing the Bills can do about it but parlay Peters into multipel draft picks. The Bills are not going to reward a player with a highest paid player at a position after that player holds out.

There is something to be said for character, though, Dean, and Jason has not shown that to the team. If he had he would have taken a page from the Evans book, reported to camp and bargained from there in good faith.

There is something to be said for character, though, Dean, and Jason has not shown that to the team. If he had he would have taken a page from the Evans book, reported to camp and bargained from there in good faith.

I don't disagree with any of that. But, I really don't think Peters has bad character, at all. He is loved by his coaches and his teammates, from all reports. He has always done what he was asked to do, as a Bill.

Last year was a very bad glitch, IMO. From what I have been told, Peters is not a very bright guy (and he might be a little emotional/sensitive, too). The Bills initially blowing him off on redoing his contract, coupled with his agent telling him holding out was the way to go, resulted in the mess that happened last year. It has carried over to this year, as there is a lot of bad blood, between the agent and the team.

Now, I understand that, even if he is a mental midget, Peters is responsible for his decisions. But, that doesn't mean we shouldn't really try to figure out what went down, and decide if we want to label Peters "a bad guy", or simply a guy that (due to assorted reasons) made a bad choice, last year.

Honestly, if the team had real issues about his character, or his ability, they wouldn't be offering him $8 Million. That offer, alone, dismisses all the BS some of the fans have thrown around here. Everyone, who has a clue, understands Peters is an exceptional player, and deserves a big contract. What's going on now, is simply negotiation. Why is everyone all upset about a contract negotiation?

I don't disagree with any of that. But, I really don't think Peters has bad character, at all. He is loved by his coaches and his teammates, from all reports. He has always done what he was asked to do, as a Bill.

Last year was a very bad glitch, IMO. From what I have been told, Peters is not a very bright guy (and he might be a little emotional/sensitive, too). The Bills initially blowing him off on redoing his contract, coupled with his agent telling hears has im holding out was the way to go, resulted in the mess that happened last year. It has carried over to this year, as there is a lot of bad blood, between the agent and the team.

Now, I understand that, even if he is a mental midget, Peters is responsible for his decisions. But, that doesn't mean we shouldn't really try to figure out what went down, and decide if we want to label Peters "a bad guy", or simply a guy that (due to assorted reasons) made a bad choice, last year.

Honestly, if the team had real issues about his character, or his ability, they wouldn't be offering him $8 Million. That offer, alone, dismisses all the BS some of the fans have thrown around here. Everyone, who has a clue, understands Peters is an exceptional player, and deserves a big contract. What's going on now, is simply negotiation. Why is everyone all upset about a contract negotiation?

Nailed it :thumbsup: The trouble is that many people hang around this forum from day to day and hypothisize about things and get worked up over nothing. Just a sign that fans are getting anxious. It's also hard to be cool when your team hasn't made the playoffs in....how many years has it been? .......Why that friggin' Peters is holding out? @#$%! Off with his head!

Nailed it :thumbsup: The trouble is that many people hang around this forum from day to day and hypothisize about things and get worked up over nothing. Just a sign that fans are getting anxious. It's also hard to be cool when your team hasn't made the playoffs in....how many years has it been? .......Why that friggin' Peters is holding out? @#$%! Off with his head!

Yup

Why is everyone all upset about a contract negotiation?

Basicly it's fear of another holdout, which will hurt the offense more so this year then last year with all the changes on the line.

Fred Jackson? That seems like normal contract negotiations to me.

Personally the FO worries me as well as it seems they are trying to communicate to Peters through the Bills website which in turn brings back bad memories of broken contact etc...

That's a very ironic question when you consider Jason Peters had exactly the same number of good seasons that Jake Long has had...ONE.

PTR

Peters was good, or better, in 2005, 2006 and 2007. What were you watching?

Peters was good, or better, in 2005, 2006 and 2007. What were you watching?

Wow. When is 11.5 sacks allowed considered better than two? That's how many Long allowed in his rookie season. Oh yes, I watched every game as Peters waved at rushers on their way to decapitate Edwards. If you think Peters has had 3 stellars years, then your standards are set really low.

PTR